• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Where's the lawsuit????

hammer6

So I have to go to the clerk of the court's office to get a form. I've been informed by "security" that they don't have lockers and I have to leave my gun in the car. So my right to carry is being infringed upon by the law that says I can't carry in a courthouse. Since they don't have lockers. If that's the case, they should be required to provide lockers for license holders, so I can protect myself while I walk to and from my car. Am I right? Or has this already been talked about?

StogieC

Campaign Veteran
So I have to go to the clerk of the court's office to get a form. I've been informed by "security" that they don't have lockers and I have to leave my gun in the car. So my right to carry is being infringed upon by the law that says I can't carry in a courthouse. Since they don't have lockers. If that's the case, they should be required to provide lockers for license holders, so I can protect myself while I walk to and from my car. Am I right? Or has this already been talked about?

Secure Storage at Public Facilities (court houses, legislature, etc...) has been a huge topic for Florida Carry and we will be pushing legislation for that very soon.

hammer6

Secure Storage at Public Facilities (court houses, legislature, etc...) has been a huge topic for Florida Carry and we will be pushing legislation for that very soon.

well thank you very much! i knew there was an answer! i was frustrated today when the guy i talked to acted like i was asking a ridiculous question..

Rich7553

well thank you very much! i knew there was an answer! i was frustrated today when the guy i talked to acted like i was asking a ridiculous question..

This issue was influence by the state of Washington, where such a statute exists.