Thread: GB sign

GB sign

So the way I understand it, if a sign reads "unless auturized(sp) by law" and I have a CCW, then am i leagally allowed to carry my weapons wether open or concealed?

Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    The sign that you are seeing is the sign that the AG approved for State buildings. NOT PRIVATE BUSINESS.

The AG handbook shows the approved sign for State buildings. And the handbook says:

"On this page is an example of a standard sign approved for use on state buildings. If you see this sign, it means that you cannot bring your concealed handgun inside. Businesses and persons wishing to post such signs are strongly advised to consult legal counsel for language, style, format and placement."

The law authorizes CHL holders to carry. When a PRIVATE BUSINESS put up the state sign on their business the "Unless otherwise authorized by law," allows you to carry concealed on their premises.

The AG gave these private business a warning!!! Don't use the state sign on your private business if you don't want guns on your property.

Quit trying to read something into the sign that is not there.

Maxim of law. What's included excludes all others.

Example: "The terms “includes” and “including” when used in a definition shall not be deemed to exclude other things otherwise within the meaning of the term defined."

If the term "apple" means red apples. Then it means all apples. But, not oranges. If the term "fruit" means apples and oranges. It also includes pears and every other fruit.

IMO
    Last edited by color of law; 01-04-2011 at 09:38 AM.

Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    If they have a sign posted why would you OC in that store???? They are going to ask you to leave or have you arrested. The cop doesn't understand the law.

OC is still on the fence I usually CC