• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Surry Beware the Ides of March - 3/15/2011 version

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
[video=vimeo;18483883]http://vimeo.com/18483883[/video]

I memorized that speech when I was 10. Still, no one I know understands why it makes hairs stand up...

Show no mercy Skid. Though, the way the Judge handled the repeated failures of the prosecution was very underwhelming.

Had You or I failed to follow through on 'duces tecum,' I'm pretty sure we'd be in the clink.

Especially after mentioning that said materials don't exist anymore.

At the hands of the very person who stands to augment 'justice' from the loss of those materials....

Please, the Feds. I wanna see Surry burn. It'll give me hope that Citrus Co, FL may someday reap the same well-deserved come-uppance.

Last edited:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I'm heading back there again tomorrow. There aren't any Committee meetings I want to go to and it's too wet to do farm work. (Sure would like to go hunting though:cry:)

I need to check the court filings and I have some specific scenes to video also.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Just to keep everyone up with what I can't talk about just yet:lol:...and to keep the thread alive, as I mentioned in my last post, I went to Surry to check on new filings. Actually, I've been back 4 times since then.

The last trip was to take my laptop and make a copy of an audio CD that the Clerk didn't have the equipment to copy.

I'm going back again on Thursday to try to get to the bottom of why some subpoenaed information appears to be missing. It was filed but is either labeled incorrectly or just not included or I'm just misinterpreting what's there.

There is also some information required that had not been filed as of my last trip. I'll go by the clerks office and see if it's in the package yet.

This time I'm going to the Sheriff to get the explanation and if I don't, it's time for another FOIA with an almost guaranteed trip to the Circuit Court when they don't respond.

user

Accomplished Advocate
Status check

The hearing scheduled for March 15 was originally set for 9:00 a.m.; it's been changed to 11:30 on the same day.

Judge Palmer has retired, the new judge is Judge J.R. Zepkin, who will be sitting in for the time being (many counties are waiting on the General Assembly to provide funds necessary to fill vacancies in the judiciary).

I'm planning on having some motions heard on Feb. 15 (next Tues.) at 10:00 a.m.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
The hearing scheduled for March 15 was originally set for 9:00 a.m.; it's been changed to 11:30 on the same day.

Judge Palmer has retired, the new judge is Judge J.R. Zepkin, who will be sitting in for the time being (many counties are waiting on the General Assembly to provide funds necessary to fill vacancies in the judiciary).

I'm planning on having some motions heard on Feb. 15 (next Tues.) at 10:00 a.m.

You were on the call list for this morning Dan.
I'll call a little later today.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
We were a little late getting to Surry yesterday and since I was with User, it probably wasn't the best time to stir up trouble...so I didn't get what I was after. Another trip is planned. I may just do it of 2/15 when more motions will be heard.

I did get a few more tidbits for Broll though.

This quote will keep you guessing about exactly what I encountered:

a reporter asked him about his gun grips being Mother of Pearl at a press conference once. Patton was quick to correct the reporter about the grips on his revolver being made of Elephant Ivory, not Mother of Pearl. Patton went on to make the statement that "only a New Orleans Pimp would carry a gun with Mother of Pearl grips".

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
This quote will keep you guessing about exactly what I encountered:
a reporter asked him about his gun grips being Mother of Pearl at a press conference once. Patton was quick to correct the reporter about the grips on his revolver being made of Elephant Ivory, not Mother of Pearl. Patton went on to make the statement that "only a New Orleans Pimp would carry a gun with Mother of Pearl grips".

Wonder if his employer allows him to either carry his own personal handgun or modify the one he was issued? Have we got another gotcha there?

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
I really wonder if Justice has a chance here. It seems to be more organized than the Kangaroo Courts in the places I've observed. They literally get away with murder every day.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Motions to be heard tomorrow morning before the new judge in Surry.

Skid's attendance is not required, but he will have representation there.

Hopefully we shall have something to report by early evening.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Motions to be heard tomorrow morning before the new judge in Surry.

Skid's attendance is not required, but he will have representation there.

Hopefully we shall have something to report by early evening.

I have a feeling tomorrow will be very interesting!!!!!

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Man, wish I could be there, if only to see the "duh, hurr durr, ibbidy-ibbidy-ibbidy" responses from the prosecutor.

Since I can't video in the courtroom, I'll take notes.:lol:
That may not be the big drama of the day anyway...who knows:uhoh:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Planning to Attend 6/21 Surry Event?

If you are planning to attend the Surry court date for Skidmark, send me a short simple PM so that we may keep track of the numbers etc.

I have recorded/counted those of you that have already so indicated.​