• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Just Not my day...

triehl27

So I pulled into BOA drive thru to make a deposit. Teller couldn't get my name right so she asked for my id... OK some people can't read my chicken scratch. Then she comes back with she can't get the account number right so she asked for my debit card. (Little History) on 12/20 someone ran a 1K up on my account in Louisiana Walmart (not me) so the card is now canceled, i didn't think of that when I popped it into the carrier and sent it to her. LONG DELAY but that is what the Iphone was invented for...

Then all of a sudden I have a local cop car blocking my exit, then I am ordered out of the car. Kimber is right in view which gets me a Duty weapon salute while I am relieved of it. And handcuffed...

Long Story short: The teller NEVER compared the name on my ID, the check, the account or the debit card. When she swiped the card it came up decline do not honor. So what does she do? She calls 911 to report check fraud, which brought the locals down on top of me.

Which would have been completely resolved if she had looked at the ID, check, debit card or the account both the debit card and account my face shows up.

At 3:30 I have an appointment with the bank Manager who is coming back from Great Wolf Lodge to meet with me. Apparently it's bad when you handcuff a client while he is depositing his work paycheck. Lots of procedures got ignored or overlooked.

SO from there I went down to best buy to return a bag. And as I was on the way back I stopped and grabbed Mc'D's. Just got around the S.Center mall when the red and blues come on. So I pull over. Cop comes up asks if I know what I did. No. He tells me I was on my cell phone. ?I'm clueless cause the phone is in my jacket in the back seat.?

No denying it he saw me with something up to my ear. I got stopped for talking on a... HAMBURGER!!! After alot of back and forth he finally agrees to look in my jacket and I told him to feel free to look around the drivers seat, but that I had a .45 on and what would he like me to do with it?

So he secured it, goes peering around the drivers seat... no phone. Then he retrieves my jacket and finds the phone zipped into the chest pocket right where I had said it was, and well outta my reach. Then he gets all miffed that obviously he's wrong and demands to know where the burger I claimed to be eating was... I ate it. Looking crestfallen I admitted to eating the evidence. By this time I am in hysterics, the cop is between baffled and being mondo pissed. He returns the Kimber to me and gets in his car and leaves without another word.

Probablly not my finest moment, but after the bank thing, all I could do was laugh, I couldn't have cared less if I got a ticket... I would have fought it, since originally I was stopped for cellphone usage, while driving. And it was a hamburger. Would have loved to see the judge's face when I explain I was talking on a hamburger.

Oh somewhere in there there was a batch of questioning about why I was armed... "It's S.Center, I was here a year ago for the shooting in the food court and wasn't there another shooting just the other day? Would you be unarmed?" He had a hard time trying to reply to that coherently. Stupids facts, they just get in the way of a good, "let me tell you something" lecture.

Overall It just wasn't my day.

Ruby

So I pulled into BOA drive thru to make a deposit. Teller couldn't get my name right so she asked for my id... OK some people can't read my chicken scratch. Then she comes back with she can't get the account number right so she asked for my debit card. (Little History) on 12/20 someone ran a 1K up on my account in Louisiana Walmart (not me) so the card is now canceled, i didn't think of that when I popped it into the carrier and sent it to her. LONG DELAY but that is what the Iphone was invented for...

Then all of a sudden I have a local cop car blocking my exit, then I am ordered out of the car. Kimber is right in view which gets me a Duty weapon salute while I am relieved of it. And handcuffed...

Long Story short: The teller NEVER compared the name on my ID, the check, the account or the debit card. When she swiped the card it came up decline do not honor. So what does she do? She calls 911 to report check fraud, which brought the locals down on top of me.

Which would have been completely resolved if she had looked at the ID, check, debit card or the account both the debit card and account my face shows up.

At 3:30 I have an appointment with the bank Manager who is coming back from Great Wolf Lodge to meet with me. Apparently it's bad when you handcuff a client while he is depositing his work paycheck. Lots of procedures got ignored or overlooked.

SO from there I went down to best buy to return a bag. And as I was on the way back I stopped and grabbed Mc'D's. Just got around the S.Center mall when the red and blues come on. So I pull over. Cop comes up asks if I know what I did. No. He tells me I was on my cell phone. ?I'm clueless cause the phone is in my jacket in the back seat.?

No denying it he saw me with something up to my ear. I got stopped for talking on a... HAMBURGER!!! After alot of back and forth he finally agrees to look in my jacket and I told him to feel free to look around the drivers seat, but that I had a .45 on and what would he like me to do with it?

So he secured it, goes peering around the drivers seat... no phone. Then he retrieves my jacket and finds the phone zipped into the chest pocket right where I had said it was, and well outta my reach. Then he gets all miffed that obviously he's wrong and demands to know where the burger I claimed to be eating was... I ate it. Looking crestfallen I admitted to eating the evidence. By this time I am in hysterics, the cop is between baffled and being mondo pissed. He returns the Kimber to me and gets in his car and leaves without another word.

Probablly not my finest moment, but after the bank thing, all I could do was laugh, I couldn't have cared less if I got a ticket... I would have fought it, since originally I was stopped for cellphone usage, while driving. And it was a hamburger. Would have loved to see the judge's face when I explain I was talking on a hamburger.

Oh somewhere in there there was a batch of questioning about why I was armed... "It's S.Center, I was here a year ago for the shooting in the food court and wasn't there another shooting just the other day? Would you be unarmed?" He had a hard time trying to reply to that coherently. Stupids facts, they just get in the way of a good, "let me tell you something" lecture.

Overall It just wasn't my day.

The previous shooting at Southcenter happened in Dec. 08; I was working (in a retail store) on the second floor by Sears and I heard the shots. That little incident is why I now own a gun (3 of them, actually) and why I carry (legally).

deanf

(do we have to repost the whole thread every time we reply?)

I'm not sure why anyone would frequent a known gang hangout, and the scene of multiple shootings.

amlevin

How long till someone makes a hamburger shaped cell phone?:lol:

If you listen to the Rush Limbaugh show, there is one. The company that makes it is called "Crapco" (it's a spoof ad).

This "company" says that if a cop ever makes you take a bite out of this "hamburger phone" all you have to do is "save the residue" and they'll send you a new "Crapco Burger Phone".

triehl27-

When the officer asked where the Hamburger was that you claimed you ate, I might have responded "If you have a couple of hours I'll have it ready for you. Would you like it back in the original bag?"

What the heck are you still doing banking at BoA? If you continue, expect "crapco" like this to happen again. One could write a book on the stupid $h!t their employees do, just like this.

Last edited:

heresolong

I have given serious thought to buying a small block of cheddar cheese and driving around holding it to my ear, just to piss them off and waste their time. I think the new law is stupid. Used to be they could pull you over for "distracted driving", now you can't talk on your phone even if you are driving in a perfectly safe manner AND they have another "probably cause" reason to pull you over when you haven't done anything. "It looked like he was talking on a cell phone". The last thing the government needs is another illegitimate reason to harass you.

Ruby

(do we have to repost the whole thread every time we reply?)

I'm not sure why anyone would frequent a known gang hangout, and the scene of multiple shootings.

And I'm not sure why anyone would come on this forum and just criticize and b*tch all the time. I remember you from you criticizing and complaining about Devildoc5. Might I suggest that you try something different and contribute something positive for a change. Just sayin'.

Ruby

Thank you for sharing your day and thank you for OCing, even when it wasn't pleasant. Hopefully, the more of us that OC, the fewer days like this for everyone.

SpyderTattoo

For the record, I agree with you Dean. I've wondered about this for a long time. And it happens on just about every forum on planet earth

My criticizism is that you told the cop he could look around inside your vehicle. WTF?? Also, since you got disarmed at the bank, are you going to file a complaint against the officer for disarming you? I suppose they'll say that you were, temporarily, a crime suspect and they have the right to disarm you. I'd fight that one.

Fallschirjmäger

Your only mistake is continued business with BofA!

Great story. Thanks.

Agreed. Some suit told me that I was prohibited from carrying in BoA. I closed my account and moved it across the street that very afternoon. Should have seen the look on his face when he saw how much money I was depriving BoA of.

ghosthunter

I enjoyed reading about your day.

Last summer the City of Burlington was talking about making a city ordiance, for it to be against the law there to eat or drink while driving in the city limits.
A billzillion calls later they changed their mind.

.45ACPaddy

How long till someone makes a hamburger shaped cell phone?:lol:

uxa06090800ux0069uxc.jpg

Like this?

END_THE_FED

I just thought I would take this opportunity to inform and/or remind folks about a few details of the "cell phone law".

1) If the vehicle is not in motion at the time you are using the phone; there is no infraction.

2) If you are not holding the phone to your ear; there is no infraction.

3) If you have speaker-phone mode, no matter how you're holding the phone; there is no infraction.

4) The state preempts the use of cell phones while driving.

5) A violation will NOT show up on a driving record, and will NOT be given to you insurance company or employer.

END_THE_FED

If you are using it, how do you argue to a cop that you were?

His word against yours, how shall the elected judge believe?

I would have to hope that the judge would leave the burden of proof with the state to demonstrate that I did not have speaker phone mode.

Kind of like RCW 9.41.270 We all know that it doesn't ban the peaceful carry of firearms in a holster, but that doesn't really do much to convince Vancouver WA.

We always will have LE who will ignore what the law says to write a ticket or to bring up charges, we will always have LE that are ignorant of some laws. The best thing we can do about this is to be as informed as possible about what the law actually says.

sudden valley gunner

I would have to hope that the judge would leave the burden of proof with the state to demonstrate that I did not have speaker phone mode.

We all hope that, but just doesn't seem to be the case anymore. The burden of proof is mostly hearsay and your word against LEO, guess who the judge believes?