Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just Not my day...

Just Not my day...

So I pulled into BOA drive thru to make a deposit. Teller couldn't get my name right so she asked for my id... OK some people can't read my chicken scratch. Then she comes back with she can't get the account number right so she asked for my debit card. (Little History) on 12/20 someone ran a 1K up on my account in Louisiana Walmart (not me) so the card is now canceled, i didn't think of that when I popped it into the carrier and sent it to her. LONG DELAY but that is what the Iphone was invented for...

Then all of a sudden I have a local cop car blocking my exit, then I am ordered out of the car. Kimber is right in view which gets me a Duty weapon salute while I am relieved of it. And handcuffed...

Long Story short: The teller NEVER compared the name on my ID, the check, the account or the debit card. When she swiped the card it came up decline do not honor. So what does she do? She calls 911 to report check fraud, which brought the locals down on top of me.

Which would have been completely resolved if she had looked at the ID, check, debit card or the account both the debit card and account my face shows up.

At 3:30 I have an appointment with the bank Manager who is coming back from Great Wolf Lodge to meet with me. Apparently it's bad when you handcuff a client while he is depositing his work paycheck. Lots of procedures got ignored or overlooked.

SO from there I went down to best buy to return a bag. And as I was on the way back I stopped and grabbed Mc'D's. Just got around the S.Center mall when the red and blues come on. So I pull over. Cop comes up asks if I know what I did. No. He tells me I was on my cell phone. ?I'm clueless cause the phone is in my jacket in the back seat.?

No denying it he saw me with something up to my ear. I got stopped for talking on a... HAMBURGER!!! After alot of back and forth he finally agrees to look in my jacket and I told him to feel free to look around the drivers seat, but that I had a .45 on and what would he like me to do with it?

So he secured it, goes peering around the drivers seat... no phone. Then he retrieves my jacket and finds the phone zipped into the chest pocket right where I had said it was, and well outta my reach. Then he gets all miffed that obviously he's wrong and demands to know where the burger I claimed to be eating was... I ate it. Looking crestfallen I admitted to eating the evidence. By this time I am in hysterics, the cop is between baffled and being mondo pissed. He returns the Kimber to me and gets in his car and leaves without another word.

Probablly not my finest moment, but after the bank thing, all I could do was laugh, I couldn't have cared less if I got a ticket... I would have fought it, since originally I was stopped for cellphone usage, while driving. And it was a hamburger. Would have loved to see the judge's face when I explain I was talking on a hamburger.

Oh somewhere in there there was a batch of questioning about why I was armed... "It's S.Center, I was here a year ago for the shooting in the food court and wasn't there another shooting just the other day? Would you be unarmed?" He had a hard time trying to reply to that coherently. Stupids facts, they just get in the way of a good, "let me tell you something" lecture.

Overall It just wasn't my day.

Your only mistake is continued business with BofA!

Great story. Thanks.
    CZ 75B 9mm, Ruger P94 .40 S&W, Bersa Thunder .380, AR-15 Homebuild

Quote Originally Posted by triehl27 View Post
    So I pulled into BOA drive thru to make a deposit. Teller couldn't get my name right so she asked for my id... OK some people can't read my chicken scratch. Then she comes back with she can't get the account number right so she asked for my debit card. (Little History) on 12/20 someone ran a 1K up on my account in Louisiana Walmart (not me) so the card is now canceled, i didn't think of that when I popped it into the carrier and sent it to her. LONG DELAY but that is what the Iphone was invented for...

Then all of a sudden I have a local cop car blocking my exit, then I am ordered out of the car. Kimber is right in view which gets me a Duty weapon salute while I am relieved of it. And handcuffed...

Long Story short: The teller NEVER compared the name on my ID, the check, the account or the debit card. When she swiped the card it came up decline do not honor. So what does she do? She calls 911 to report check fraud, which brought the locals down on top of me.

Which would have been completely resolved if she had looked at the ID, check, debit card or the account both the debit card and account my face shows up.

At 3:30 I have an appointment with the bank Manager who is coming back from Great Wolf Lodge to meet with me. Apparently it's bad when you handcuff a client while he is depositing his work paycheck. Lots of procedures got ignored or overlooked.

SO from there I went down to best buy to return a bag. And as I was on the way back I stopped and grabbed Mc'D's. Just got around the S.Center mall when the red and blues come on. So I pull over. Cop comes up asks if I know what I did. No. He tells me I was on my cell phone. ?I'm clueless cause the phone is in my jacket in the back seat.?

No denying it he saw me with something up to my ear. I got stopped for talking on a... HAMBURGER!!! After alot of back and forth he finally agrees to look in my jacket and I told him to feel free to look around the drivers seat, but that I had a .45 on and what would he like me to do with it?

So he secured it, goes peering around the drivers seat... no phone. Then he retrieves my jacket and finds the phone zipped into the chest pocket right where I had said it was, and well outta my reach. Then he gets all miffed that obviously he's wrong and demands to know where the burger I claimed to be eating was... I ate it. Looking crestfallen I admitted to eating the evidence. By this time I am in hysterics, the cop is between baffled and being mondo pissed. He returns the Kimber to me and gets in his car and leaves without another word.

Probablly not my finest moment, but after the bank thing, all I could do was laugh, I couldn't have cared less if I got a ticket... I would have fought it, since originally I was stopped for cellphone usage, while driving. And it was a hamburger. Would have loved to see the judge's face when I explain I was talking on a hamburger.

Oh somewhere in there there was a batch of questioning about why I was armed... "It's S.Center, I was here a year ago for the shooting in the food court and wasn't there another shooting just the other day? Would you be unarmed?" He had a hard time trying to reply to that coherently. Stupids facts, they just get in the way of a good, "let me tell you something" lecture.

Overall It just wasn't my day.

The previous shooting at Southcenter happened in Dec. 08; I was working (in a retail store) on the second floor by Sears and I heard the shots. That little incident is why I now own a gun (3 of them, actually) and why I carry (legally).
    Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world; it's the only thing that ever does.- Margaret Mead

Those who will not fight for justice today will fight for their lives in the future,

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. Benjamin Franklin

How long till someone makes a hamburger shaped cell phone?

(do we have to repost the whole thread every time we reply?)

I'm not sure why anyone would frequent a known gang hangout, and the scene of multiple shootings.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDeeeeeeee View Post
    If you listen to the Rush Limbaugh show, there is one. The company that makes it is called "Crapco" (it's a spoof ad).

This "company" says that if a cop ever makes you take a bite out of this "hamburger phone" all you have to do is "save the residue" and they'll send you a new "Crapco Burger Phone".

triehl27-

When the officer asked where the Hamburger was that you claimed you ate, I might have responded "If you have a couple of hours I'll have it ready for you. Would you like it back in the original bag?"

What the heck are you still doing banking at BoA? If you continue, expect "crapco" like this to happen again. One could write a book on the stupid $h!t their employees do, just like this.
    Last edited by amlevin; 01-03-2011 at 07:23 PM.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

I have given serious thought to buying a small block of cheddar cheese and driving around holding it to my ear, just to piss them off and waste their time. I think the new law is stupid. Used to be they could pull you over for "distracted driving", now you can't talk on your phone even if you are driving in a perfectly safe manner AND they have another "probably cause" reason to pull you over when you haven't done anything. "It looked like he was talking on a cell phone". The last thing the government needs is another illegitimate reason to harass you.

Quote Originally Posted by deanf View Post

I'm not sure why anyone would frequent a known gang hangout, and the scene of multiple shootings.
    Sometimes. Don't like it, don't read it.
    Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world; it's the only thing that ever does.- Margaret Mead

Those who will not fight for justice today will fight for their lives in the future,

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. Benjamin Franklin

And I'm not sure why anyone would come on this forum and just criticize and b*tch all the time. I remember you from you criticizing and complaining about Devildoc5. Might I suggest that you try something different and contribute something positive for a change. Just sayin'.

Thank you for sharing your day and thank you for OCing, even when it wasn't pleasant. Hopefully, the more of us that OC, the fewer days like this for everyone.

For the record, I agree with you Dean. I've wondered about this for a long time. And it happens on just about every forum on planet earth

My criticizism is that you told the cop he could look around inside your vehicle. WTF?? Also, since you got disarmed at the bank, are you going to file a complaint against the officer for disarming you? I suppose they'll say that you were, temporarily, a crime suspect and they have the right to disarm you. I'd fight that one.
    Certified Glock Armorer

"A government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any particular individual citizen..." -- Warren v. District of Columbia, 444 A.2d 1 (D.C. App.181)

A 1911 that works properly is as rare as a Glock that doesn't.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by j2l3 View Post

Great story. Thanks.
    Agreed. Some suit told me that I was prohibited from carrying in BoA. I closed my account and moved it across the street that very afternoon. Should have seen the look on his face when he saw how much money I was depriving BoA of.

I enjoyed reading about your day.

Last summer the City of Burlington was talking about making a city ordiance, for it to be against the law there to eat or drink while driving in the city limits.
    A billzillion calls later they changed their mind.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDeeeeeeee View Post

Like this?
    Quote Originally Posted by SayWhat View Post

Shooters before hooters.

Quote Originally Posted by j2l3 View Post

Great story. Thanks.
    Time to change banks... I did a little over a year ago from BofA (formerly a Seafirst Customer)... to a local Credit Union...
    Live Free or Die!

I just thought I would take this opportunity to inform and/or remind folks about a few details of the "cell phone law".

1) If the vehicle is not in motion at the time you are using the phone; there is no infraction.

2) If you are not holding the phone to your ear; there is no infraction.

3) If you have speaker-phone mode, no matter how you're holding the phone; there is no infraction.

4) The state preempts the use of cell phones while driving.

5) A violation will NOT show up on a driving record, and will NOT be given to you insurance company or employer.
    A wise and frugal Government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government.- Thomas Jefferson March 4 1801

Quote Originally Posted by END_THE_FED View Post
    I just thought I would take this opportunity to inform and/or remind folks about a few details of the "cell phone law".

3) If you have speaker-phone mode, no matter how you're holding the phone; there is no infraction.
    If you are using it, how do you argue to a cop that you were?

His word against yours, how shall the elected judge believe?

Been harassed by the police? Yelled at by the anti-gun neighbors? Mother doesn't approve?

Then this is the place for you! Click here to get back at them!

Quote Originally Posted by GreenIsFaster View Post
    If you are using it, how do you argue to a cop that you were?

His word against yours, how shall the elected judge believe?

I would have to hope that the judge would leave the burden of proof with the state to demonstrate that I did not have speaker phone mode.

Kind of like RCW 9.41.270 We all know that it doesn't ban the peaceful carry of firearms in a holster, but that doesn't really do much to convince Vancouver WA.

We always will have LE who will ignore what the law says to write a ticket or to bring up charges, we will always have LE that are ignorant of some laws. The best thing we can do about this is to be as informed as possible about what the law actually says.
    A wise and frugal Government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government.- Thomas Jefferson March 4 1801

wow I wish I could have seen you laughing at the cop.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    I would have to hope that the judge would leave the burden of proof with the state to demonstrate that I did not have speaker phone mode.

We all hope that, but just doesn't seem to be the case anymore. The burden of proof is mostly hearsay and your word against LEO, guess who the judge believes?
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar

Because the fight for freedom also extends to not being intimidated and letting thugs take areas from us.

Besides statistically "bad areas" are not as bad as many portray. Mostly thugs fighting killing other thugs.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

1) If the vehicle is not in motion at the time you are using the phone; there is no infraction.

I think #1 means you may use it if parked. If you are at a stop light then you are considered in operation of a motor vehicle.

2) If you are not holding the phone to your ear; there is no infraction.

4) The state preempts the use of cell phones while driving.

5) A violation will NOT show up on a driving record, and will NOT be given to you insurance company or employer.

That is NOT "the law".
    It is the law for YOUR area.

Here is "the law" for my area.........

"Talk on em if you got em".

They can't just "make" a law either.
    It has to go through the State and be approved.

MISSISSIPPI CODE OF 1972
    As Amended

SEC. 63-3-212. Localities prohibited from enacting ordinances restricting cell phone use in motor vehicles.

No county, municipality or other political subdivision shall enact any ordinance restricting the use of cellular phones in any motor vehicle until such time as the state may authorize a county, municipality or other political subdivision to enact such an ordinance.

SOURCES: Laws, 2002, ch. 491, § 1, HB 1551, eff from and after July 1, 2002

.......... and that just ain't gonna happen while officials wish to get re-elected.
    Last edited by marionmedic; 01-04-2011 at 01:00 PM.
    What part of "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED" is so hard to understand ???

James: Ain't this a little showy, Pa? I mean with the guns out an' all?

Big Jake: James, don't be fooled. They all know what's in this box, and they all want it. what we're doin' with this audacious DISplay is tellin' 'em they can't have it. Who knows, we may be savin' some poor miscreant soul's life this way.

www.dixieleather.com - www.dixiepreparedness.org

Quote Originally Posted by marionmedic View Post
    That is NOT "the law".
    It is the law for YOUR area...........................

True, and this is the Washington State section of the forum, and I cited/linked a Washington State law. I thought that it was clear I was talking about Washington.

Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
    I think #1 means you may use it if parked. If you are at a stop light then you are considered in operation of a motor vehicle.

That sounds like a fair interpretation.
    The phrase used in the RCW is "........a person operating a moving motor vehicle......."
    They may have been trying to be clear that a car parked while idling should not be included.

I am not sure if a fast call at a long light would be included or not, I guess it would depend on the judge or jury.

RCW 46.61.667

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast