• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New guy from Shelton

Shawn Mitola

Hello there folks. I've been lurking here reading threads and taking in all the information I can get for a while now. I've been OC for a few months now I'm 34, married with 2 kids and they are my primary reason for carrying at all. For me it was something I always would have preferred to do but honestly didn't know it was legal here. After reading about the way our rights are being trampled on I decided that I need to get more involved before our rights disappear with the signing of a pen.

I made my first step contacting Attorney Baird and just letting her know I was adding her to my speed dial. She was very receptive and I'm glad we have someone in our corner.

So now I pose this question to those of you who have been here the longest. How can I help? I downloaded the pamphlet from the CCDL site and I keep it on me know whenever I carry. I've also thought about investing in an audio recorder as has been suggested by several people but those things will help ME if I'm in a jam but I'm more interested in getting involved with this community and helping keep the rights we have and maybe reclaim some ones we have lost.

You can reach me here or by email at smitola2@hotmail.com I work third shift so I'm usually around in the afternoons and evenings till 11pm.

KIX

So, I'm not going to be the only one posting at o'dark thirty in the morning!!!

Activity will be posted here as far as what's going on at the capitol, CCDL and what Rich and I are working on.

And I agree with all you mention about family and all....... we are SUPPOSED to be able to defend ourselves, family and land, but........ you know........

Welcome aboard!

Jonathan

LQM

...and three makes for good soup, or an opera, or.... something

I too am trolling the forums during my midnight to AM shift. I'm not in the open carry category yet as I'm still a little leery about it, but I am writing my letters and getting as many people I can into the firearms freedom arena. Welcome aboard Shawn.

Rich B

Welcome. There is a lot to do in this state, and it seems that since the election our usual enthusiastic players have fallen off the radar. I am hoping this is just due to vacations/holiday business.

Regardless, if you want to get involved I think the best advice is to watch this forum and don't be afraid to roll up your sleeves and get involved. We are working on some other ways to get people more involved and to spread information about current issues and the actions that need to be taken on them.

Until that time, don't be afraid to offer to volunteer when you see something that needs to be done. We have plenty of honest people here that will give their opinions on your ideas or planned actions.

If you want to jump in and get started right away, you can email me at: rich@masterplansoftware.com
I have plenty of things we could use some help with that I can get you rolling with.

We submitted a proposal at the last CCDL meeting to start a subcommittee called DARC (Defensive Action Response Committee). This committee will be busy fighting back when citizens are wronged by various government or other entities. The fighting back will be in the form of intelligence gathering, media support, legal actions, etc.

You can find our proposal here: http://subtlehustle.com/OC/DARC/Defensive Action Response Committee proposal - Draft.pdf

If this is something you are interested in, let me know, we will get you started. That offer goes to anyone here of course, but I think most of you have been informed of this plan of action to begin with.

Kix and I have already met a few times and have a couple actions we are working on already. We could use any and all support from anyone who wants to really get busy working on the issues we are fighting in this state.

Rich B

I'm not in the open carry category yet as I'm still a little leery about it

I have had no problems in Branford and the surrounding areas. I OC in Branford regularly, much of the time in the center of town. I certainly understand the hesitation though, and respect your right to stay concealed for as long as you want or forever. My fight is simply about fighting against those of us who don't believe in your right to make choices. It took me a long time to get convinced to try it, and the first couple times I did it, I was really nervous which is to be expected. We have all had it hammered into us that if someone catches a glimpse of our firearm that SWAT teams will be screeching to a stop outside, permits will be shredded, Godzilla will attack, etc. If you ever get the itch to try it and want some support I am likely in that area anyway. Other people are likely also available to help.

If you are interested in helping with this DARC project Kix and I are working on, you could always meet with us and get 'in the loop', I always OC, and Kix OCs a bit as well.

Safety in numbers right? I am not a big believer in purposely organizing large scale OC events where people get together just to OC, but I see nothing to complain about a bunch of guys who just happen to OC getting together for some coffee.

Shawn Mitola

Welcome. There is a lot to do in this state, and it seems that since the election our usual enthusiastic players have fallen off the radar. I am hoping this is just due to vacations/holiday business.

Regardless, if you want to get involved I think the best advice is to watch this forum and don't be afraid to roll up your sleeves and get involved. We are working on some other ways to get people more involved and to spread information about current issues and the actions that need to be taken on them.

Until that time, don't be afraid to offer to volunteer when you see something that needs to be done. We have plenty of honest people here that will give their opinions on your ideas or planned actions.

If you want to jump in and get started right away, you can email me at: rich@masterplansoftware.com
I have plenty of things we could use some help with that I can get you rolling with.

We submitted a proposal at the last CCDL meeting to start a subcommittee called DARC (Defensive Action Response Committee). This committee will be busy fighting back when citizens are wronged by various government or other entities. The fighting back will be in the form of intelligence gathering, media support, legal actions, etc.

You can find our proposal here: http://subtlehustle.com/OC/DARC/Defensive Action Response Committee proposal - Draft.pdf

If this is something you are interested in, let me know, we will get you started. That offer goes to anyone here of course, but I think most of you have been informed of this plan of action to begin with.

Kix and I have already met a few times and have a couple actions we are working on already. We could use any and all support from anyone who wants to really get busy working on the issues we are fighting in this state.

Absolutely I'll read it over and shoot you an email. I applied to join CCDL to. I think this is something that we just can't stop fighting for.