• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Had an UOC bad dream

Born2Lose

I'm sure many of you have had bad self defense nightmares, but have you ever had any UOC nightmares.
/Start run on sentences.
In my dream i was UOC'ing in a place that look kind of like the courtyards of local SD schools, however there was some sort of restaurant there.
Someone came out into the courtyard and starting brandishing something (knife, gun, dunno) and screaming and everyone started scattering. He started going toward people to hurt them so i ran around a corner for cover and dropped the empty mag, slapped in the full mag but when i racked the slide it kept going forward and shot off the end of the gun and onto the ground. I picked it up and tried to replace it but i remembered that when i disassembled it to clean it there was a random part that i couldn't figure out where it went. The guy came around the corner and toward me and i backpeddled still trying to put my pistol back together. Then I woke up breathing heavy.

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
I'm sure many of you have had bad self defense nightmares, but have you ever had any UOC nightmares.
/Start run on sentences.
In my dream i was UOC'ing in a place that look kind of like the courtyards of local SD schools, however there was some sort of restaurant there.
Someone came out into the courtyard and starting brandishing something (knife, gun, dunno) and screaming and everyone started scattering. He started going toward people to hurt them so i ran around a corner for cover and dropped the empty mag, slapped in the full mag but when i racked the slide it kept going forward and shot off the end of the gun and onto the ground. I picked it up and tried to replace it but i remembered that when i disassembled it to clean it there was a random part that i couldn't figure out where it went. The guy came around the corner and toward me and i backpeddled still trying to put my pistol back together. Then I woke up breathing heavy.

[Freudian analysis]Your dream is caused by your unconcious relieving itself of the anxiety of carrying an ineffective or incomplete weapon. The dream will not repeat itself if you assert the realization in your conscious mind that carrying an unloaded weapon is an expression of the 1st Amendment and not the 2nd. Take two chill pills and call me in the morning.[/Freudian analysis]

Last edited:

DooFster

[Freudian analysis]Your dream is caused by your unconcious relieving itself of the anxiety of carrying an ineffective or imcomplete weapon. The dream will not repeat itself if you assert the realization in your conscious mind that carrying an unloaded weapon is an expression of the 1st Amendment and not the 2nd. Take two chill pills and call me in the morning.[/Freudian analysis]

I was having a bad day until I read this...C-3, you have MADE MY DAY! lol... :) Hope you don't mind, but I'm going to sig-quote you on this...

Last edited:

Born2Lose

[Freudian analysis]Your dream is caused by your unconcious relieving itself of the anxiety of carrying an ineffective or imcomplete weapon. The dream will not repeat itself if you assert the realization in your conscious mind that carrying an unloaded weapon is an expression of the 1st Amendment and not the 2nd. Take two chill pills and call me in the morning.[/Freudian analysis]

Thanks Doc..what do i owe you? :lol:

teemgreen99

Mine

I actually had a bad UOC dream once as well. It still kind of haunts me but not in my dreams. My dream involved criminals realizing by reading the applicable laws that open carry is legal in California so long as the weapon is unloaded. So knowing that our weapons were unloaded they went out with illegally concealed and loaded weapons and began taking weapons from UOCer's.

CenTex

Would you like Dr. Gundude's analysis? I'm not a shrink, but I did stay in a Holiday Inn once. :shocker:

Hey, Gertrude, is Doc Holliday Inn?

(Play on your words)

Last edited:

Michigander

It happens often to those who understand that their carry weapon system is lacking in one way or another.

If it keeps happening, the best fixes will be to either carry concealed and loaded by breaking the illegal state laws or moving, or to carry something like a spray bottle filled with ammonia if you want to kiss the ass of your treasonous reps.

Condition three is absolutely right. uoc is a form of 1a activism, and I'd say nearly unrelated to self defense. If you care more about your safety than taking on tyrants, uoc is an inferior strategy.

Last edited:

Gundude

It happens often to those who understand that their carry weapon system is lacking in one way or another.

If it keeps happening, the best fixes will be to either carry concealed and loaded by breaking the illegal state laws or moving, or to carry something like a spray bottle filled with ammonia if you want to kiss the ass of your treasonous reps.

Condition three is absolutely right. uoc is a form of 1a activism, and I'd say nearly unrelated to self defense. If you care more about your safety than taking on tyrants, uoc is an inferior strategy.

Are you serious?

Michigander

Are you serious?

Absolutely. I'm not saying do it, and I'm not saying don't do it. It's up to every individual oppressed person to weigh the value of life (and dignity as Jeff Cooper would point out) against treasonous laws and their illegal but often enforced penalties. Or to move to a free republic and completely avoid that decision.