• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

old anti rape video-very interesting and sad as well

XD40coyote

"the attacker may grab and use your weapon on you" old mantra- before the Brady Bunchers even came on the scene- in fact the video poster says it was a 1970's film made by the POLICE. It does contain a bunch of really good practical SA stuff though after you wade through the whistles and crap. I came across this and thought it should be shared. Oh and I was trying to imagine all these women really taking charge and then OCing LOL.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3DcLfCXt38&NR=1

XDFDE45

I'd prefer the lady carrying a 38 instead of a rape whistle. At least pepper spray.... Was that even invented in the late 70's? Sorry guys i was born in 88 :)
88'
icon_eek.gif
. Man I feel old now :lol:.

MK

If a larger stronger person was bent on attacking my wife or my teenage daughter, I would much rather the attacker and my family member both be armed with a firearm than neither be armed with a firearm.

since9

Campaign Veteran
"the attacker may grab and use your weapon on you" old mantra- before the Brady Bunchers even came on the scene- in fact the video poster says it was a 1970's film made by the POLICE. It does contain a bunch of really good practical SA stuff though after you wade through the whistles and crap. I came across this and thought it should be shared. Oh and I was trying to imagine all these women really taking charge and then OCing LOL.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3DcLfCXt38&NR=1

About 33 years ago, my mother went through a "Lady Beware" course taught by the sheriff's office in the local parish in Louisiana. One of the requirements was to bring a firearm and several dozen rounds of ammunition.

Yes, they taught her and the rest a number of self-defense techniques, but in the end they stressed one thing: "There are always BG's out there who are bigger, stronger, faster, and more skilled in hand-to-hand combat than you, and there's only one thing that equalizes this inequality."

One guess as to what they spent the second half of the course doing at the firing range...

KBCraig

My dad used to tell about the news in the Kansas City area when a serial rapist was on the prowl in the mid-1950s. The police response? They held an open shooting clinic for women, and guns and ammo would be provided for any who didn't have their own.

Unstated, which didn't even need to be stated Way Back Then, was that no woman needed to worry about being charged with illegally carrying a handgun when there was a rapist on the prowl.

After the classes were well publicized, the serial rapist disappeared, departed for parts unknown. But, presumably, he sought more "friendly" accommodations, where police didn't encourage would-be victims to arm themselves.

khicks

what is realy sad, is to this day, many womens magazines still want women to comply with there atacker and then pick up the peaces of there lives after. or even dummer yet, stick a finger down there throut and get sick all over them selves to foil the atack

rodbender

It is far better for a woman to be found in an ally strangled by her pantyhose after being raped than for a woman to have to explain how the rapist got that fatal gunshot wound.

That is their reasoning, I'm sure.

Ruby

what is realy sad, is to this day, many womens magazines still want women to comply with there atacker and then pick up the peaces of there lives after. or even dummer yet, stick a finger down there throut and get sick all over them selves to foil the atack

And I guess they are supposed to hope and pray their attacker lets them live. It still surprises and disappoints me that there are so many women who do nothing to protect themselves. My "rape whistle" is a .45 and I keep it handy. I also use common sense and good situational awareness.

since9

Campaign Veteran
After the classes were well publicized, the serial rapist disappeared...

Funny how that works. So simple, yet so difficult a concept for the antis to grasp...

My wife carries a rape whistle.

Make: Glock

Model:22C

I'm willing to bet her whistle's report is a good bit louder than a Fox 40, and probably many times more effective.

OldCurlyWolf

Funny how that works. So simple, yet so difficult a concept for the antis to grasp...

I'm willing to bet her whistle's report is a good bit louder than a Fox 40, and probably many times more effective.

I can't get my wife to do that, but she is a 3rd degree brown belt in Karate. 1 belt test from having a Black Belt. And she used to compete in full contact tournaments and win.

She's tougher than your average gal. So is her daughter. She really got into the fighting.