• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

My Grips could land me in prison?

AFPVet

Depends on the state. In a non gun friendly state, it could be a problem.

Last edited:

protias

Oh, I completely agree on both counts. It's just that in just a few days, it was applied twice - on "opposite fronts"

And I will continue to use it. I'm sure more and more people will eventually wake up to the lies they've been told by the left. Why will I do this? Because I know this forum is read by more than just members. It is read by the police, media, curious people, and enemies.

Last edited:

hardballer

This is the very reason I only own and carry Airsoft plastic guns with orange barrels that shoot plastic bee-bees. I realize that I might put an eye out with them but hey, life is full of risk...

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
I would most likely be nailed to the wall by the convicting DA

DA's prosecute, judges and juries convict. I'm skeptical that your choice of decoration would make a difference. Pretty flimsy case compared to the really important issues that would be examined at a trial.

But, if you guys are worried, I recommend putting some Hello Kitty decorations on your guns, or maybe the images of Gandhi and Mother Teresa.

Better yet, a picture of the county district attorney!

Elysium

DA's prosecute, judges and juries convict. I'm skeptical that your choice of decoration would make a difference. Pretty flimsy case compared to the really important issues that would be examined at a trial.

But, if you guys are worried, I recommend putting some Hello Kitty decorations on your guns, or maybe the images of Gandhi and Mother Teresa.

Better yet, a picture of the county district attorney!

I was thinking the same thing. Some Hippy flowers, peace signs, Democratic Party stickers etc.

Last edited:

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
I was thinking the same thing. Some Hippy flowers, peace signs, Democratic Party stickers etc.

Do you really want to carry a gun with THOSE things on them? Have to admit, it would confuse the hell out of people. Might strengthen your insanity defense also!

MKEgal

Shotgun said:

Much as I hate pink, I'd be willing to fire or even own one of those Kalashnikitty rifles.
I've even thought about finding a Hello Kalashnikitty T-shirt.

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
Seriously guys? Maybe we should all get pink guns with the "Hello Kitty" decals on them?
(I am sure someone will post a pic of the Hello Kitty AR-15 now)

Carried by 6? or Judged by 12?
I'll take my chances with a jury if I am ever forced to unholster my firearm in defense of myself or loved ones.
What do you think, am I in worse shape in the juries eyes with my stainless .357, or my O-D & BLK XDm?

phred

And we could sit around and sing songs like...

"Where Have All the Flowers Gone" (Pete Seeger ),
"Blowin' in the Wind",
and of course, "The Times They Are a Changin"_ "(Bob Dylan)

for surely these Times, they are a changin'!

Krusty

I don't really think that a court is going to condemn on a grip inlay. But if you really like the "Punisher" movies, just wear a "Punisher" T-shirt.

Last edited:

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
Although I tend to agree that perception may become important if the worst were to happen, I also believe a well prepared (by his/her lawyer) defendant put on the stand in defense of himself may turn it around on the prosecutor. For instance: I have all kinds of "modified" firearms; I'd call them custom though. If I was in fear for my life I'd grab whatever was closest to defend myself. If that happened to be a 300WSM AR-10 or a bone stock USPc then so be it. The prosecutor could try to make a big deal of it but would end up looking like a donkey and my "fear for my life" would be all the more relevant if I didn't bother to think about what perception my self defense choice had with a jury.

For your example of the punisher grips I believe that all a good lawyer would have to do is put up slides of all the gun modificatons (some bordering on the insane) that people have done. I've seen an AR-15 set up to flip burgers (as a joke) with spatula's attached to the 4 rail hand gaurd. One could argue that a modified firearm is a personal expression as is a bumper sticker or specific wheels and tires on a car.

I kind of like the idea of the "coexist" sticker or peace sign on the grips. I'd like to see them try to twist that one around.

Anyway, just my .02

Peacekeeper

A good defense lawyer would just counter the mean looking gun question with ...

lawyer: So mister defendant, why do you have such a mean looking gun?

defendant: I chose a mean looking gun with the hope that it would scare the criminal enough to just turn tail and run ... so that I would not have to use deadly force.

Sonora Rebel

I really liked the Punisher 'ghost' grips... but even here in gun fantastic Arizona... such stuff could present a problem to a not-so gun friendly prosecutor (if it ever came to that). For that reason, I only carry factory fmj ball ammo (which the pistol was designed for) to further avoid any unpleasantries that might require an explanation to the unwashed masses in the jury box. My 1911 is as plain Jane basic as they come... grips are WWI era diamond cut oak.

Attachments

• Springfield Armory 1911-A1 .45 acp.jpg
    Springfield Armory 1911-A1 .45 acp.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 216

Vandil

Wonder what sort of extra time I would get for my circuit board grips.

DA "This man was obviously using his gun to hack the national defense network!"