• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Just Not my day...

sudden valley gunner

(do we have to repost the whole thread every time we reply?)

I'm not sure why anyone would frequent a known gang hangout, and the scene of multiple shootings.

Because the fight for freedom also extends to not being intimidated and letting thugs take areas from us.

Besides statistically "bad areas" are not as bad as many portray. Mostly thugs fighting killing other thugs.

Stretch

I just thought I would take this opportunity to inform and/or remind folks about a few details of the "cell phone law".

1) If the vehicle is not in motion at the time you are using the phone; there is no infraction.

I think #1 means you may use it if parked. If you are at a stop light then you are considered in operation of a motor vehicle.

MedicineMan

I just thought I would take this opportunity to inform and/or remind folks about a few details of the "cell phone law".

1) If the vehicle is not in motion at the time you are using the phone; there is no infraction.

2) If you are not holding the phone to your ear; there is no infraction.

3) If you have speaker-phone mode, no matter how you're holding the phone; there is no infraction.

4) The state preempts the use of cell phones while driving.

5) A violation will NOT show up on a driving record, and will NOT be given to you insurance company or employer.

That is NOT "the law".
It is the law for YOUR area.

Here is "the law" for my area.........

"Talk on em if you got em".

They can't just "make" a law either.
It has to go through the State and be approved.

MISSISSIPPI CODE OF 1972
As Amended

SEC. 63-3-212. Localities prohibited from enacting ordinances restricting cell phone use in motor vehicles.

No county, municipality or other political subdivision shall enact any ordinance restricting the use of cellular phones in any motor vehicle until such time as the state may authorize a county, municipality or other political subdivision to enact such an ordinance.

SOURCES: Laws, 2002, ch. 491, § 1, HB 1551, eff from and after July 1, 2002

.......... and that just ain't gonna happen while officials wish to get re-elected.

Last edited:

END_THE_FED

I think #1 means you may use it if parked. If you are at a stop light then you are considered in operation of a motor vehicle.

That sounds like a fair interpretation.
The phrase used in the RCW is "........a person operating a moving motor vehicle......."
They may have been trying to be clear that a car parked while idling should not be included.

I am not sure if a fast call at a long light would be included or not, I guess it would depend on the judge or jury.

RCW 46.61.667

amzbrady

You should have told the cop you were Maxwell Smart, Agent 86 and you were talking to the cheif, while looking for Kaos headquarters, or given you day, maybe not. Mental patients cant have firearms.

If you are under the influence, sitting behind the wheel, with the keys in the ignition, and the motor off, you still can be arrested for DUI.

Thing about the cell phone law I dont understand is, it is against the law to text "Cant text" which is 9 digits, but it is not against the law to dial a 10 digit phone number so that you can talk to someone while on a handsfree set.

I also dont understand the whole BoA thing, I have not had a problem in any I have carried in. Did I miss a written policy somewhere that says we cant?

Last edited:

END_THE_FED

If you are under the influence, sitting behind the wheel, with the keys in the ignition, and the motor off, you still can be arrested for DUI.

The way the DUI law is worded in this state, anyone who is on prescription anti-depressants, hell anyone who drinks a coffee or takes a caffeine pill to wake up before driving can be charged.

(b) While the person is under the influence of or affected by intoxicating liquor or any drug.
(underline added)

(2) The fact that a person charged with a violation of this section is or has been entitled to use a drug under the laws of this state shall not constitute a defense against a charge of violating this section.

That probably wasn't the intent, but they certainly should have worded it better.

amzbrady

The way the DUI law is worded in this state, anyone who is on prescription anti-depressants, hell anyone who drinks a coffee or takes a caffeine pill to wake up before driving can be charged.

(b) While the person is under the influence of or affected by intoxicating liquor or any drug.
(underline added)

(2) The fact that a person charged with a violation of this section is or has been entitled to use a drug under the laws of this state shall not constitute a defense against a charge of violating this section.

That probably wasn't the intent, but they certainly should have worded it better.

Dont get caught snorting sinus spray at a red light...

ak56

Campaign Veteran
Dont get caught snorting sinus spray at a red light...

I was curious if they had a definition of 'Drugs' in the RCW,and found that they do.

RCW 46.61.540
"Drugs," what included.
The word "drugs", as used in RCW 46.61.500 through 46.61.535, shall include but not be limited to those drugs and substances regulated by chapters 69.41 and 69.50 RCW.

In other words, it's these specific things and anything else they want it to mean.

Even water.

heresolong

Sometimes. Don't like it, don't read it.

Hey Ruby,

The problem with quoting the whole text is that it quickly fills up the pages. Readers then have to scroll through a long post numerous times in order to read one or two short sentences at the end. Do this enough times and it kills what could have been an interesting thread. Just becomes too much hassle to read the arguments being made. Much easier (and considered good forum manners) to snip out the bit you are addressing or, if your response doesn't require the quote, leave the quote out altogether.

Calvin

triehl27

The meeting,

The meeting went well. A lot of apologies, and I was informed the teller was no longer with BoA. Just from what I overheard at the confrontation there were several violations of policy. And the teller seemed to feel that she had final say on how she did things no matter whta the policies say. The teller had been recently moved to the drive-up kiosk from the main bank counter. (Don't know the reason, but my feel was that it was for problems at the counter, i.e. get her away from the customers)

I wasn't told exactly what the violations were specifically, but I did get to see a couple of pages out of the policy manual. From what I gathered the two that stood out to me were,
- That she did not attempt to confirm my identity.
- That she called 911 before confirming my identity, and who the owner of the account was
- That she failed to notify a supervisor that she believed there was an issue so a supervisor could oversee and make the call if necessary
- That she failed to notify a manager that she had dialed 911, before she did it, or even after. The assistant manager saw the flashing lights out her office window, was how she found out.

Overall the manager seemed relieved that I didn't come in to tear his head off. He was definetly upset to have to drive all the way back to Seattle from Great Wolf Lodge to deal with this, but it was clearly the teller he was pissed with.

amzbrady

The meeting went well. A lot of apologies, and I was informed the teller was no longer with BoA. Just from what I overheard at the confrontation there were several violations of policy. And the teller seemed to feel that she had final say on how she did things no matter whta the policies say. The teller had been recently moved to the drive-up kiosk from the main bank counter. (Don't know the reason, but my feel was that it was for problems at the counter, i.e. get her away from the customers)

I wasn't told exactly what the violations were specifically, but I did get to see a couple of pages out of the policy manual. From what I gathered the two that stood out to me were,
- That she did not attempt to confirm my identity.
- That she called 911 before confirming my identity, and who the owner of the account was
- That she failed to notify a supervisor that she believed there was an issue so a supervisor could oversee and make the call if necessary
- That she failed to notify a manager that she had dialed 911, before she did it, or even after. The assistant manager saw the flashing lights out her office window, was how she found out.

Overall the manager seemed relieved that I didn't come in to tear his head off. He was definetly upset to have to drive all the way back to Seattle from Great Wolf Lodge to deal with this, but it was clearly the teller he was pissed with.

Did you open carry to the meeting with him?