• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

15 Jan 2011 Lynchburg OC Dinner ~6:38pm

nuc65

Activist Member
I will update this with a place, for now just putting it out to see if people will be ready to attend. One of our OC dinners even had some NOVA people stop by, so everybody is welcome. Generally we have husbands and wives and individuals.

--------------------------------
PLACE: Vinny's on Wards Road. (Sort of next to McDonalds)

TIME: ~6:38 pm
--------------------------------

There sure are a lot of rules on Tags, one would think the "Tag" rules would be listed... less than 25 characters, more than 3 characters, fewer than 4, etc etc etc

Last edited:

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
I'll be there, but the wife won't. To represent her interests I'll be there in her clothes. :p

I suggest Vinny's on Ward's Rd. They've played host to our last OC dinner here recently and they're regularly accomodating to me and the wifester. Additionally, they have the big party room.

Last edited:

frankd

I am planning on attending (barring any surprises, of course). I will be there solo, as we have kids, but no babysitter.

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
Hey don't leave the kids at home, bring them along with your wife! These things are intended to be family friendly events. We haven't had kids at the Lynchburg events, because none of us who showed up had kids, but there were kids at the dinners in Roanoke and Richmond and they are always welcome. The reason we carry is because we believe it's important to defend ourselves and our family so it only makes sense that families are welcome when we meet. :)

frankd

As much as I love my kids, three of them still throw food, scream, cry, etc. at restaurants. :banghead:

nuc65

Activist Member
I'll be there, but the wife won't. To represent her interests I'll be there in her clothes. :p

I suggest Vinny's on Ward's Rd. They've played host to our last OC dinner here recently and they're regularly accomodating to me and the wifester. Additionally, they have the big party room.

The image won't leave my mind *sob*

Vinny's it is, it was good last time.

frankd

Looking forward to the dinner, and managed to talk a friend of mine into coming, barring no issues.

Snazuolu

with all of the local colleges coming back, anything on wards rd is going to be busy this weekend.

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
It won't be too bad since we have a small group. I'll be sure to call ahead to make sure we have places to sit.

Are you coming Snazalou? It would be nice to meet you!

Snazuolu

It won't be too bad since we have a small group. I'll be sure to call ahead to make sure we have places to sit.

Are you coming Snazalou? It would be nice to meet you!

not sure right now....gotta finish installing a radiator in my car first.

frankd

Forgive me, but how am I going to know those attending the dinner when I arrive? Is there a reservation?

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
look for a completely bald dude in a red sweater. you should see a native New Mexican dude with salt and pepper hair.

*Note to self: Put on your red sweater.