Thread: old anti rape video-very interesting and sad as well

old anti rape video-very interesting and sad as well

"the attacker may grab and use your weapon on you" old mantra- before the Brady Bunchers even came on the scene- in fact the video poster says it was a 1970's film made by the POLICE. It does contain a bunch of really good practical SA stuff though after you wade through the whistles and crap. I came across this and thought it should be shared. Oh and I was trying to imagine all these women really taking charge and then OCing LOL.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3DcLfCXt38&NR=1

I'd prefer the lady carrying a 38 instead of a rape whistle. At least pepper spray.... Was that even invented in the late 70's? Sorry guys i was born in 88
    HOOAH?

Quote Originally Posted by 25sierraman View Post
    I'd prefer the lady carrying a 38 instead of a rape whistle. At least pepper spray.... Was that even invented in the late 70's? Sorry guys i was born in 88
    88' . Man I feel old now .
    Wisconsin Carry Member
    My Castle Doctrine Law

Don't wish ill upon your enemy......plan it.

If a larger stronger person was bent on attacking my wife or my teenage daughter, I would much rather the attacker and my family member both be armed with a firearm than neither be armed with a firearm.

Quote Originally Posted by XD40coyote View Post
    "the attacker may grab and use your weapon on you" old mantra- before the Brady Bunchers even came on the scene- in fact the video poster says it was a 1970's film made by the POLICE. It does contain a bunch of really good practical SA stuff though after you wade through the whistles and crap. I came across this and thought it should be shared. Oh and I was trying to imagine all these women really taking charge and then OCing LOL.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3DcLfCXt38&NR=1
    About 33 years ago, my mother went through a "Lady Beware" course taught by the sheriff's office in the local parish in Louisiana. One of the requirements was to bring a firearm and several dozen rounds of ammunition.

Yes, they taught her and the rest a number of self-defense techniques, but in the end they stressed one thing: "There are always BG's out there who are bigger, stronger, faster, and more skilled in hand-to-hand combat than you, and there's only one thing that equalizes this inequality."

One guess as to what they spent the second half of the course doing at the firing range...
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

My dad used to tell about the news in the Kansas City area when a serial rapist was on the prowl in the mid-1950s. The police response? They held an open shooting clinic for women, and guns and ammo would be provided for any who didn't have their own.

Unstated, which didn't even need to be stated Way Back Then, was that no woman needed to worry about being charged with illegally carrying a handgun when there was a rapist on the prowl.

After the classes were well publicized, the serial rapist disappeared, departed for parts unknown. But, presumably, he sought more "friendly" accommodations, where police didn't encourage would-be victims to arm themselves.

"Just letting people see it, is kind of a protection. Because it shows your prepared"

Best quote from the video. Sums up OC pretty good.

My wife carries a rape whistle.

Make: Glock

Model:22C

The rapist surely don't want her to use it.
    The thing about common sense is....it ain't too common.
    Will Rogers

what is realy sad, is to this day, many womens magazines still want women to comply with there atacker and then pick up the peaces of there lives after. or even dummer yet, stick a finger down there throut and get sick all over them selves to foil the atack

It is far better for a woman to be found in an ally strangled by her pantyhose after being raped than for a woman to have to explain how the rapist got that fatal gunshot wound.

That is their reasoning, I'm sure.
    The thing about common sense is....it ain't too common.
    Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by khicks View Post
    what is realy sad, is to this day, many womens magazines still want women to comply with there atacker and then pick up the peaces of there lives after. or even dummer yet, stick a finger down there throut and get sick all over them selves to foil the atack
    And I guess they are supposed to hope and pray their attacker lets them live. It still surprises and disappoints me that there are so many women who do nothing to protect themselves. My "rape whistle" is a .45 and I keep it handy. I also use common sense and good situational awareness.
    Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world; it's the only thing that ever does.- Margaret Mead

Those who will not fight for justice today will fight for their lives in the future,

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by KBCraig View Post
    After the classes were well publicized, the serial rapist disappeared...
    Funny how that works. So simple, yet so difficult a concept for the antis to grasp...

Quote Originally Posted by rodbender View Post
    My wife carries a rape whistle.

Make: Glock

Model:22C
    I'm willing to bet her whistle's report is a good bit louder than a Fox 40, and probably many times more effective.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Quote Originally Posted by since9 View Post
    Funny how that works. So simple, yet so difficult a concept for the antis to grasp...

I'm willing to bet her whistle's report is a good bit louder than a Fox 40, and probably many times more effective.
    I can't get my wife to do that, but she is a 3rd degree brown belt in Karate. 1 belt test from having a Black Belt. And she used to compete in full contact tournaments and win.

She's tougher than your average gal. So is her daughter. She really got into the fighting.
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

Politicians should serve two terms, one in office and one in prison.(borrowed from RioKid)