• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

LCNB respounce to email

greatsimon

Dear Mr. -------, First, I am an avid hunter and growing up with a grandfather who was a sheriff in Ohio for many years I was exposed to guns and the proper use those guns at an early age. Second, I respect the right to carry a legal firearm. But as the President of LCNB I must also have the highest regard for the safety of our employees and customers while on bank premises. Our employees are trained to cooperate during a robbery and not provoke violence. Most bank robberies net very little cash for the robber and are over within a few minutes and few in our experience involve a gun. A shootout in the bank lobby is too dangerous for employees and customers. I respect your opinion and your ability to protect yourself but I feel our policy is still the best for all while on bank premises. If you would like to discuss this further I would be glad to do so. Sincerely, Steve P. FosterPresidentLCNB National Bank513-932-1414

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
A little more background.

I am guessing this response from LCNB is in regards to posted gun buster signs.

Without your letter it's hard to develop a proper response. But, it sounds that the president of the bank does not understand that persons that have CC licenses have training as it relates to engagement. And that the Gun Buster signs are an invitation to the bad guy.

It sounds like you have an opportunity at attempting to convince the bank to change their outlook. Lets not screw it up. I think when there is even a stalemate it's better to walk away with class.

Brian D.

That bank's president may be unswayable, but in any follow-up letter you might want to include something regarding the fact that people are sometimes robbed/attacked on their way into--more likely coming out of--the bank. That gun you left behind in the car is useless in such situations.

Of course you'd want to include what color of law mentioned.

greatsimon

emails I sent

here is the first emails I sent-
Hi, I have used your bank for a few years now but am seriously considering switching to another for the simple reason that your bank does not allow me the ability to protect myself, since you ban legally carrying of weapons or firearms into your banks. I do not shop anywhere that does this so why would i want to store my money at a place that does this also? I believe strongly in the second admendment and am dissapointed that you all do not share this with me and other customers. Unless this problem is reversed Iplan on moving to another bank very soon. I like the fact that your tellers greet me by name when I walk in but not the before mention banning of weapons for law abiding people, I do obey the signs but know that criminals will not and that if any where is going to be robbed it is the place where people are defenceless. Thank you for your time and thoughts on the matter.
here is the reply- Dear Mr. -------,
First, I am an avid hunter and growing up with a grandfather who was a sheriff in Ohio for many years I was exposed to guns and the proper use those guns at an early age. Second, I respect the right to carry a legal firearm.
But as the President of LCNB I must also have the highest regard for the safety of our employees and customers while on bank premises. Our employees are trained to cooperate during a robbery and not provoke violence. Most bank robberies net very little cash for the robber and are over within a few minutes and few in our experience involve a gun. A shootout in the bank lobby is too dangerous for employees and customers.
> I respect your opinion and your ability to protect yourself but I feel our policy is still the best for all while on bank premises.

> If you would like to discuss this further I would be glad to do so.
> Sincerely,

> Steve P. Foster
> President
> LCNB National Bank
> 513-932-1414
my second email-
Mr. Foster
Thankyou for the quick reply. Your employees may be trained to not provoke violence, but sometimes it doesn't matter if it is provoked or not. Also if few robberies involve guns, as you stated, but the fact is some do. You also said that they last only a few minutes and net little cash, but the cash is not my worry, my life is. A robbery may only take a few minutes but unfortunantly so does the time for a life to be taken. So in my opinion if a gun is left in a car, if is no more useful then the money I came to deposit only to find I left it on my dresser. Thank you for your time

and my latest email-
Dear Mr. Foster,
I understand that we all have differant opinions and that is what makes this country great. I am the one who emailed you a while back about your signs restricting carry(of firearms) in your banks and thought I would share a link with you and all it may concern. http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?85342-A-Bad-OC-encounter-today... and here is a copy/pasted part of the link I intend to show you.
"So far as an overall anti sentiment, I stopped by the bank last Tuesday and one of the girls in there said, "wish you'd have been at the Safeway Saturday, thanks for wearing that thing in here. We look forward to your weekly visits here." Her manager jokingly added "We're thinking of getting you a desk so that you can do whatever work you need whenever you want." They went on to tell me that one of the other branches was robbed a month earlier at about the exact same time as I was in their branch. They said that between my OC visits and all the cops that stop to do their paperwork in their parking lot they feel very safe. So I guess the answer is that most Arizonans know that guns save lives."
I respect your opinion and thank you for your time.
- Respectfully ------------