Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: So, You're A Bad Cop Or Town in Wisconsin? YOU'RE GONNA PAY! FEEL THE PAIN!!

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    211

    So, You're A Bad Cop Or Town in Wisconsin? YOU'RE GONNA PAY! FEEL THE PAIN!!

    GET READY TO PAY UP AND KEEP ON PAYING! That's the word from Wisconsin Carry.

    Bad actors, including police, towns and cities have nowhere to hide in Wisconsin. If you harass, illegally search or arrest lawabiding gun owners, Wisconsin Carry is coming after YOU!

    See the full story at: http://www.gunleaders.com/blog/

  2. #2
    Regular Member Fallschirmjäger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Georgia, USA
    Posts
    3,915
    The decimal point in the settlement should have been another spot to the right, but it's definitely a step in the right direction. Big thumb's-up.

  3. #3
    Regular Member rodbender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Navasota, Texas, USA
    Posts
    2,524
    The thing about common sense is....it ain't too common.
    Will Rogers

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    68
    Am I reading this right? Towns were wrong in actions against citizens and this GROUP gets the money? Don't you love it when lawyers and orgs get money but not the people who were harassed? If I'm wrong..sorry!

  5. #5
    Regular Member Sonora Rebel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Gone
    Posts
    3,958
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanns40 View Post
    GET READY TO PAY UP AND KEEP ON PAYING! That's the word from Wisconsin Carry.

    Bad actors, including police, towns and cities have nowhere to hide in Wisconsin. If you harass, illegally search or arrest lawabiding gun owners, Wisconsin Carry is coming after YOU!

    See the full story at: http://www.gunleaders.com/blog/
    The fine wasn't nearly large enough.

  6. #6
    Founder's Club Member Brass Magnet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Right Behind You!, Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    2,818
    Quote Originally Posted by shotcop View Post
    Am I reading this right? Towns were wrong in actions against citizens and this GROUP gets the money? Don't you love it when lawyers and orgs get money but not the people who were harassed? If I'm wrong..sorry!
    No.
    WCI (Wisconsin Carry) paid for the lawyers for their member (goes by MKEgal here) and only attorney fees went to WCI; AFAIK.

    WCI is doing great things in Wisconsin and has several other lawsuits going with no cost to the member involved; once again, AFAIK.
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

    Lex malla, lex nulla

  7. #7
    Regular Member Michigander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Mulligan's Valley
    Posts
    4,830
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallschirmjäger View Post
    The decimal point in the settlement should have been another spot to the right, but it's definitely a step in the right direction. Big thumb's-up.
    Indeed. Those cops lives may not be worth 7,500 combined, but I would strongly argue that the victim's life is worth infinitely more than that.

    Hard time should be what the cops face, not a departmental fine under 10 grand. But then a journey of a thousand miles does start with a single step.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

    The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Central Wi
    Posts
    80
    I've written my legislator to express outrage that tax payers are getting stuck with these bills for rogue cops and departments denying citizens our civil rights. I explained that there must be some personal liability involved or this would continue.

    The Milwaukee police chief told his "troops" to put a citizen who is legally carrying a weapon "down." This is an invitation to some brave soul to carry in Milwaukee for the soul purpose of collecting some cool cash. I say brave because in Milwaukee the citizen might just be shot to death.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •