Thread: States with Parking Lot Exemption/Release of Liability Laws

Unionville, Virginia, USA

States with Parking Lot Exemption/Release of Liability Laws

As much as we dislike anything associated with Bloomberg, one of his companies/former companies did a real nice recap of the States that provide Parking Lot Exemption/Release of Liability Laws, you can see the recap here:

And here are the links for each state, some of them are harder to use than others. I spent several hours this morning looking up each reference to get a web link;

Florida. Stat. 790.251

Kentucky. Rev. Stat. Ann. 237.106,

Louisiana. Rev. Stat. Ann. 32:292.1.

Minnesota Stat. 624.714.

Oklahoma. Stat. tit. 21, 1289.7a, 1289.27

Georgia. Code Ann. 16‐11‐123, 16‐11‐124, 16‐11‐127.1, 16‐11‐135.

Mississippi. Code Ann. 45‐9‐55, 45‐9‐101.

Alaska Stat. 18.65.800, 29.35.145.

Arizona. Rev. Stat. Ann. 12‐781.

Idaho Code Ann. 5‐341.

Kansas. Stat. Ann. 75‐7c11.

Michigan. Comp. Laws 28.425n.

Ohio Rev. Code Ann. 2923.126.

Utah Code Ann. 34‐45‐103, 34‐45‐107.

Hopefully we can use these states as examples to get he other states to pass similar laws.
    'Till the last landings made, and we stand unafraid, on a shore not mortal has seen,
    'Till the last bugle call, sounds taps for us all,
    It's Semper Fidelis, MARINE!

Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA
    Good work, Streetdoc! Thanks for the effort.
    The 1st protects the 2nd, and the 2nd protects the 1st. GET THIS OR LOSE IT ALLl: 27-2=0. Our 2A is THE bellwether, and ain't none finer: Islamic Reality. Our Founding Fathers on Church and State. PC=ZERO.

If all goes well Texas may be added to that list this year.
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

Politicians should serve two terms, one in office and one in prison.(borrowed from RioKid)

Founder's Club Member
    Lynchburg, Virginia, USA
    Be careful about using Ohio, it is not intended to be a protection for workers carrying in the parking lots at places of work. Ohio's language only removes the potential for criminal prosecution if one parks in a parking lot conspicuously marked to not permit the possession of firearms. The law does not establish any sort of worker protection and still allows for civil liability where it can be shown that the property owner was violated by the presence of the firearm. It is purely related to the removal of criminal violation of the law when one carries a firearm onto a parking lot marked "No Guns" or similar.