• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I've been loathe to ask....

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
I realize I'll need a Freshwater Fishing License to do this, but I've been loathe to ask...

How do I determine where I am allowed to go fishing? The Permit gets me 'what.' But I still don't have a 'where.'

I live in (argh) Alachua County. Plenty of Lakes. But it's either a Park of some sort, or Private Property. I have to presume it's all illegal until I see evidence to the contrary, and I can't find any.

I haven't wanted to ask for help on this because my intent is to do so unannounced. I want to see what will happen WITHOUT giving notice of my intent to not break any laws to the LEOs. Sure, things go well when you call 'em up and make pals with them and let them know, etc. But what about just a regular Joe minding his own business who isn't connected, etc? I'm not trying to provoke anything, I just don't think that I should have to garner quasi-permission by announcing my intentions to them in advance. I don't ask anyone to take a dump, either, so don't even go there, trolls.

This is a friggin' minefield. Maybe, not even worth doing.

Rich7553

According to FWC, the shoreline license is valid along any salt or brackish water shore or from a fixed pier on that shore. Not valid from boats or non-permanent structures. Not valid for fresh water.

StogieC

Campaign Veteran
I haven't wanted to ask for help on this because my intent is to do so unannounced. I want to see what will happen WITHOUT giving notice of my intent to not break any laws to the LEOs. Sure, things go well when you call 'em up and make pals with them and let them know, etc. But what about just a regular Joe minding his own business who isn't connected, etc? I'm not trying to provoke anything, I just don't think that I should have to garner quasi-permission by announcing my intentions to them in advance. I don't ask anyone to take a dump, either, so don't even go there, trolls.

This is a friggin' minefield. Maybe, not even worth doing.

I get it that you don't want to have to let the police know before you do something that is legal. And you are correct, you shouldn't have to. Shouldn't...

The fact is that we have bills in the legislature and thus far, the media has been pretty kind to us. If you go out there and someone sends out the swat team for a MWAG call we will get bad press and it will likely kill all of the progress we have made. Now is NOT the time to be poking the bear.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
I get it that you don't want to have to let the police know before you do something that is legal. And you are correct, you shouldn't have to. Shouldn't...

The fact is that we have bills in the legislature and thus far, the media has been pretty kind to us. If you go out there and someone sends out the swat team for a MWAG call we will get bad press and it will likely kill all of the progress we have made. Now is NOT the time to be poking the bear.

It isn't my intent to wake the sleeping dogs. The problem is that such demons exist to begin with.

My point is that we all know Florida is rabidly anti-gun. And we all know the LEOs here are hand-selected sociopaths.

OC in FL is an interesting combination at present. It is the only State in which the limited instances one can OC in, are explicitly mentioned by law. It isn't merely a lack of a law preventing it as in all other States. It is a permissive exception that flat-out says 'you can do this.'

Yet I must still fear the wrath of the lumbering behemoth?

I can find no way to do so anyhow. I'm not anywhere near saltwater. Any freshwater near me seems to be surrounded by a 'park' with carry prohibitions, or is private. I could be homeless for a month and be 'camping' by definition... Or I could go to the range... But that seems to be frowned upon as well. Not that I care about the uptight elitist attitude, but that it'll get me in jail regardless of what the law says. And that is my original concern; the law is irrelevant, the entire justice system here is designed around doing the bidding of the elite. Nothing else is even considered.

I tried to make the St Augustine meet, but my employer rescheduled me at the last minute.

Last edited:

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
According to FWC, the shoreline license is valid along any salt or brackish water shore or from a fixed pier on that shore. Not valid from boats or non-permanent structures. Not valid for fresh water.

I'm aware of this, I'd need the $17 freshwater permit.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
Currently my involvement is limited to:

1) Being attacked on this forum by elitists that only prove how schidty Florida is.

2) Empty holster.

3) Holster with banana in it (this one is fun).

4) Visible full magazines.

5) Talking to everyone I meet that mentions one of the above.