• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I wish you the best but....

Fallschirjmäger

As Shotcop left us bereft of his company on the 7th of January at 2 in the morning (40+ hours ago), why was his last visit at 2106Hrs 08 Jan 11? I perceive that Rotorhead may have nailed his motives.

Last edited:

OldCurlyWolf

Fallschirmjäger off topic

It seems to me that you might have spent about 3 weeks south of Columbus, GA at one time or other. :cool:

Fallschirjmäger

It seems to me that you might have spent about 3 weeks south of Columbus, GA at one time or other. :cool:

Oh, maybe ;)

And again just before midnight on the 8th.

Why don't we just delete this thread, pretend it never happened and the original poster apparently didn't really mean he was leaving anyway?

Last edited:

eye95

I can understand why you're leaving; I mean you even put 'cop' in your username so people would know you're one of the privileged few but people don't "respect your authoritay". It's almost as though without a badge you're just another person on the internet... with no more power or privilege than anyone else.

Such an attitude should not be tolerated and I can't blame you at all for your attitude towards the unwashed masses of "them" who seem to be massed against the overwhelming knowledge of the few who represent Law and Justice on the internet.

I only wish you the very best of luck wherever you go.

You know what? I never saw this poster display that kind of attitude. His farewell post paints us with a broad brush. Your post paints LEOs with a broad brush.

Both acts are equally reprehensible.

M

McX

i would hope he would reconsider leaving. we are a diverse group, from many backgrounds, with many views. at times we fuss and fight, but when needed we are always there for each other. we also learn and share together, draw for each other's knowledge and strengths. the views on the police are formed by time, and interaction with them. they make their own reputations with us, good or bad. and as they bash us on their forums, the same occurs here. we must remain focused on the good, and disregard the rest, that will keep us participating, and envolved here. the loss of even one affects us all. I would suggest the person who desires to leave, seek out some open carriers, at an event staged in his area, build the social contacts, and social interactions, a meet would provide. see first hand the number of friends who this site has brought into their lives, and the outstanding quality of the people who share common beliefs. please stay, you need to put in, to get back, and the opportunity to make new friends, and continue your beliefs exists here, and is yours for the taking!

Fallschirjmäger

i would hope he would reconsider leaving. we are a diverse group, from many backgrounds, with many views. at times we fuss and fight, but when needed we are always there for each other. we also learn and share together, draw for each other's knowledge and strengths. the views on the police are formed by time, and interaction with them. they make their own reputations with us, good or bad. and as they bash us on their forums, the same occurs here. we must remain focused on the good, and disregard the rest, that will keep us participating, and envolved here. the loss of even one affects us all. I would suggest the person who desires to leave, seek out some open carriers, at an event staged in his area, build the social contacts, and social interactions, a meet would provide. see first hand the number of friends who this site has brought into their lives, and the outstanding quality of the people who share common beliefs. please stay, you need to put in, to get back, and the opportunity to make new friends, and continue your beliefs exists here, and is yours for the taking!

The gentleman hasn't left.
He's been on every day since he posted and he's on right now as of 1430hrs.

Last edited:

shotcop

The gentleman hasn't left.
He's been on every day since he posted and he's on right now as of 1430hrs.

O-k _ _ _hat, if you bothered to read what I wrote, IO stated clearly several things, I support OC CC and all other gun rights, I intend to continue checking the site for info, law udates, OC gatherings etc. It's the out of control threads I don't want to play in anymore, I appreciate your concern for when and where I travel on this site but please read what's been said about me personally and about cops in general, YOU complain about being painted by a broad brush? I've taken personal shots!! This will be the last post other than OC gatherings I'm interested in, congrats you can keep all the opinion to yourself and of the same stripe!
PS..I like the way yall disected every word looking for the "obvious" slights, reminds me of Clinton when he said "it depends on what the meaning of 'is' is"

Last edited:

1245A Defender

well,,,

O-k _ _ _hat, if you bothered to read what I wrote, IO stated clearly several things, I support OC CC and all other gun rights, I intend to continue checking the site for info, law udates, OC gatherings etc. It's the out of control threads I don't want to play in anymore, I appreciate your concern for when and where I travel on this site but please read what's been said about me personally and about cops in general, YOU complain about being painted by a broad brush? I've taken personal shots!! This will be the last post other than OC gatherings I'm interested in, congrats you can keep all the opinion to yourself and of the same stripe!
PS..I like the way yall disected every word looking for the "obvious" slights, reminds me of Clinton when he said "it depends on what the meaning of 'is' is"

QFT!

youre way too thin skinned to operate in a room full of free, patriodic adults!
ive read your posts since your day 1.
this isnt the only thread youve quit on! Confessions of a police officer

only about 3 posts, but there you are talking about taking you ball and going home,
but then you keep coming back!

your LEO mentality and authority issues will not fly well in a forum populated by constitutionalists.

shotcop

QFT!

youre way too thin skinned to operate in a room full of free, patriodic adults!
ive read your posts since your day 1.
this isnt the only thread youve quit on! Confessions of a police officer

only about 3 posts, but there you are talking about taking you ball and going home,
but then you keep coming back!

your LEO mentality and authority issues will not fly well in a forum populated by constitutionalists.

So you are "leery" of me if I show up at an OC lunch? ReallY? Don't worry, just contacted admins to remove my name from site, yo win! Enjoy and good luck with your OC mission..sincerly!

Fallschirjmäger

So.... let me see if I read this right....

The gentleman has left us, but he hasn't.
The gentleman has left us, but he's going to read the threads he's interested in.
The gentleman has left us, but he's going to post on threads that garner his interest (ipso facto, this thread.)

Okie-dokie, I guess I'll leave to.
From now on I'll only visit here to read threads that interest me, and I won't post ever again unless it's in a thread that attracts my attention.

Last edited:

wrightme

So.... let me see if I read this right....

He's left us, but he hasn't.
He's left us, but he's going to read the threads he's interested in.
He's left us, but he's going to post on threads that garner his interest (ipso facto, this thread.)

Okie-dokie, I guess I'll leave to.
From now on I'll only visit here to read threads that interest me, and I won't post ever again unless it's in a thread that attracts my attention.

Wow, the simplicity of it is astounding! I wonder that we hadn't all done this already. Maybe we should ALL leave and do just that.

Oh, wait, I can do that without leaving....

eye95

... but... he is correct in that ShotCop never displayed the attitude that I accused him of.

I don't mind the poster to whom you are responding posting like he is. He is saying more about himself than he is trying to say about me. Folks can read what he writes and judge for themselves. He is not making himself look good.

Gunslinger

I've always thought if you say you are leaving, do it. If you really mean you want to throw some gratuitous insults out just for the heck of it, but plan on putting your 2C in whenever the mood strikes you, say that instead. Personally, I wish you'd stay. I disagree with you often, but you present a point of view which is op ed. That's not a bad thing.