• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Kentucky Open Carry

jvelie

I have read through the Kentucky gun laws (KRS 237) but I can't seem to find the statute that mentions open carry. Am I just missing something?? I currently have CC permit but was interested in the open carry laws.

eye95

Neither does the Alabama code mention OC. Laws tend only to mention that which is illegal. Therefore if no law prohibits an act, that act is legal. Such is the case in Alabama. I suspect in Kentucky too.

jvelie

I was hoping there was some legal statute that I could have in my pocket to present someone if I was questioned.

Thanks for the quick response,

Joe

eye95

I was hoping there was some legal statute that I could have in my pocket to present someone if I was questioned.

Thanks for the quick response,

Joe

I would look for court rulings. No doubt some LEA unlawfully tried to enforce a nonexistant law against OC and got slapped down by a judge. Check in the Kentucky forum. It can be found on the main forum index. The States are listed alphabetically at the bottom of the index.

Here in Alabama, we have a list of court cases and AG opinions that we can share with nonbelievers.

Welcome to OC and to OCDO.

jvelie

Thanks for the welcome to Open Carry. I just found I have a whole area just for Kentucky OC. This looks like a great forum so far!!