Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 32

Thread: What Price ANONYMITY?

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Franklin, Kentucky, USA
    Posts
    221

    What Price ANONYMITY?

    It just occurred to me that I am actually leaving Commiefornia ... FOR GOOD! I will not return to this state for any reason, save attending a funeral of a friend or some similar obligation.

    Soooo ... I have my guns. Commiefornia guns, all legally purchased by me, and r-e-g-i-s-t-e-r-e-d TO me. When I relocate to Free America (Kentucky) it is my understanding that I can simply walk into a gun store, plunk down some cash and legally buy a gun, right then and there, and walk out with it, without the stench of liberalism attached to my name and a serial number, make, model, etc.

    So I am wondering. Should I sell all of my Commiefornia guns here, and buy new unregistered ones in Kentucky? I have a Commiefornia legal AR-15, complete with the 10-round magazines and bullet button and all of the other liberal-mandated pussifications that make owning it slightly less enjoyable than it could otherwise be. I have Glocks, a nice Charles Daly .45 ACP, and some shotguns. If I convert them to cash, I can take the money to KY. and buy new guns without difficulty. I'll really enjoy spending all of my money in Kentucky! I also would not have to worry about transporting them in the car/truck.

    I'm going to call Bud's and a local gun store in my new hometown tomorrow, and ask a few questions! Maybe the slight price difference is worth permanently washing the stinking stench of Liberalism from my gun collection?

    My good friend in Los Angeles is an FFL. He'd handle most of the transactions I guess.

    What are your thoughts on this?

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    222
    Well if you want to buy guns that are not registered to you, don't buy them from a store. You still have to pass a NICS check here.

    The site I use the most is

    http://www.kyclassifieds.com/cat10.htm

    Sometimes they are over priced, sometimes there are good deals. I've bought all of my firearms from it except my Taurus, which I got at Buds.

    Also don't forget about centerfire, one of the best imo, for MBRs.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Franklin, Kentucky, USA
    Posts
    221
    I really don't mind the NICS check per se, but here in Commiefornia, if you buy a handgun, the particular make, model and serial number is attached to your name. The same goes for long guns! If that gun is ever (lost/stolen/misplaced) and it turns up at a crime scene, *I* would automatically be assumed to have committed the crime because the serial number points to ME! I'd have to hire a lawyer and pay out gobs of money, and have a major disruption in MY life just because the brain dead "feel good" Commifornia Socialists liberals believe that gun registration has ANY effect on crime.

    Now they're pushing for serialization of BULLETS! I'd have to buy ammo that was laser inscribed with my personal DATA! The leftist b*stards truly believe that a gun owner is powerless against the evil intentions of a handgun, and therefore, if you own one, you'll probably find yourself shooting someone in a liquor store robbery DESPITE your best efforts to resist the GUN'S relentless desire to take human life!

    I'll be SO happy to move out of this cesspool of Socialism!

  4. #4
    Activist Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Ashland, KY
    Posts
    1,847

    only check

    IN KY, you only go through the nics if your purchasing from an ffl dealer. if you purchase from a private dealer that doesnt have a ffl liscense you do not have to go through ne checks. and in KY that is all they do is run the check and tell whether your buying a handgun or longgun. The serial number of the firearm is not recorded by the govt. It is much easier here than most places. You will love the freedom of the commonwealth, I do....and welcome to kY

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Gravel Switch, KY
    Posts
    544
    I have yet to buy a gun in Kentucky yet, but if it's the same as Texas, even with a CCDW, the 4473 is filled out but it is up to the dealer on whether or not to call it in. Most won't go through the hassle once of calling it in once a CCDW is produced, but I know of a handful of dealers in Texas that still called in every 4473 just to cover their butt.

    Im pretty sure that anyone who has an FFL is required to keep a record of every gun that comes in and goes out. The records are kept by the business as long as they keep their FFL. If they go out of business or decide to let the FFL lapse, they are then required to send in all of their records to the BATFE. The BATFE can also demand all the records of any FFL at any time.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Form_4473

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Gravel Switch, KY
    Posts
    544
    and to answer the original question, I would sell the "California safe or California only" models. They're not going to be worth anything to anyone outside of California.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Fallon, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    5,580
    Quote Originally Posted by KYGlockster View Post
    IN KY, you only go through the nics if your purchasing from an ffl dealer. if you purchase from a private dealer that doesnt have a ffl liscense you do not have to go through ne checks. and in KY that is all they do is run the check and tell whether your buying a handgun or longgun. The serial number of the firearm is not recorded by the govt. It is much easier here than most places. You will love the freedom of the commonwealth, I do....and welcome to kY
    I suggest NOT purchasing from a "private dealer that doesn't have an ffl." Did you mean to say "purchase from a private party?"
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Gravel Switch, KY
    Posts
    544
    Quote Originally Posted by wrightme View Post
    I suggest NOT purchasing from a "private dealer that doesn't have an ffl." Did you mean to say "purchase from a private party?"
    is that like an Unlicensed Pharmacist?

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    222
    Quote Originally Posted by gutshot View Post
    The serial number, as well as all of your personal information, is recorded on the form 4473 that you must fill out. This form is retained by the dealer for as long as he is in business. After that it is sent into the ATF. During the NICS, your name, address and vital info is given (SSN if you give it).The only way to avoid this is have a CCDW and bypass the NICS.
    You beat me to it, lol.

    However, if you think about it, that CCDW has all your personal info on record and when they fill out the form 4473, they use the number off your CCDW. Since there is still a paper trail, you have to buy from an individual to keep a gun from having any connection to you.

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Franklin, Kentucky, USA
    Posts
    221
    Quote Originally Posted by flb_78 View Post
    and to answer the original question, I would sell the "California safe or California only" models. They're not going to be worth anything to anyone outside of California.
    Excellent point! I guess I'll be selling my AR-15 and ALL of my 10-round G-22 magazines!

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Franklin, Kentucky, USA
    Posts
    221
    Quote Originally Posted by UnfetteredMight View Post
    you have to buy from an individual
    That is a completely foreign concept to me! Are you telling me that if a man walks up to me (say it is someone I know only casually) and says, "Hey Joe. I have a nice .45 to sell. Would you like it?" and I give him the cash, that's ... IT? No records? no Government intervention? No black helicopters following me home?!?

  12. #12
    Regular Member KYKevin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Owensboro, Kentucky, USA
    Posts
    328
    Quote Originally Posted by gravedigger View Post
    That is a completely foreign concept to me! Are you telling me that if a man walks up to me (say it is someone I know only casually) and says, "Hey Joe. I have a nice .45 to sell. Would you like it?" and I give him the cash, that's ... IT? No records? no Government intervention? No black helicopters following me home?!?
    Oh my friend. You are gonna love it here. The only black helicopters I see here are the ones from ft campbell flying in to eat at moonlight bbq.

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    222
    Quote Originally Posted by gravedigger View Post
    That is a completely foreign concept to me! Are you telling me that if a man walks up to me (say it is someone I know only casually) and says, "Hey Joe. I have a nice .45 to sell. Would you like it?" and I give him the cash, that's ... IT? No records? no Government intervention? No black helicopters following me home?!?
    You don't even have to know him casually, he can be a complete stranger.

    No, no records, no government intervention and no black helicopters following you home lol.

    In order to make sure the firearm you are buying isn't stolen, get the serial number and call a police department and tell them that you want to make sure that the firearm isn't stolen. I've never had a problem with them doing it for me. Get this done before you meet the person.

    I'm trying to remember the particulars(anyone want to chime in), but gun sales by individuals are not supposed to occur across state lines. However, it's illegal for the person SELLING the gun not the one BUYING it as long as the person BUYING is in their home state.

    So for example, a person from Indiana comes to Kentucky to meet you to sell you their gun. They are breaking the law, but you aren't. I'm 95% certain that's correct, but before you go doing that, look it up and make sure. It's a Federal law not a state one. Of course you could just not worry about it and buy only from people in Kentucky, check their DL to make sure they live here.

    If your ever selling to someone, you are not supposed to sell to a felon of course. However the law plainly states that you cannot KNOWINGLY sell to a felon. So the burden of proof would be on them to prove you knew that the person was a felon at the time you sold the firearm to them. It's not a bad idea to ask to see a CCDW when selling to someone, that way you know they are not a felon. But you have backup, if they do not have one. But always ask to see ID if you think they might be under 18.

    Lastly, I never go to meet a stranger to either buy or sell a gun unless I take a friend with me that is armed as well. 99.99% of the time you will never have a problem, but there is always that .01%. Walmart parking lots seem to be a popular location to meet for these type of transactions, don't ask me why lol.

    As KYKevin said, your gonna love it here.
    Last edited by UnfetteredMight; 01-08-2011 at 11:40 AM.

  14. #14
    Activist Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Ashland, KY
    Posts
    1,847

    serial number

    Ive never noticed the dealer write the serial numbers of any gun i have bought however you said it yourself. It is kept at the dealer, therefore the govt has no knowlege of the serial number of the firearm. Just that it is a handgun of longgun......Would that be correct?

  15. #15
    Activist Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Ashland, KY
    Posts
    1,847

    private

    Private dealer private person....either or, I know people that trade around with guns and such and that to me is what I call a private dealer. Not an illegal arms dealer that makes millions of dollars off of illegaly selling firearms. That wouldnt be a good idea at all>>>

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Franklin, Kentucky, USA
    Posts
    221
    Then we get back to my original question!

    If I can just sell my handguns private party to anyone (felons excluded, etc.) and at SOME point, that gun ends up at a crime scene, wouldn't the feds show up at MY door, since these guns are registered to me? It sounds like I should sell ALL of my COMMIEfornia registered guns and buy new ones in Free America!

  17. #17
    Regular Member KYKevin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Owensboro, Kentucky, USA
    Posts
    328
    Quote Originally Posted by KYGlockster View Post
    Ive never noticed the dealer write the serial numbers of any gun i have bought however you said it yourself. It is kept at the dealer, therefore the govt has no knowlege of the serial number of the firearm. Just that it is a handgun of longgun......Would that be correct?
    Last several guns I bought at a local and very popular gun dealer here in western Kentucky. I was standing there when they called the batf for the background check. I heard them give the them my personal info along with the type of weapon I was buying, the brand, the model, the caliber and yes the serial number. In fact the last gun I bought was a Keltec sub2000 and I even heard the lady repat the serial number twice so they got it right. So I am willing to bet the batf know all the weapons I have purchased through this local gun store. (btw it is an awesome weapon. I love shooting it.)

    there I editted it propper.
    Last edited by KYKevin; 02-07-2011 at 10:46 AM.

  18. #18
    Activist Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Ashland, KY
    Posts
    1,847

    the sherriff???

    the check is conducted by the batfe, it has nothing to do with local law enforcement in ky. When they are on the phone they are talking to federal govt. I have never heard of them giving all that info. I know they record the serial number on the paperwork, however they do not go into detail with model and this and that. just handgun longgun and that is it. I have heard of them going into detail with someone that has had a misdemeanor on their record. They might be getting you confused with someone else. Do you give them ur social, or just your name.?

  19. #19
    Activist Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Ashland, KY
    Posts
    1,847

    krs

    KRS 237.020 states that anyone can buy a firearm from an unlicensed dealer as long as that sell conforms to state and/or federal law. So basically as long as its a legal firearm and not being sold to a felon??? Could you elaborate on this for me gutshot? Is that the gist of it, or is there more to it?

  20. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Franklin, Kentucky, USA
    Posts
    221
    Gosh. After 38 years in the PRC (Peoples Republic of Commiefornia), telling me I can buy or sell a gun like a used baseball glove simply blows me away! I don't know if you realize how I feel! You know, when I arrive, the first time I LOC, I'm going to be sweating bullets waiting for the cops to come screaming up in cars for the MWG call!

  21. #21
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Fallon, Nevada, USA
    Posts
    5,580
    Quote Originally Posted by KYGlockster View Post
    KRS 237.020 states that anyone can buy a firearm from an unlicensed dealer as long as that sell conforms to state and/or federal law. So basically as long as its a legal firearm and not being sold to a felon??? Could you elaborate on this for me gutshot? Is that the gist of it, or is there more to it?
    "Prohibited person," not "felon." A felony charge creates a prohibited person, but a felon CAN get rights restored. DV offenders have much greater trouble getting right restoration.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

  22. #22
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    222
    Quote Originally Posted by KYGlockster View Post
    KRS 237.020 states that anyone can buy a firearm from an unlicensed dealer as long as that sell conforms to state and/or federal law. So basically as long as its a legal firearm and not being sold to a felon??? Could you elaborate on this for me gutshot? Is that the gist of it, or is there more to it?
    That law sounds contradictory to me and should be better defined. By federal law, a dealer has to be licensed. It may have something to do with people selling multiple guns our of their "personal collection". It's legal to sell out of your "personal collection" without an FFL, but if your "personal collection" consists of a revolving stock of firearms, then it's not really your "personal collection" is it?
    Last edited by UnfetteredMight; 01-10-2011 at 11:02 AM.

  23. #23
    Regular Member KYKevin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Owensboro, Kentucky, USA
    Posts
    328
    Quote Originally Posted by KYGlockster View Post
    the check is conducted by the batfe, it has nothing to do with local law enforcement in ky. When they are on the phone they are talking to federal govt. I have never heard of them giving all that info. I know they record the serial number on the paperwork, however they do not go into detail with model and this and that. just handgun longgun and that is it. I have heard of them going into detail with someone that has had a misdemeanor on their record. They might be getting you confused with someone else. Do you give them ur social, or just your name.?
    Ok I said sheriff by mistake. My bad. I have habit of saying sheriff when talking about any kind of leo's. They are all the same to me. We all make mistakes sometimes. But yes I was standing not more than 3 feet away and they did go into all the detail. They did not have my social but they had my drivers license in hand when talking on the phone. LOL wasn't trying to start an argument just saying what had happen to me. And as far as a record goes I don't have one. At the time of my last purchase I had not been keeping up on all the laws and regs and I figured that it was something new they were doing. And to be honest I really have nothing to gain about lying about what happened. I heard what I heard and it was my weapon she was talking to them about on the phone.
    Last edited by KYKevin; 01-10-2011 at 11:09 AM.

  24. #24
    Activist Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Ashland, KY
    Posts
    1,847

    licensed

    A dealer does have to be licensed to receive firearms from manufacturing companies. However, a private person can sell firearms in his posession and still be within state law and federal law. He just cant order them and receive them at his home. KY has a bill introduced this leg. session that will make KY void of federal law in the firearms business. If a gun is manufactured in KY, you do not have to go through all the hassle to purchase. NO checks no nothing, just buy the gun. And it makes it to where you can be 18 and purchase, just not from an ffl. Its on the KY legislative page, i just cant remember the bill number....there is more to it, so look it up, its pretty interesting. Already in KY an 18 year old can open carry and posess a handgun, but he cant purchase ammo or the firearm, it has to be given to him by a gaurdian.

  25. #25
    Regular Member KYKevin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Owensboro, Kentucky, USA
    Posts
    328
    Quote Originally Posted by KYGlockster View Post
    A dealer does have to be licensed to receive firearms from manufacturing companies. However, a private person can sell firearms in his posession and still be within state law and federal law. He just cant order them and receive them at his home. KY has a bill introduced this leg. session that will make KY void of federal law in the firearms business. If a gun is manufactured in KY, you do not have to go through all the hassle to purchase. NO checks no nothing, just buy the gun. And it makes it to where you can be 18 and purchase, just not from an ffl. Its on the KY legislative page, i just cant remember the bill number....there is more to it, so look it up, its pretty interesting. Already in KY an 18 year old can open carry and posess a handgun, but he cant purchase ammo or the firearm, it has to be given to him by a gaurdian.
    I remember reading about this somewhere too. I al so hoping it passes. I think last year it was HB 87 and SB 122 if it is the same one I am thinking about. The Kentucky Firearms Freedom Act. Sadly it did not get anywhere last year. I believe 5 states have already put a law like this into effect.

    From http://kyfirearmsfreedom.com/
    The purposes of the Kentucky Firearms Freedom Act are:

    1. Support the right to keep and bear arms in Kentucky
    2. Insulate Kentucky from future federal gun bans
    3. Stop unconstitutional federal gun laws
    4. Support existing Kentucky firearms manufactures
    5. Encourage new firearms manufacting in Kentucky - JOBS!
    6. Exert Kentucky state sovereignty
    7.Push back against the anti-gun zealots in the federal government and the United Nations

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •