• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

My OC Success

fiskrb

My neighbors got a kick out of me OC'ing while I put up my outdoor Christmas decorations recently. Up and down the ladder all afternoon with my pistol on my hip. Absolutely no issues...however it is a mostly quiet street with the occassional SO unit cruising by.:banana:

Okay, so maybe this isn't a typical OC. I usually carry with a blackhawk level 2 retention paddle back holster that is covered by an untucked shirt or long jacket. My neighbor who is a freed felon hasn't said anything to me since, though... ;-)

MedicineMan

Did you know that according to the original intent of the law, once a convicted person completes "paying their debt to society" they are supposed to have ALL their original rights restored??

As recent as 100 years ago, a man could be released from prison and GIVEN a horse, A GUN, and $15.

Food for thought ???

Not in support of criminal activity. Just a firm believer that once you PAY for something you should no longer "owe".

Kloutier

In theory I would agree. However our penal system does not do much besides bread a more brutal criminal. Now I know this is not the case for all.

Lets stay on topic with the OC. Great on your OC success. Took my neighbors weeks to get used to the idea.

fiskrb

Here's further information for our collective reading enjoyment:
Mississippi law makes it unlawful to sell, give, or lend a firearm to a person whom the transferor knows to be a minor.... A person convicted of a felony under the laws of Mississippi, any other State, or the United States cannot possess any firearm...yada yada yada...
ref: http://www.statemaster.com/graph/gov_gun_law_pro_per-government-gun-laws-prohibited-persons (then scroll down to Mississippi)