• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

HJ 558: subcommittee to study Fed's NON-compliance of U.S. Constitution and BOR

Repeater

Hey,

Virginia gun owners should get in on this:

HJ 558 U.S. Constitution and Bill of Rights; subcommittee to study compliance of federal government, etc.

Study; federal government compliance with the Constitution and the Bill of Rights; report. Establishes a joint subcommittee to study the state of compliance by the federal government with the terms of the United States Constitution and the Bill of Rights in its treatment of the citizens of the Commonwealth and recommend remedies for (i) any unauthorized acts of the federal government, (ii) actions that amount to noncompliance by the federal government with the terms of the United States Constitution, and (iii) acts of Congress that are outside of the enumerated powers specified in Article I, Section 8 of the United States Constitution and the Bill of Rights as they relate to the treatment of citizens of the Commonwealth of Virginia.

You want unconstitutional? Well let's see, there's ...

NFA
GCA
ATF
DEA
EPA

Man, this list could go on for hours.

Virginiaplanter

In this resolution there is not a single mention of any Virginian or Virginia document as its source of argument, or theory of government, yet it complains that Virginians are being mistreated by the U.S. Government. How Ironic and pathetic that a Representative of Virginia cannot source one Virginian!!!

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Has anybody seriously read and considered the bill? Has anyone noticed either the budget proposed, the number of meetings allowed, or the deliverables to be produced and how much time is allowed to do so?

This is feel-good legislation done on the cheap. The budget barely allows for lunch, travel & lodging, and incidentals for the committee, let alone anything to pay for the paltry support staff services they are allocating.

And if the Federal government were riding roughshod over the Commonwealth would it not be more appropriate for the GA to either draw up a Bill of Particulars or assign that to the AG? IIRC the first option has been done twice previously with generally good results. (Now, now, Wylde007, I'm just speaking of the drawing up of complaints, not the outcome of having done so.) Also, IIRC, the AG is in the midst of addressing what apparently is the most egregious current affront against the citizens of the Commonwealth.

stay safe.