• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

South Paw "Asses to The Rafters" Gibson family benefit

warlockmatized

"Asses to The Rafters" concert to benefit the Gibson family in their time of loss and need. Featuring Detroit's own South Paw. (more bands to be announced).

WE NEED TO PACK THIS PLACE....so bring a friend or two or three.
(So much is in the works. Stay tuned for updates)

The Ritz
24300 Hoover Road
Warren, MI 48089
(586) 756-6140

Last edited:

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
"Asses to The Rafters" concert to benefit the Gibson family in their time of loss and need. Featuring Detroit's own South Paw. (more bands to be announced).

WE NEED TO PACK THIS PLACE....so bring a friend or two or three.
(So much is in the works. Stay tuned for updates)

The Ritz
24300 Hoover Road
Warren, MI 48089
(586) 756-6140

When?

MrsRuger45

South Paw is the band in which Ron plays bass.
The concert is 1/21/11 @ 8pm.
The venue is a bar.....insert applicable OC laws here.
And it's gonna take something major for me to miss being there! :)

MrsRuger45

I realize this event was posted on the OC forum, but in this case, one of our own needs our help. We can all leave the guns home for one night to go out & show our support for Ron & his family.

DanM

I realize this event was posted on the OC forum, but in this case, one of our own needs our help. We can all leave the guns home for one night to go out & show our support for Ron & his family.

No guns, no go. Same goes for when I die. If someone plans anything at some g*dd*mn anti-gun venue, I am making a pre-posthumous demand that you show up elsewhere at a pro-RKBA venue and celebrate. Trust me, that's where I'LL be, if I'm anywhere around in spirit.

Last edited:

DanM

Uhhhh, bad news. I just talked to Carrie at the Ritz and they do not allow ANY firearms on the premises. She said everyone is checked at the door. So no OC or CC. How about a new venue?

Unless I have dire need to be somewhere else, and it is within reasonable driving distance, I will gladly go to a RKBA-respecting venue for Ron 'n Jen. Good idea.

I don't patronize anti-RKBA venues, period, unless exigent circumstances exist . . . like I need to be rescuscitated or massive blood transfusion. Sorry. Same goes for me when I die. DO NOT SHOW UP AT AN ANTI-RKBA VENUE for anything to do with me after I die. Trust me, I will love you for it.

Last edited:

malignity

Sorry, would also like to go, but no guns, no business as well. Don't mean to be a party pooper, but the venue should have been researched more before asking gun owners to come. :(

DanM

Sorry, would also like to go, but no guns, no business as well. Don't mean to be a party pooper, but the venue should have been researched more before asking gun owners to come.

The party pooper is The Ritz. We can still show our respects for the family, while being respected ourselves, if Rob's idea to gather at a pro-RKBA venue is taken up.

WARCHILD

I truly wish I could make the trip, but I can't now.

This is one of those occasions where I would be guilty of "giving up" my rights. Normally if the business says no, I say no; but given the reason for the gathering, I would go butt naked if need be to support Ron. This is an activity to help in taking his mind off the terrible loss of a loved one. My support for him is greater than my need to exercise my rights "everywhere" I go.
My best to you Ron, I know you understand why I can't be there .
I hope you have a wonderful time with lots of friends.

JMO

warlockmatized

Trust me Jerry I understand where you are right now. Take care of your misses. That is #1. You can I can get together for a quiet lunch or something once things calme down for you.

warlockmatized

This show was posted "here" as a way to simply reach out to more people. It was NEVER intended to be a pro gun OR anti gun gathering. South Paw was originally supposed to play a show at The Ritz on Jan 7th. Due to the circumstances we called to cancel that show. Once the owner got word of "why" we were cancelling The Ritz themselves contacted us back with the idea of donating the bar for the night and turning it into a benefit to help pay my wifes final expenses. Being moved by the offer we gladly accepted.

I never thought by posting "here" trying to reach as many people as I could that I would offend anyone, make people feel slighted or make them feel that they have to give up their rights....

This was all done behind the scenes. I had NO idea until I got the call asking if I could be mentally and emotionally ready to play by the 21st. My band mates are not anti's but they do not carry neither. The issue probably never crossed their minds.

If someone would like to have a gun friendly gathering please feel free to toss up any/all ideas and myself and my family will be there.

WARCHILD

I know you didn't mean it as pro/anti gun Ron. Sorry for feeding that perception.
This new keyboard seems to passionately over react when dealing with my friends.:shocker::uhoh:

warlockmatized

Not to be offensive.....this is meant to be HUMOROUOS. This thread has reminded of another gathering.

In the early nineties I organized a Toys for Tots toy drive with my ham radio club. People refused to show up because it was held in the basement of the local Red Cross building and no alcohol was allowed on the premises.

Just goes to show you can't please all 100% of the time :)

Again. Please see the humor in it.