Thread: Gun Laws for the "Common Good"

Gun Laws for the "Common Good"

The lawyer gets it right, but not really. Its a good read. Oh this has a general gun rights issue but it certainly has a Open Carry issue also. With the laws/rules/ordinances being repealed in IL and D.C. and a general gun friendlier era we are having, this is appropriate to post here.

http://www.delawareonline.com/articl...e++common+good+
    Last edited by NHCGRPR45; 01-04-2011 at 04:40 AM.
    But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security. Declaration of Independence July 4, 1776

Michigan Concealed Pistol Instructor. Cost 80.00 With advanced techniques included free. PM for more information!

Michael P. Kelly who wrote this juvenile rant, isn't much of a lawyer if this is his best plea.

This is my rebuttal.

Luk 11:45 Then answered one of the lawyers, and said unto him, Master, thus saying thou reproachest us also.
    Luk 11:46 And he said, Woe unto you also, ye lawyers! for ye lade men with burdens grievous to be borne, and ye yourselves touch not the burdens with one of your fingers.
    Luk 11:47 Woe unto you! for ye build the sepulchres of the prophets, and your fathers killed them.
    Luk 11:48 Truly ye bear witness that ye allow the deeds of your fathers: for they indeed killed them, and ye build their sepulchres.
    Luk 11:49 Therefore also said the wisdom of God, I will send them prophets and apostles, and some of them they shall slay and persecute:
    Luk 11:50 That the blood of all the prophets, which was shed from the foundation of the world, may be required of this generation;
    Luk 11:51 From the blood of Abel unto the blood of Zacharias, which perished between the altar and the temple: verily I say unto you, It shall be required of this generation.
    Luk 11:52 Woe unto you, lawyers! for ye have taken away the key of knowledge: ye entered not in yourselves, and them that were entering in ye hindered.

Quote Originally Posted by NHCGRPR45 View Post
    The lawyer gets it right, but not really. Its a good read. Oh this has a general gun rights issue but it certainly has a Open Carry issue also. With the laws/rules/ordinances being repealed in IL and D.C. and a general gun friendlier era we are having, this is appropriate to post here.

http://www.delawareonline.com/articl...e++common+good+
    Exo 22:2 "If anyone catches a thief breaking in and hits him so that he dies, he is not guilty of murder.
    Luke 22:36: "Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luk 11:21 "When a strong man, with all his weapons ready, guards his own house, all his belongings are safe.

He makes a big deal about handguns for home defense and a handgun being a powerful home defense tool. We all know, other than you can easily carry a handgun around the house, a shotgun is a better home defense tool.
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar
    Same old crap, misinformation and hyperbole.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Last edited by lapeer20m; 02-16-2011 at 09:09 PM.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? (who will watch the watchmen?)

I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of posts should be construed as legal advice.

"The common good" is a concept borne of the herd mentality. Those in the herd think that if the herd stays together everyone will be safe. But that doesn't take into account that there are wolves... and there will always be wolves that prey on the weak and sick members of the herd. But then, the herd mentality has already written off the sick and weak as no longer respected members of the herd and therefor are expendable.

The herd mentality believes that mere words ensure safety because everyone in the herd believes in those words. And so words are used to create "laws" that the herd considers etched in stone and inviolate. But the that doesn't take into account that there are wolves who don't give two farts in the wind about words and the only law the wolves believe in is the law of the strong preying on the weak.

In short "the common good" is a lie because the only thing that really is in the best interests of "the common good" is for each individual in the herd to step forth and fight the wolves head on because the problem is the wolves... not the false idea that there is a "common good".
    Gun control isn't about the gun at all.... for those who want gun control it is all about their own fragile egos, their own lack of self esteem, their own inner fears, and most importantly... their own desire to dominate others. And an openly carried gun is a slap in the face to all of those things.

Quote Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
    "The common good" is a concept borne of the herd mentality. Those in the herd think that if the herd stays together everyone will be safe. But that doesn't take into account that there are wolves... and there will always be wolves that prey on the weak and sick members of the herd. But then, the herd mentality has already written off the sick and weak as no longer respected members of the herd and therefor are expendable.

The herd mentality believes that mere words ensure safety because everyone in the herd believes in those words. And so words are used to create "laws" that the herd considers etched in stone and inviolate. But the that doesn't take into account that there are wolves who don't give two farts in the wind about words and the only law the wolves believe in is the law of the strong preying on the weak.

In short "the common good" is a lie because the only thing that really is in the best interests of "the common good" is for each individual in the herd to step forth and fight the wolves head on because the problem is the wolves... not the false idea that there is a "common good".
    Who gets to define "common good"? If it where up to me...
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

LOL. Its not actually funny, people actually believe this. You can show them 10,000 stats from legitimate organizations (FBI, BATFE, NRA, ext...), and they will repudiate with ONE from someplace no one has herd of. It doesn't matter, so people just put their fingers in their ears while yelling, I can't here you, I am right!
    "Bam, I like saying bam when I cite something, in fact I think I shall do this from here on out, as long as I remember.
    Bam!" - eastmeyers

"Then said he to them, But now he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his sack: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."
    Luke 22:36
    God Bless

Campaign Veteran Glock9mmOldStyle's Avatar

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by lapeer20m View Post
    While we each have our preferences, mine is for a pistol rather than a shotgun, even at home. I have a couple hd mossbergs and the problem for me is that they require two hands. It is difficult to open doors or make a 911 call if necessary while holding the shotgun.

As for the article, this is a liberal who does understand a point that many people including NRA members fail to understand. The second amendment has nothing to do with hunting.
    Not mine

Quote Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post

Quote Originally Posted by DrTodd View Post
    Who gets to define "common good"? If it where up to me...
    The herd defines the "common good" for the herd with words and ink and paper.... the wolves feed on the herd refusing to listen to the words while burping and wiping their butts with inky paper.

On a side note... I just quoted my own self... do I get a cookie?
    Gun control isn't about the gun at all.... for those who want gun control it is all about their own fragile egos, their own lack of self esteem, their own inner fears, and most importantly... their own desire to dominate others. And an openly carried gun is a slap in the face to all of those things.

Banned
    Its not only the sheepdogs place to keep the wolves at bay, but to occasionally nip the sheep to keep therm in line. This guy needs a chunk taken out of the @$$.

Last I checked, we don't advocate shooting at the cops. That's not what we are all about.

Exclamation

The founders stated what the common good is in the bill of rights.Any other interpretation is a lie!
    Today JESUS would tell me to sell my coat and buy two Springfield XD Compact 45acp's!

NRA LIFER,GOA,MOC Inc.,CLSD,MCRGO,UAW! MOLON LABE!!