• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Thoughts on Real Life Superheroes

Aaron1124

What are your thoughts on the Real Life Superheroes that actually dress up in Superhero costumes and patrol the streets, literally fighting crime?

The ones I am aware of always act within the boundaries of the law, and act in a similar fashion as a traditional superhero. One of the Superheroes up here in Seattle, who goes by "Phoenix Jones", is often having lunch with command staff of the Seattle PD.. IN COSTUME.

I think it's pretty cool, to be honest. He even had his costume woven with kevlar from his knees to his chest.

Beretta92FSLady

All the other superheros are peeved!? Why:lol:

These things are interesting, but I can't help but find it slightly disturbing that he is dressed that way.

If only I hadn't moved out of my mothers basement...I could have become so much more:banghead:

zack991

What is funny is police are ok with nut jobs like this running around, but they target open carriers. So if I open carry and dress like the punish-er they would leave me alone because I am out fighting crime dressed like a complete nut job.

Last edited:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Sadly, or possibly thankfully, it's illegal to walk around in public in Virginia with a mask on (limited exceptions like for halloween) so superheroes here cannot conceal their real-life identities. http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?000+cod+18.2-422

Did anyone else notice that when he pulled that stun stick out he had to reverse it in order to get to te grip? I guess, then, that he's pulling it out by the business end. Not sure that makes him either super or a hero, but it does suggest he's something else.

With the dangers inherent in effecting a citizen's arrest (think kidnap, false imprisonment, assault and/or assault and battery, etc.) I'm amazed that a) he even contemplates it and b) has not been hauled up in a lawsuit yet. Sometimes being a good witness - especially in property crimes - is the most elegant solution.

stay safe.

shotcop

All the other superheros are peeved!? Why:lol:

These things are interesting, but I can't help but find it slightly disturbing that he is dressed that way.

If only I hadn't moved out of my mothers basement...I could have become so much more:banghead:

VERY funny m'Lady! I do however consider myself somewhat of a superhero..oh, I may not have TSAs x-ray vision and can't grope two people at once without changing gloves between, but I do what I can. I'll post my uniform oic shortly if I can figure out how (apparently lack quick thinking as well)

eye95

Sadly, or possibly thankfully, it's illegal to walk around in public in Virginia with a mask on (limited exceptions like for halloween) so superheroes here cannot conceal their real-life identities. http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?000+cod+18.2-422...

Actually, it's pretty easy. Just wear glasses when you are in your mild-mannered alter ego. Take them off when in super-hero mode. No one will recognize you.

--Clark.

Aaron1124

What is funny is police are ok with nut jobs like this running around, but they target open carriers. So if I open carry and dress like the punish-er they would leave me alone because I am out fighting crime dressed like a complete nut job.

Nut jobs?! This guy is awesome. People can make fun of them as much as they want, but it takes a lot of balls to put on that suit and fight crime. The world would be a lot better place if more people had the guts to stand up for what's right.

zack991

Nut jobs?! This guy is awesome. People can make fun of them as much as they want, but it takes a lot of balls to put on that suit and fight crime. The world would be a lot better place if more people had the guts to stand up for what's right.

If you want to fight crime then become a police officer, that or simply be a carrying member of society who goes about their daily business and simple watch out for criminals. Not a single jury member would take this nut job serious if he went to court to testify.That and the judge could charge him with contempt of court if he came into the court room all dressed up. There is nothing sane about a grown man thinking he is some super hero running around in nothing more than a Halloween outfit. The sad thing is this man is allowed to get away with this nonsense while some police departments target open carriers as nut jobs.

Last edited:

SFCRetired

"Nuttier than a fruitcake."
"Elevator doesn't go to the top floor."
"Two sandwiches shy of a picnic."
(Almost purely Southern) "Well, bless his heart."

Personal opinion: He is either going to get badly hurt (or killed) or cause someone else to get hurt.

Beerme

Banned
this man is a ******* nut, end of story, poor bastard thinks hes living in a comic book, even goes and changes at a comic book store.
to start and figure out who he is, go to every moms house who has a sad pathetic middle aged comic book fan living in the basement
look in the closet
end of story

Aaron1124

So, let me get this right. You guys are targeting him as a "nut job" even though he is acting within every bit of his rights, and within the boundaries of the law, but I suppose you get offended when people call you the nut jobs? It's justified to him, and he's not doing anything wrong. He's doing something right, and actually has the courage to do so.

zack991

So, let me get this right. You guys are targeting him as a "nut job" even though he is acting within every bit of his rights, and within the boundaries of the law, but I suppose you get offended when people call you the nut jobs? It's justified to him, and he's not doing anything wrong. He's doing something right, and actually has the courage to do so.

Big difference between him and us open carry people is, he thinks he is a living breathing comic book. He goes out looking for trouble to begin with and he is damn lucky he has not gotten anyone killed. We certainly don't go out carrying looking for trouble, we are vigilant to our surrounding. We don't go dressing up as Clint east wood trying to catch robbers and ask them "do you feel lucky punk."

Last edited:

reillo584

C'mon Man!!!

I can respect and applaud the courage and effort on “to do something against crime”, but definitely the whole thing went down the drain as soon as he put that costume on. That guy is just living a fantasy…A dangerous fantasy… By the way, hope he doesn’t get kill (or get somebody else kill) on his “heroic quest.”:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Sonora Rebel

Seattle? The Washington State Constitution on bearing arms is the parent of Arizonas word for word. OK... so why does this three fries short of a Happy Meal costumed crime fighter not carry? Bizzare comes to mind... Altho seemingly well intentioned, he goes looking for confrontations that he's ill-equipped to handle. I dunno... you'd think it'd be easier (and more effective) just to become a cop.

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
Seattle? The Washington State Constitution on bearing arms is the parent of Arizonas word for word. OK... so why does this three fries short of a Happy Meal costumed crime fighter not carry? Bizzare comes to mind... Altho seemingly well intentioned, he goes looking for confrontations that he's ill-equipped to handle. I dunno... you'd think it'd be easier (and more effective) just to become a cop.

On the other hand, if you are a criminal and see him coming to stop you instead of a cop do you pause to laugh just long enough that he gets the drop on you?