• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

No loaded firearms on Snowmobiles, not even with CPL, since 2003

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
Thanks for the accolades but nothing special that anyone else could done have done a little bit of reading, research and writing which most will do but then to submit and make contact is all it takes.

Hopefully this will be passed and enacted sometime in June 2011.

Last edited:

Gary Slider

Gentlemen, Thanks for the heads up on the bill that will be introduced to remove this from the laws. Washington is not the only state that has such a law. When those laws are outside the firearm laws they are more difficult to find. But I do have to ask for a favor. If this law gets changed would someone please email handgunlaw.us and let us know. These are the type of law changes that we don't hear about. The changes in carrying etc usually get some press but a change like this will not generate much news.

If you see anything you believe needs added or subtracted to the Washington Page at Handgunlaw.us do email me at admins@handgunlaw.us Not saying I will add or subtract it but people who live in a state know the laws better than those who live outside it. Please don't PM me as they easy for me to miss.

FMCDH

Gentlemen, Thanks for the heads up on the bill that will be introduced to remove this from the laws. Washington is not the only state that has such a law. When those laws are outside the firearm laws they are more difficult to find. But I do have to ask for a favor. If this law gets changed would someone please email handgunlaw.us and let us know. These are the type of law changes that we don't hear about. The changes in carrying etc usually get some press but a change like this will not generate much news.

If you see anything you believe needs added or subtracted to the Washington Page at Handgunlaw.us do email me at admins@handgunlaw.us Not saying I will add or subtract it but people who live in a state know the laws better than those who live outside it. Please don't PM me as they easy for me to miss.

Not a problem Gary, I'll keep you updated and try to give feed back from time to time. So far you guys are doing a great job, and you have been my go to page whenever I am looking for carry information for years.

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
I came across this when dealing with Yakima County Firearms Restrictions and found it on their County Ordinances and looked a little farther and low and behold there is was so to clean up what I find not in compliance with State Preemption on Firearms lead us to this point.

By the way I don't even snowmobile but a right is a right and you are most welcome.

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
Update

I talked with Rep Charles Ross today on House Bill 1400 and well it looks like it is not going to go anywhere do to the anti group in Olympia and until we can gain a majority any expanding of gun rights will according to Ross will not get a hearing do to liberal politics and that we do not have the numbers to push a gun bill through but we do have enough to keep things status quo.

We need to continue to work on getting more pro gun representatives in Olympia or have some one cited for carrying on a snowmobile and walk the path to get it over turned.

I do not know of anyone cited for this or how to find if someone who has.

hermannr

I don't own a snowmobile, though my kids think I should, but, because this is referencing RCW 77 (F&W) I would think that of SD pistol would make this in conflict with RCW 9.41.060(8). RCW 9.41.060(8) here specifically exempts the SD pistol carrier (OC or CC) from wildlife regulations.

Specifically the "Traveling" section. (8) does not say how you are "traveling", only that you are.

Unfortunately, until the wording of the law is changed, it will be for the court to deside as it makes sense for an anti-wildlife harrasment law, but not for SD.

prioronetime

Thanks for the update. I've been following this too...as an avid sledder who always carries. Chance of this going through the court system from a charging is probably fairly slim as most LEO's either don't know about it or understand that it's an opps. I speak only for those I know....just happens to be many, including rangers who work the sno parks and know I carry, and other LEO's whom I sled with.

It does need to be corrected. In time.

Thanks for the efforts.