• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Progressives say we "worship the Constitution"

sFe

Such an insulting lack of respect is not worth reading nor replying. You may join the disrespectful person to whom you replied in Ignoreland. There is nothing wrong with presenting your POV. It doesn't matter that it is diametrically opposed to mine. It is the mocking tone that is uncivil and despicable.

You won't find me mocking your beliefs. I expect the civility of not mocking mine to be reciprocated. Have a nice life.

And yet you replied.. Do you really think anyone cares that you've added them to your ignore list?

Moving on..

Beretta92FSLady

You have to remember that this is coming from people who believe there are no "sacred texts." They worship themselves and each other, they can't concieve of any human endevor, or divine being that they didn't create. Should the Constitution be read with respect and reverance, absolutely. But these people (lefties) only believe in their freedom, not yours.

Wow, that is a huge assumption on your part--that Democrats do not believe in God. Do you have any evidence to back up your claim?

The Constitution is not a sacred text. "Sacred" has a religious connotation to it. I would say that the Constitution is priceless, and should be followed (whatever that means).

What makes something "divine?" What is "freedom?" If it is easier for you, just answer one of them.

Beretta92FSLady

Let's not forget that the 2A is an implied threat of violence against politicians and the government.

It is not really an implied threat. It is more "if something is awry, there is a Constitutional protection to set things straight." "Implied threat" is strong wordage that gives me the sense that the person who is protected under the Constitution is making the threat; they are merely responding to the Constitution being under a perceived or actual threat.