Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who In Wisconsin Has Non-Resident Concealed Carry Permits - And From What State?

Who In Wisconsin Has Non-Resident Concealed Carry Permits - And From What State?

Up until October 2008, I was a Wisconsin resident with a non-resident Utah Concealed Firearm Permit. Now I am a Utah resident with a Utah resident Concealed Firearm Permit (and non-resident concealed firearm permits from Pennsylvania, Nevada, and Florida).

With the Wisconsin Legislature ready to enact some form of Concealed Carry (hopefully Constitutional Carry with an optional permit system and reciprocity), I am curious to know how many of my friends in Wisconsin currently have non-resident permits and what States(s) they got them from?
    My cats support the Second Amendment. NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, & Personal Protection - NRA Certified Range Safety Officer, Utah BCI Certified Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor.
    "Permission Slips" from Utah, Pennsylvania, Nevada, Arizona, and Florida. _ Verily, thou shalt not fiddle with thine firearm whilst in the bathroom stall, lest thine spouse seek condolences from thine friends.

Quote Originally Posted by jpm84092 View Post
    Up until October 2008, I was a Wisconsin resident with a non-resident Utah Concealed Firearm Permit. Now I am a Utah resident with a Utah resident Concealed Firearm Permit (and non-resident concealed firearm permits from Pennsylvania, Nevada, and Florida).

With the Wisconsin Legislature ready to enact some form of Concealed Carry (hopefully Constitutional Carry with an optional permit system and reciprocity), I am curious to know how many of my friends in Wisconsin currently have non-resident permits and what States(s) they got them from?
    Utah
    When in danger you can dial 911 and hope for the police to arrive a few minutes later armed with guns.
    Why do police carry guns?

The Joyce Foundation funded firearm control empire:
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...lFundingR1.png

"Everything that we see is a shadow cast by that which we do not see." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Not quite as relevant. Am new to WI, and have a NH non-resident license and a MA license. Looked into FL but did not pursue it.

Minnesota, Pennsylvania, Utah, and Florida.

Wisconsin is next,

JJC

UT, but reluctantly in order to carry my firearm in other states.

Quote Originally Posted by JJC View Post
    Minnesota, Pennsylvania, Utah, and Florida.

Wisconsin is next,

JJC
    Hopefully we won't need a permit here!
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Utah and Florida.
    Hopefully that will be enough when Wisconsin goes constitutional carry.
    "To sin by silence, when we should protest makes cowards out of men."
    Ella Wheeler Cox

We must contact our lawmakers today, tomorrow and the next day to remind them of Constitutional Carry.
    Laws are not written because of the actions of many, they are wrtiten because of the inactions of many.

Utah

I have Florida, Pennsylvania, and Virginia
    I am Calico Jack,,,, And I approve this message!
    (Paid for by the blood of patriots, and Calico Jack Defense)
    Calico Jack Defense

Utah. Looked into Nevada, but that one is pistol specific. That's like asking me what brand of shorts I'll be wearing next 4th of July.

PA, FL and MN
    A. Gold

Failure to comply may result in discipline up to and including termination.
    The free man is a warrior. - Nietzsche "Twilight of the Idols"

McX
    Penn. non-res.................wait a damn minute........................permits?! we dont need no steeeeenkin permits!

Utah, and Minnesota.

Minnesota, Utah, Florida
    Wisconsin Carry Inc - Founders Club Member
    NRA - Life Member
    3rd generation US Air Force Veteran

Utah Florida

Florida
    Owner Little Wolf Firearms , US ARMY RETIRED 101st Airborne & 84th DIV TRNG Small arms instructor.
    Remember , Gun Control is " USING BOTH HANDS!"

Utah
    skorittnig

"If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared."
    Niccolo Machiavelli

Campaign Veteran
    Utah

Got my Utah permit Dec.24......merry Christmas to me!
    <-----Leading by example....while armed

Wisconsin democrats are a tough bunch, and you know what they say-- "when the going gets tough...."

A "No Guns" sign protects me as much as a speed limit sign keeps people from speeding.

Florida. I might get a mn in the future, but will wait to see if wi is accepted first.

Just recently got my FL. Looking at Utah if I am going to be able to do the traveling I am planning for this summer.

Connecticut , Pennsylvania and New Hampshire for now .

some are not getting renewed

Cool Congratulations

Quote Originally Posted by Deek View Post
    Got my Utah permit Dec.24......merry Christmas to me!
    Congratulations!!!
    My cats support the Second Amendment. NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, & Personal Protection - NRA Certified Range Safety Officer, Utah BCI Certified Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor.
    "Permission Slips" from Utah, Pennsylvania, Nevada, Arizona, and Florida. _ Verily, thou shalt not fiddle with thine firearm whilst in the bathroom stall, lest thine spouse seek condolences from thine friends.

PM Me

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra469 View Post
    Just recently got my FL. Looking at Utah if I am going to be able to do the traveling I am planning for this summer.
    As much as I want to see WI have concealed carry, preferably via "Constitutional Carry with optional permit for reciprocity", that is unlikely to be in place by this summer. I am a former WI resident with friends and family in WI and am also an NRA Instructor and Utah BCI Certified Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor. To "give back" to my friends in Wisconsin Carry.org I am considering holding a Utah Concealed Firearm Permit Class in WI when I return to visit my friends and family. This will occur in mid-Spring or very early summer if possible. I do not intend to make a profit on this class, but would like to recover some part of my gas money and en-route hotel expenses. I will be staying in the Walworth County area and visiting family in Rock County (Janesville, WI).

Utah CFP training costs in WI range from $70 per person up to $120 per person. Here in Utah, where there are so many certified instructors, the going rate is $40 - $60 per person - $35 for groups of 10 or more. If can get enough students, I would like to stick to Utah prices and keep it toward the minimum - or below. (By way of example, if I got about 30 students, the cost would be $25 per person.)

I will be posting a formal notification when I know more about when I will be visiting WI, but I could use some volunteers to help me organize this event. I may need help getting a place to hold the class. The class takes a minimum of 4 hours and I typically do mine in 4.5 - 5 hours - longer if there are multiple newbies to firearms. To apply for a Utah Concealed Firearm Permit, a person must be 21 years of age, have a (mostly) clean record, and must meet Federal guidelines to purchase and own a firearm. There is no shooting qualification involved in applying for a Utah permit, but I can be available to instruct students on the fundamentals of shooting if my friends in WI can find a location and a suitable range.

Jim

Utah
    "Those who would gve up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

Utah.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast