• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Fort Meyers, Florida

since9

Campaign Veteran
Good article, but there's a serious error in it:

"Now, 23 years later, the National Rifle Association wants to undo it."

No, it's the People of Florida who want to undo it. I'm not quite sure the NRA is on board with open carry.

"State Sen. Greg Evers, a Republican from Baker, has introduced a bill to allow Florida handgun owners to carry their guns openly. The proposal also changes existing law to allow licensed owners to carry concealed guns on college campuses and at private schools."

Really? They put both open carry and the other two measures into the same bill, knowing that if the latter two provisions aren't acceptible, then open carry would suffer the same fate?

That either wasn't very smart, or it was a stroke of genius. If Evers is secretly not willing for OC to be legalized, by combining it with CC on campus and at private schools, he's nearly secured its failure - a stroke of genius. If he really does want it to pass, then he's similarly tended it towards failure - not very smart.

I don't know how this will turn out, though. It might pass with the other provisions included, as well.