• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Red alert: Obama creating national gun registry!

wrightme

From my previous posting:
You can see the documents used to "justify" this so called "emergency" here:
http://www.gunleaders.com/blog/2011/...justification/

These are what ATF submitted to OMB pursuant to 5CFR part 1320.13.
The other link contained the required cite to authority - specifically USC - on why the regulation should be opposed.

http://edocket.access.gpo.gov/2010/pdf/2010-31761.pdf
(Federal Register announcement).

They are not limiting to 4 or any other number of states here.

The video and links I provided are the entity that is going to enforce it, and they state "four border states," and name those states.

the "edocket" link appears to be a summary. How many FFL dealers are there in the country? The edocket link mentions only <8,500.

From the federal register pdf (edocket)
An estimate of the total number of
respondents and the amount of time
estimated for an average respondent to
respond: There will be an estimated
9,000 respondents
, who will complete
the form within approximately 30
minutes.

http://www.atf.gov/about/foia/ffl-list.html
As of October:

Arizona, 1565
California, 2343
New Mexico, 672
Texas, 5244
That adds up to 9,824. Are you going to claim that the pdf that announces the new emergency regulation and comment period covers all 50 states, when less than 10,000 dealers are required to respond?

I cannot access your "gunleader" links right now. Is that a regulatory or government agency with authority over this requirement?

Last edited:

wrightme

Who submitted the data to OMB?
Who originated the request in the first place?

The same agency represented in that video, so when are they lying, in the federal register, or in the video?
Where is this alleged "lie?"

How many FFL licensees are in all states? The four border states account for just under 10,000, which matches the impact statement number in the federal register.

nonameisgood

Yes, fight it for real reasons. Do not get your panties in a wad over misunderstandings and half-truths intended to raise money for a lobbying organization. Thanks, wrightme, for your allegiance to the facts.

The organization trying to raise funds in the OP's letter, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms, spent a total of about $600,000 in lobbying efforts in the first three quarters of 2010 (opensecrets.org & confirmed on the US House and Senate lobbying databases). Their minimum revenue, based on membership of 550,000 (nraila.org) at $15 per member per year (ccrkba.org), would have been $8.25 million. CCRKBA total lobbying expenditure in 2010 was less than 10% of revenue - so draw your own conclusions.

This is only intended to present facts which might not otherwise be apparent.

edit:
In the OP, the membership is stated at 650,000, so the revenue would be closer to $9.75 million/year.

Last edited:

eye95

Yes, fight it for real reasons. Do not get your panties in a wad over misunderstandings and half-truths intended to raise money for a lobbying organization...

This.

Propaganda, even well-intentioned propaganda, makes us look like tin-foilers. Tell it straight, and refute it straight.

Beretta92FSLady

Mexican President Felipe Calderon

The above is the real problem. He needs to quit blaming Americans and take responsibility for his POS country that has violence spilling over to our side. If we were having mass murders and mass graves being found every week, and it was spilling over their side, then yes, we need to do something about it. But that is not our issue over here. If anything, and the US feels inclined to help Mexico, we should tell their "president" that we will identify the targets (drug lords), drop some 500 pound bombs where they need to go, and be done with it. Then, legalize marijuana in the US, privatize it, do whatever, but get the drug trade out of the hands of the Mexican mobs.

Personally (this might get pulled), I think that we should have snipers along the border, and any "coyotes" attempting to drive through, dead! Any "coyote" caught transporting illegals, dead! Any drug cartel coming over, dead! With regard to illegals, turn their a$$ around, give them enough water to get back home, and at gunpoint, make them walk. We have enough problems here as it is.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
SNIP He needs to quit blaming Americans and take responsibility for his POS country that has violence spilling over to our side.

What? A politician take responsibility? Too busy molding public opinion to accomplish their own ends.

Just ask, "Cui bono?" (To whose benefit?)

I wouldn't be surprised to find out ten years from now that a shadowy US government organization with little oversight and a blind budget was paying him to make these accusations in order to justify greater gun control in this country, and justify bigger law enfarcement budgets in this country.

The War on Some Drugs is very profitable and beneficial to government and its suppliers.

Passive101

I wish I would have known this before I went and purchased a 10/22 and a Mossberg 500 on the same day :|

Beretta92FSLady

I wouldn't be surprised to find out ten years from now that a shadowy US government organization with little oversight and a blind budget was paying him to make these accusations in order to justify greater gun control in this country, and justify bigger law enfarcement budgets in this country.

If there is a conspiracy like the one you posted above playing out; I would be shocked. Politicians that are anti-gun don't need some insignificant talking head president of Mexico to push their agenda.

Mexico's president can kiss my American butt, and the butts of 250+ million Americans.

Last edited: