Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: South Paw "Asses to The Rafters" Gibson family benefit

South Paw "Asses to The Rafters" Gibson family benefit

"Asses to The Rafters" concert to benefit the Gibson family in their time of loss and need. Featuring Detroit's own South Paw. (more bands to be announced).

WE NEED TO PACK THIS PLACE....so bring a friend or two or three.
    (So much is in the works. Stay tuned for updates)

The Ritz
    24300 Hoover Road
    Warren, MI 48089
    (586) 756-6140
    Last edited by warlockmatized; 01-04-2011 at 11:31 AM.

Banned
    who the heck is south paw?

Quote Originally Posted by warlockmatized View Post
    WE NEED TO PACK THIS PLACE
    No problem with OC at this place?
    "The principle of self-defense, even involving weapons and bloodshed, has never been condemned, even by Gandhi . . ."--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr

“He who cannot protect himself or his nearest and dearest or their honor by non-violently facing death, may and ought to do so by violently dealing with the oppressor. He who can do neither of the two is a burden.”--M. K. Gandhi

"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." --M. K. Gandhi

"Asses to The Rafters" concert to benefit the Gibson family in their time of loss and need. Featuring Detroit's own South Paw. (more bands to be announced).

WE NEED TO PACK THIS PLACE....so bring a friend or two or three.
    (So much is in the works. Stay tuned for updates)

The Ritz
    24300 Hoover Road
    Warren, MI 48089
    (586) 756-6140
    When?
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer – I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

South Paw is the band in which Ron plays bass.
    The concert is 1/21/11 @ 8pm.
    The venue is a bar.....insert applicable OC laws here.
    And it's gonna take something major for me to miss being there!

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    No problem with OC at this place?

Uhhhh, bad news. I just talked to Carrie at the Ritz and they do not allow ANY firearms on the premises. She said everyone is checked at the door. So no OC or CC. How about a new venue?

I realize this event was posted on the OC forum, but in this case, one of our own needs our help. We can all leave the guns home for one night to go out & show our support for Ron & his family.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsRuger45 View Post
    I realize this event was posted on the OC forum, but in this case, one of our own needs our help. We can all leave the guns home for one night to go out & show our support for Ron & his family.
    No guns, no go. Same goes for when I die. If someone plans anything at some g*dd*mn anti-gun venue, I am making a pre-posthumous demand that you show up elsewhere at a pro-RKBA venue and celebrate. Trust me, that's where I'LL be, if I'm anywhere around in spirit.
    Last edited by DanM; 01-04-2011 at 11:11 PM.
    "The principle of self-defense, even involving weapons and bloodshed, has never been condemned, even by Gandhi . . ."--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr

“He who cannot protect himself or his nearest and dearest or their honor by non-violently facing death, may and ought to do so by violently dealing with the oppressor. He who can do neither of the two is a burden.”--M. K. Gandhi

"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." --M. K. Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by scot623 View Post
    Uhhhh, bad news. I just talked to Carrie at the Ritz and they do not allow ANY firearms on the premises. She said everyone is checked at the door. So no OC or CC. How about a new venue?
    Unless I have dire need to be somewhere else, and it is within reasonable driving distance, I will gladly go to a RKBA-respecting venue for Ron 'n Jen. Good idea.

I don't patronize anti-RKBA venues, period, unless exigent circumstances exist . . . like I need to be rescuscitated or massive blood transfusion. Sorry. Same goes for me when I die. DO NOT SHOW UP AT AN ANTI-RKBA VENUE for anything to do with me after I die. Trust me, I will love you for it.
    Last edited by DanM; 01-04-2011 at 11:12 PM.

Totally understandable Dan

Quote Originally Posted by MrsRuger45 View Post
    South Paw is the band in which Ron plays bass.
    The concert is 1/21/11 @ 8pm.
    The venue is a bar.....insert applicable OC laws here.
    And it's gonna take something major for me to miss being there!
    THANKS Mel. Not sure WHERE my head was when I posted this. Nice to know my back was covered

Sorry, would also like to go, but no guns, no business as well. Don't mean to be a party pooper, but the venue should have been researched more before asking gun owners to come.
    All opinions posted on opencarry.org are my own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of opencarry.org or Michigan Open Carry Inc.

Totally understandable Dan
    Ron, looking forward to seeing you again sometime! Truly sorry for your loss.

Quote Originally Posted by malignity View Post
    Sorry, would also like to go, but no guns, no business as well. Don't mean to be a party pooper, but the venue should have been researched more before asking gun owners to come.
    The party pooper is The Ritz. We can still show our respects for the family, while being respected ourselves, if Rob's idea to gather at a pro-RKBA venue is taken up.

I truly wish I could make the trip, but I can't now.

This is one of those occasions where I would be guilty of "giving up" my rights. Normally if the business says no, I say no; but given the reason for the gathering, I would go butt naked if need be to support Ron. This is an activity to help in taking his mind off the terrible loss of a loved one. My support for him is greater than my need to exercise my rights "everywhere" I go.
    My best to you Ron, I know you understand why I can't be there .
    I hope you have a wonderful time with lots of friends.

JMO

Trust me Jerry I understand where you are right now. Take care of your misses. That is #1. You can I can get together for a quiet lunch or something once things calme down for you.

This show was posted "here" as a way to simply reach out to more people. It was NEVER intended to be a pro gun OR anti gun gathering. South Paw was originally supposed to play a show at The Ritz on Jan 7th. Due to the circumstances we called to cancel that show. Once the owner got word of "why" we were cancelling The Ritz themselves contacted us back with the idea of donating the bar for the night and turning it into a benefit to help pay my wifes final expenses. Being moved by the offer we gladly accepted.

I never thought by posting "here" trying to reach as many people as I could that I would offend anyone, make people feel slighted or make them feel that they have to give up their rights....

This was all done behind the scenes. I had NO idea until I got the call asking if I could be mentally and emotionally ready to play by the 21st. My band mates are not anti's but they do not carry neither. The issue probably never crossed their minds.

If someone would like to have a gun friendly gathering please feel free to toss up any/all ideas and myself and my family will be there.

I know you didn't mean it as pro/anti gun Ron. Sorry for feeding that perception.
    This new keyboard seems to passionately over react when dealing with my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by warchild View Post
    i know you didn't mean it as pro/anti gun ron. Sorry for feeding that perception.
    This new keyboard seems to passionately over react when dealing with my friends.
    hahaha

Not to be offensive.....this is meant to be HUMOROUOS. This thread has reminded of another gathering.

In the early nineties I organized a Toys for Tots toy drive with my ham radio club. People refused to show up because it was held in the basement of the local Red Cross building and no alcohol was allowed on the premises.

Just goes to show you can't please all 100% of the time

Again. Please see the humor in it.

Quote Originally Posted by WARCHILD View Post
    This is one of those occasions where I would be guilty of "giving up" my rights. Normally if the business says no, I say no; but given the reason for the gathering, I would go butt naked if need be to support Ron.
    More so than the reason for the gathering at the Ritz, I believe what is probably more important to the decision to take on the higher risk of being disarmed in the Ritz's criminal empowerment zone depends on one's relationship type and depth with the Gibson family. Greater relationship types and depths correspond to greater willingness to take on the risk of being disarmed in a CEZ. Note, there is nothing wrong with this, it is just another form of benefit/risk decision-making. I have knowingly gone disarmed into criminal empowerment zones too, either out of necessity or because it was otherwise unavoidable.

I, as only an occasional acquaintance of Ron's through open carry events, have a very limited relationship type and depth which causes me to be much more averse to taking on the risk of being disarmed in a criminal empowerment zone. I do encourage those who want to attend to do so heartily, and I hope it's a good and safe time. Keep your SA up! At least the Ritz can't take THAT away from you.

Just goes to show you can't please all 100% of the time
    Great little story, and this is so true. I just wish, in this case, the bad guys (the gun-grabbing Ritz) were the ones not pleased, and the good guys (gun carriers) were. If someone's gotta be displeased, it seems just so much more heartwarming to displease anti-rights Nazis!

Banned
    [QUOTE=MrsRuger45;1435040]--Moderator edited--

I dont care if you change venues or not I will not attend since you asked us to not carry.

Thanks DanM: That defines the body of my point much more clearly than I obviously did.
    It's exactly how I feel.

Jerry

Thanks Dan M

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast