• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Armed father refuses to be a victim

zack991

For the record, nutnfancy is an idiot, and I've told him so in the comments to some of his ridiculous videos.

/off-topic

Agreed he has some ok points but some stuff he comes up with makes my head hurt. He is also very biased to begin with when doing any gun reviews.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
...because of course the goal of being on the forum is to try and make yourself look like a hardass.

Are you quite sure you're not a Brady troll?

I'm still trying to suss out what your angle is on this forum. I do know that I've seen you in belligerent confrontation in just about every thread you've been in. And I do know that I've seen you whine about having posts modified by admins, despite the fact that the first goes with the second like bacon and eggs.

eye95

When you are in a discussion with someone whose postulates are diametrically opposed to yours, neither of you will "win." May I recommend that your goal be to sway the thinking of those who read but do not reply. State your position rationally. Refute the opposing arguments logically, pointing out the logical flaws of the opposing opinion. Refrain from making your responses about your opponent. Talk about his ideas, words, and actions, not about him.

Take the high road. You won't change his mind, but you weren't going to, anyway it went. You will, however, influence others who were only reading.

Just a nickel's worth of free advice.

Last edited:

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
When you are in a discussion with someone whose postulates are diametrically opposed to yours, neither of you will "win." May I recommend that your goal be to sway the thinking of those who read but do not reply. State your position rationally. Refute the opposing arguments logically, pointing out the logical flaws of the opposing opinion.

eye95 makes a good point. This is why I continue to challenge his arguments, even though he has -- fortuitously -- placed me on his ignore list.

TOF

I do believe this thread has strayed a bit from the original subject. In case it has been forgotten it was along the lines of a man protecting his family with a gun.

I support that basic activity. How about you?