Thread: school lockdown

school lockdown

here is an example of ignorant panic

http://www.mtairynews.com/view/full_...ws_left_column

i thought about what are some of the younger kids are going to remember about this

Quote Originally Posted by papa bear View Post
    here is an example of ignorant panic

http://www.mtairynews.com/view/full_...ws_left_column

i thought about what are some of the younger kids are going to remember about this
    They're either going to remember one of two things, depending upon how well their parents have raised them.

If their parents have raised them well, they'll think that while a "lockdown" may be a necessary evil in today's society, the extreme extent of it was wholly unnecessary and offered no additional security than would have been afforded had they simply closed the shades and locked the exterior doors while going about daily school business. And that the woman who "saw a gun" was a blithering idiot.

If their parents have raised them poorly, they'll be thanking and praising the town sheriff for decades to come for saving them from the horrible, gun-toting monster who could have targeted their school for a massacre.

Heaven help this poor lady and this town had they seen my grandfather toting his shotgun back and forth from elementary school every day. They'd have thought the Germans had started WWI five years ahead of schedule.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Would someone please sue for a violation of the 4th for lockdown?

It's a seizure of the people in the facility, and does not lead to a safer situation.

I believe that if I were in a facility that assumed lockdown, I would assume that I am being held against my will and make pains to seek shelter outside of such a place (probably arming myself if not already armed).

This is as bad a violation of rights as any....
    It takes a village to raise an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirbinator View Post
    Would someone please sue for a violation of the 4th for lockdown?

It's a seizure of the people in the facility, and does not lead to a safer situation.

I believe that if I were in a facility that assumed lockdown, I would assume that I am being held against my will and make pains to seek shelter outside of such a place (probably arming myself if not already armed).

This is as bad a violation of rights as any....
    Parent: Hello, I'm here to pick up my son.

LEO: Sorry, but the school is under lockdown.

Parent: My son has an appointment, and we need to leave. I'll assume full responsibility for my son.

LEO: No one's leaving until the threat's been lifted.

Parent: Is he under arrest? If so, what's the charge?

LEO: You don't understand, the school's... Wait - who are you calling?

Parent: I'm calling the FBI to report a kidnapping.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Quote Originally Posted by since9 View Post
    Parent: Hello, I'm here to pick up my son.

LEO: Sorry, but the school is under lockdown.

Parent: My son has an appointment, and we need to leave. I'll assume full responsibility for my son.

LEO: No one's leaving until the threat's been lifted.

Parent: Is he under arrest? If so, what's the charge?

LEO: You don't understand, the school's... Wait - who are you calling?

Parent: I'm calling the FBI to report a kidnapping.
    And that is what it is under the law, kidnapping.
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

Politicians should serve two terms, one in office and one in prison.(borrowed from RioKid)

Thank goodness that all mine are grown and gone. I do worry about the grandkids though.

I wish more parents would make those calls to the FBI to report a kidnapping under those circumstances. I'd bet that the totally unnecessary (read "ridiculous") lockdowns of schools and other institutions would very soon stop or be drastically reduced.

I'll also say that, although I am no fan of lawsuits, I'd like to see a few filed on the basis of these lockdowns.

Quote Originally Posted by SFCRetired View Post
    Thank goodness that all mine are grown and gone. I do worry about the grandkids though.

I wish more parents would make those calls to the FBI to report a kidnapping under those circumstances. I'd bet that the totally unnecessary (read "ridiculous") lockdowns of schools and other institutions would very soon stop or be drastically reduced.

I'll also say that, although I am no fan of lawsuits, I'd like to see a few filed on the basis of these lockdowns.
    Mine are grown also. It is grandchildren now.

It is much easier to be Grandpa instead of Daddy.
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

Politicians should serve two terms, one in office and one in prison.(borrowed from RioKid)

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OldCurlyWolf View Post
    Mine are grown also. It is grandchildren now.

It is much easier to be Grandpa instead of Daddy.
    Until one of them wants to move back home with their brood in tow. I do not have that problem, but I can well imagine it.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

The woman who called this fake MWAG report should be charged for "filing a false police report". In NC, that is a "Class 2 Misdemeanor"...

§ 14‑225. False reports to law enforcement agencies or officers. Any person who shall willfully make or cause to be made to a law enforcement agency or officer any false, misleading or unfounded report, for the purpose of interfering with the operation of a law enforcement agency, or to hinder or obstruct any law enforcement officer in the performance of his duty, shall be guilty of a Class 2 misdemeanor. (1941, c. 363; 1969, c. 1224, s. 3; 1993, c. 539, s. 137; 1994, Ex. Sess., c. 23, ss. 1‑3; c. 24, s. 14(c).)
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Thank god we have police to set this straight

Banned
    If you think this is bad.

In the Province of New Brunswick, Canada, they actually have drills where the school is locked down and the children removed to a non-disclosed location. The parents have no right to know the location. Imagine that.

And the people tolerate it without comment or derision.

Drip drip drip...the sound of the bucket of tyranny re-filling via incrementalism.

Really? This is where we're at. One person who might have had a gun who was walking, not on campus, but in the vicinity of schools (these things are everywhere in some places!), forced between 600 and 1200 or more people to cower in a darkened classroom? We aren't becoming a nation of wussies, we're already there.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
    The woman who called this fake MWAG report should be charged for "filing a false police report". In NC, that is a "Class 2 Misdemeanor"...
    That's an interesting approach, although one would have to prove false intent. Without that key ingredient, no DA would prosecute, and all judges would rule it as contrary to the best interests of the community.

I think a better approach is to prohibit MWAG status as constituting PC for a stop, unless he's using it in a crime. Brandishing is a crime in most areas. Open Carry is not.

Quote Originally Posted by Awshucks View Post
    If you think this is bad.

In the Province of New Brunswick, Canada, they actually have drills where the school is locked down and the children removed to a non-disclosed location. The parents have no right to know the location. Imagine that.

And the people tolerate it without comment or derision.

Drip drip drip...the sound of the bucket of tyranny re-filling via incrementalism.
    Here in the good ol US of A, That bucket was overflowing 50 years ago. Waiting for that tree of liberty to be refreshed , but would it do any good to refresh a long since dead tree ?
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???