• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

So, You're A Bad Cop Or Town in Wisconsin? YOU'RE GONNA PAY! FEEL THE PAIN!!

Vanns40

GET READY TO PAY UP AND KEEP ON PAYING! That's the word from Wisconsin Carry.

Bad actors, including police, towns and cities have nowhere to hide in Wisconsin. If you harass, illegally search or arrest lawabiding gun owners, Wisconsin Carry is coming after YOU!

See the full story at: http://www.gunleaders.com/blog/

shotcop

Am I reading this right? Towns were wrong in actions against citizens and this GROUP gets the money? Don't you love it when lawyers and orgs get money but not the people who were harassed? If I'm wrong..sorry!

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
Am I reading this right? Towns were wrong in actions against citizens and this GROUP gets the money? Don't you love it when lawyers and orgs get money but not the people who were harassed? If I'm wrong..sorry!

No.
WCI (Wisconsin Carry) paid for the lawyers for their member (goes by MKEgal here) and only attorney fees went to WCI; AFAIK.

WCI is doing great things in Wisconsin and has several other lawsuits going with no cost to the member involved; once again, AFAIK.

Michigander

The decimal point in the settlement should have been another spot to the right, but it's definitely a step in the right direction. Big thumb's-up.

Indeed. Those cops lives may not be worth 7,500 combined, but I would strongly argue that the victim's life is worth infinitely more than that.

Hard time should be what the cops face, not a departmental fine under 10 grand. But then a journey of a thousand miles does start with a single step.

jrclen

I've written my legislator to express outrage that tax payers are getting stuck with these bills for rogue cops and departments denying citizens our civil rights. I explained that there must be some personal liability involved or this would continue.

The Milwaukee police chief told his "troops" to put a citizen who is legally carrying a weapon "down." This is an invitation to some brave soul to carry in Milwaukee for the soul purpose of collecting some cool cash. I say brave because in Milwaukee the citizen might just be shot to death.