• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC article on MLIVE

SlowDog

Why is it they always start out with how they're pro 2a then the article seems to go right into how all gun groups are full of gun totin right wing redneck biggots? Then if you look into the person writing the article and their political agenda they are almost always leftist liberals.

The big difference is we're only trying to promote awareness of our rights. They're trying to use their jobs delivering "news" which turns into anti gun reteric.......just sayin

scot623

I contacted Rick Ector and made him aware of this silly article. I know he personally does a lot for firearm education in the City. He said he will be contacting the author in an attempt to educate him. Our SE Coordinator is also in talks with Ricks Firearms Academy in the city to do a joint seminar in Detroit. A little research from the author could have found that out.

PDinDetroit

I had a little "fun" with the author as well. I sure hope he takes my "suggestions" to heart, but I am not holding my breath.

Who knows, maybe this article becomes a catalyst in involving more people for OC...

B

Bikenut

I must have messed up something somehow because after jumping through the hoops to register in order to post a comment to this bit of what passes for an "article" now a days.... I find after many repeated attempts I can't post my comment concerning how the African American author of that article seems to have forgotten a certain Rosa Parks standing up for rights.... and apparently it is OK for Rosa to stand up despite some people not liking it but it isn't OK for gun owners and gun carriers to do the same.

A right is something a person is born with that cannot be taken away.... a carry permit is a privilege given by the government subject to being taken away at the whim of the government.

Now I wasn't really going to use the word "hypocrite"... honest I wasn't.

Last edited by a moderator:

scot623

Rick Ector posted a link to the YouTube video he made at the Open Carry picnic he hosted on Belle Isle this summer. No one goes to Detroit and OC's or teaches about OC? Huh, was that video made with editing magic? Is it a fake? I wonder how much that writer likes egg on his face.

lil_freak_66

I do agree that we should focus on seminars in lower income/high crime areas(by we i mean open carriers,not having to be affiliated with any organizations)
If the people learn they can lawfully fight against crime(not suggesting vigilantism),and unlawfully acting LEO's,then things for those people would become alot better.

I feel that the seminars(at least the ones ive been to) are more geared those that are already gun owning,or rather familiar with guns,i do think they could be much more effective toward the general population.