Thread: Panel Sinks Gun Ban at New Hampshire State House

Panel Sinks Gun Ban at New Hampshire State House

January 5, 2011

A legislative committee voted yesterday to repeal the ban on carrying guns in the State House.

The 10 Republicans on the Joint Legislative Facilities Committee voted to repeal the ban in the State House complex; the only dissenter was Senate Minority Leader Sylvia Larsen, a Concord Democrat.

The repeal "will restore Second Amendment rights to the people of New Hampshire in what we've come to recognize as the people's house," said House Majority Leader D.J. Bettencourt, a Salem Republican.

READ MORE
    Last edited by Maine CWP Training; 01-05-2011 at 06:25 AM.
    Paul J. Mattson
    NRA Certified Instructor / RSO
    Maine CWP Training
    101 Main St.
    Harrison, ME 04040

www.mainecwptraining.com

(207) 583-4723
    CELL 232-7063

Good For Them!

Looks like our brothers to the south are doing a great job for people's gun rights! I personally dont have much of a opinion on carrying in that sort of location. But there lies the biggest/hardest question to make. When will the next attack happen? Not knowing and not being able to prepare for the worst is terrible enough. But being told you can't protect your self in this 'public' location, is scary. Like one of the people said in that article, if a gunman came in here, and we are all unarmed, who will escape? Sure there most likely isn't much to worry about, but having some security never hurt!

Quote Originally Posted by WantsToCarry View Post
    Looks like our brothers to the south are doing a great job for people's gun rights! I personally dont have much of a opinion on carrying in that sort of location. But there lies the biggest/hardest question to make. When will the next attack happen? Not knowing and not being able to prepare for the worst is terrible enough. But being told you can't protect your self in this 'public' location, is scary. Like one of the people said in that article, if a gunman came in here, and we are all unarmed, who will escape? Sure there most likely isn't much to worry about, but having some security never hurt!
    never know when or where an attack will occur. I think the likelyhood of an attack at a state house by a crazy who is angry at the gov is a real possibility and therefore people should be able to protect themselves there. This ban in NH was shortlived. It was only enacted last year by a committee, and looks like the new committee killed it quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by boyscout399 View Post
    never know when or where an attack will occur. I think the likelyhood of an attack at a state house by a crazy who is angry at the gov is a real possibility and therefore people should be able to protect themselves there.
    Good point, well said.