Thread: Too lazy to Google..

Regular Member trevorthebusdriver's Avatar

Too lazy to Google..

Can I drive around with a shotgun in my car? Visible? Loaded?

No, all long guns must be unloaded in a car or bus.

Yes, you can, but you will probably be cited and have the gun confiscated as it is illegal.

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=77.15.460

And there is the RCW on that.

When I travel with a long-gun, I keep a printout of that RCW in the case with the gun.
    Last edited by FMCDH; 01-07-2011 at 02:51 AM.

Visible? Yes. Loaded? Not unless you have a disabled hunter's permit or you're a LEO. Refer to above RCW.
    Quote Originally Posted by SayWhat View Post

Shooters before hooters.

The question was "Can you?". Answer, yes, if you are out with some of your "homies" looking for someone that "dissed" you at the mall or some other similar scenario.

It's illegal so only Law Abiding Citizens won't do so. The rest? We all know how they follow all the laws, everyday.

Like all other gun laws, it won't stop those that could care less about laws.
    Last edited by amlevin; 01-07-2011 at 11:57 AM.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Not meaning to diss you trevor, but the can/may topic is a pet peeve of mine.

Since people misuse them so often, people start to believe they mean the same thing.

This confusion is the basis of the arguments put forth by anti-gun groups. The think that if they pass laws that restrict what you may do, that it will somehow magically restrict what you can do.

As far as the original question that you intended to ask, I believe that has been well covered by previous responders.
    No right is held more sacred, or is more carefully guarded, by the common law than the right of every individual to the possession and control of his own person, free from all restraint or interference of others, unless by clear and unquestionable authority of law. Union Pacific Rail Co. vs Botsford as quoted in Terry v Ohio.

Talk to your cats about catnip - before it's too late.

IAALBIAAFTDPASNIPHCBCALA
    Don't be so open minded that your brains fall out. (John Corapi, The Black Sheep Dog)
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. (Groucho Marx)

Quote Originally Posted by Lammo View Post
    Cute.

In todays vernacular, "There's an App for that".
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Quote Originally Posted by amlevin View Post
    The question was "Can you?". Answer, yes, if you are out with some of your "homies" looking for someone that "dissed" you at the mall or some other similar scenario.

Please don't try that again, it just makes you sound....ugh.

To the OP, in the future, consider the amount of time wasted waiting for some random person on the internet to answer your question which may or may not be right, given that you shouldn't rely on it alone. Will you be verifying a posters statement after reading it? If so, couldn't you have just done it yourself? If not, if I tell you it is legal to moon (insert category) drivers and pee on their tires, will you trust that is true?

Weak, your google fu is, young busdriver.

Been harassed by the police? Yelled at by the anti-gun neighbors? Mother doesn't approve?

Then this is the place for you! Click here to get back at them!

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenIsFaster View Post
    SNIP Will you be verifying a posters statement after reading it? If so, couldn't you have just done it yourself?
    Good point.

Regular Member trevorthebusdriver's Avatar
    Sorry and Thank You.

Just didn't want to read the entire RCW and have a dumb phone.

Of course I meant "Legally can I..."

Thread end, let it die.

Loophole, kind off. If I understand the law right percussion mussel loaders in Washington state are considered unloaded as long as there is not nipple on the gun. So if you have a black powder shot gun you should be able to legally drive around with with if out in view loaded as long as there is no nipple on it
    "Fight like you train, train like you fight"

Quote Originally Posted by fire suppressor View Post
    Loophole, kind off. If I understand the law right percussion mussel loaders in Washington state are considered unloaded as long as there is not nipple on the gun. So if you have a black powder shot gun you should be able to legally drive around with with if out in view loaded as long as there is no nipple on it
    Pardon but I believe the BP Shotgun will always have a "nipple" on it. Didn't you mean a "percussion cap" on the nipple?

lol looks like you got me amlevin I meant cap. But if you unscrew the nipple off the gun I'm pretty sure the cops are going to consider it unloaded
    "Fight like you train, train like you fight"