• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OT: Murder victim catches killer in photo...

phoneguy

Thats very sad. But is there gun laws in the Philippines to prevent this?

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
eerie to say the least, but how could he not have seen this?

15879556.jpg

I guess situational awareness is a necessity even when taking pictures ! It is a shame.

Stretch

I would imagine that it being dark, the victim may not have even seen the killer. The flash almost appears to illuminate him accidentally.

onlurker

I would imagine that it being dark, the victim may not have even seen the killer. The flash almost appears to illuminate him accidentally.

This pretty much sums it up. There have been plenty of times I've caught certain details on camera that I didn't notice before taking the picture because of the flash (or a longer exposure). I also believe human depth perception (or is it peripheral vision) is severely limited at night, making it even more likely to miss something like this if they're far enough in the background and you're busy focusing on something more lit up.