• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Constitutional Carry - Is it in the wings?

rickc1962

It wasn't in a mall, it was outside. I think they were next to a grocery store, but I am unsure about that detail.

It was a strip mall, a cabbie had just dropped him of and he went into Safeway to get money from the ATM, paid the cabbie, walked out and started shooting. most strip malls here do not ban firearms, and if more people there had firearms then just maybe, only two would have been shot, the first victim and then him,

KYGlockster

Activist Member
It is sad that someone wasnt carrying at this place, I agree a hundred percent. Alot of life could have been saved, and then it might have been guy with gun takes down criminal, or sumptn like that. Insted everyone is talking about gun control, and we need more of it. What dont people understand about making stricter gun control laws isnt going to stop people lilke this?? bad people do bad things and there is nothing a law will do to stop that. Why dont we pass a law against being a bad person, im sure that would just end all violence? wouldnt it???? thats why these people are criminals, because they break the law, obviously laws dont stop them!!

Mullannix930

My concern is how will that affect me when I travel. I live near the KY, WV and OH lines. They recognize the KY permit, but not CC. I wonder if KY will still have a license (of sorts) to keep the resiprocity with other states.

KYGlockster

Activist Member
My concern is how will that affect me when I travel. I live near the KY, WV and OH lines. They recognize the KY permit, but not CC. I wonder if KY will still have a license (of sorts) to keep the resiprocity with other states.

The way you have written this post confuses me. You say that these states recgonize a Ky license, but dont recgonize cc? If Ccarry without a license was ever passed in Ky, they would keep the licensing process so people can enjoy privilages that come with it, such as exempting us from nics checks and reciprocity. If a state recognizes our permit, then we are able to carry Concealed in that state as long as we follow their laws. If you have a license and do not renew it if Ccarry without a license passed, then you would of course lose reciprocity with other states. The only way you could carry in those states is if they allow open/concealed carry without a license and car carry without a license. So I would keep my license if this ever passed because the only reason I got it in the first place was for reciprocity.

Mullannix930

I mean constitutional carry. Sorry about that. Since I posted I sent a message to Rep. Harmon (worked with him in the bid for the Lt Gov) I hope to get his view on this.

I agree with you that they should keep the license for reciprocity and the purchase of firearms. But I also have a little other invested as a CCDW instructor. I do like the idea of basic (very basic here) firearm training as a requirement for license, along with the legal part. But I also am a strong supporter of constitutional carry.

I'll let you know what Rep Harmon tells me when I find out.

09jisaac

I mean constitutional carry. Sorry about that. Since I posted I sent a message to Rep. Harmon (worked with him in the bid for the Lt Gov) I hope to get his view on this.

I agree with you that they should keep the license for reciprocity and the purchase of firearms. But I also have a little other invested as a CCDW instructor. I do like the idea of basic (very basic here) firearm training as a requirement for license, along with the legal part. But I also am a strong supporter of constitutional carry.

I'll let you know what Rep Harmon tells me when I find out.

So who are you, or the government to tell me that I am untrained? I took a highly recommended firearms class in Boyd county and learned exactly nothing from the class itself. I was taught how to handle a gun from people with no formal training either. So my prior knowledge wouldn't count for a KY CCDW as the training. I don't think that a basic handgun class should be required to conceal a weapon.

KYGlockster

Activist Member
I agree with you that they should keep the license for reciprocity and the purchase of firearms. But I also have a little other invested as a CCDW instructor.

They ARE keeping the permitting process in the current form, this just makes that license optional to carry Concealed in Ky. As for having an investment in current legislation, I have read the second amendment to the United States Constitution several times, and I have never noticed any language that says we must receive training to exercise that right. We can carry openly with no license or training, without incident, so what is the difference in carrying concealed without training? Yes, the Ky Constitution says concealed weapons can be controlled, but the United States Constitution does not, and the second amendment applies to all states through the 14th amendment. Training to exercise a right is a violation of our constitutional rights, and surely you have made what little money you invested to become an instructor back? I thought about becoming an instructor, but not because I think it is necessary, because I think people should not have to pay the amount most instructors charge. They shouldn't have to pay anything, but as long as the state requires this training, people will charge as much as the state will let them, profiting off of someones willingness to exercise their rights. Do you think people should need training before exercising their right to free speech, or training on different religions before they exercise their right to freedom of religion? What about if they demanded training before we could vote? See where I am going here? I FULLY support constitutional carry, and hope it does pass in Ky, however I doubt it will be this session, hopefully it will next.

09jisaac

Do you think people should need training before exercising their right to free speech, or training on different religions before they exercise their right to freedom of religion? What about if they demanded training before we could vote? See where I am going here? I FULLY support constitutional carry, and hope it does pass in Ky, however I doubt it will be this session, hopefully it will next.

If you look throughout history you will find that religion is way more deadly than firearms. I wonder why that hasn't received as much government control as firearms? I think maybe it is because the government can use your religion to control you, but you can use your firearms to keep yourself free.