Thread: Kentucky Open Carry

Kentucky Open Carry

I have read through the Kentucky gun laws (KRS 237) but I can't seem to find the statute that mentions open carry. Am I just missing something?? I currently have CC permit but was interested in the open carry laws.

Banned
    Neither does the Alabama code mention OC. Laws tend only to mention that which is illegal. Therefore if no law prohibits an act, that act is legal. Such is the case in Alabama. I suspect in Kentucky too.

I was hoping there was some legal statute that I could have in my pocket to present someone if I was questioned.

Thanks for the quick response,

Joe

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jvelie View Post
    I was hoping there was some legal statute that I could have in my pocket to present someone if I was questioned.

Thanks for the quick response,

Joe
    I would look for court rulings. No doubt some LEA unlawfully tried to enforce a nonexistant law against OC and got slapped down by a judge. Check in the Kentucky forum. It can be found on the main forum index. The States are listed alphabetically at the bottom of the index.

Here in Alabama, we have a list of court cases and AG opinions that we can share with nonbelievers.

Welcome to OC and to OCDO.

Thanks for the welcome to Open Carry. I just found I have a whole area just for Kentucky OC. This looks like a great forum so far!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jvelie View Post
    Thanks for the welcome to Open Carry. I just found I have a whole area just for Kentucky OC. This looks like a great forum so far!!
    Make sure you thank John and Mike. They made all of this possible.

Perfect. Thanks again for the information.