• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Too lazy to Google..

Trigger Dr

Yes, you can, but you will probably be cited and have the gun confiscated as it is illegal.

amlevin

The question was "Can you?". Answer, yes, if you are out with some of your "homies" looking for someone that "dissed" you at the mall or some other similar scenario.

It's illegal so only Law Abiding Citizens won't do so. The rest? We all know how they follow all the laws, everyday.

Like all other gun laws, it won't stop those that could care less about laws.

Last edited:

ak56

Campaign Veteran
Not meaning to diss you trevor, but the can/may topic is a pet peeve of mine.

Since people misuse them so often, people start to believe they mean the same thing.

This confusion is the basis of the arguments put forth by anti-gun groups. The think that if they pass laws that restrict what you may do, that it will somehow magically restrict what you can do.

As far as the original question that you intended to ask, I believe that has been well covered by previous responders.

OrangeIsTrouble

The question was "Can you?". Answer, yes, if you are out with some of your "homies" looking for someone that "dissed" you at the mall or some other similar scenario.

Please don't try that again, it just makes you sound....ugh.

To the OP, in the future, consider the amount of time wasted waiting for some random person on the internet to answer your question which may or may not be right, given that you shouldn't rely on it alone. Will you be verifying a posters statement after reading it? If so, couldn't you have just done it yourself? If not, if I tell you it is legal to moon (insert category) drivers and pee on their tires, will you trust that is true?

Weak, your google fu is, young busdriver.

fire suppressor

Loophole, kind off. If I understand the law right percussion mussel loaders in Washington state are considered unloaded as long as there is not nipple on the gun. So if you have a black powder shot gun you should be able to legally drive around with with if out in view loaded as long as there is no nipple on it

amlevin

Loophole, kind off. If I understand the law right percussion mussel loaders in Washington state are considered unloaded as long as there is not nipple on the gun. So if you have a black powder shot gun you should be able to legally drive around with with if out in view loaded as long as there is no nipple on it

Pardon but I believe the BP Shotgun will always have a "nipple" on it. Didn't you mean a "percussion cap" on the nipple?

fire suppressor

lol looks like you got me amlevin I meant cap. But if you unscrew the nipple off the gun I'm pretty sure the cops are going to consider it unloaded