• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

"Incident" @ Taco Bell...

hogeaterf6

I will however tell you that I have lost count of the number of times I have been accused of being an LEO when I was wearing a uniform - of a different color and style entirely that the local LEOs, with a different patch, carrying scissors instead of a gun - while working as a Paramedic. I have also been mistaken for a store clerk. Go figure.

+1

Claytron

maybe he heard that taco bell is in hot water because their "beef" only contains 36% ground beef, 4% less than the required 40%

bob could care less about the added malto dextrin, its the -4% that screws up his bottom line.

William Fisher

maybe he heard that taco bell is in hot water because their "beef" only contains 36% ground beef, 4% less than the required 40%

bob could care less about the added malto dextrin, its the -4% that screws up his bottom line.

MALTO DEXTRIN?? AWE MAN! I thought it was the monosodium glutamate we had to worry about.

1245A Defender

a guy posted this in may, in washington state forum

user-offline.png

Regular Member Join DateDec 2009LocationSeattle, Washington, USAPosts462
im_yahoo.gif

icon1.png
imported post

About a month and some ago I was at a Renton corner store. When the girl gave me my change, for a split second, my attention was focused on turning the bills all one way. (I fully support OCD as well as OCDO) I looked up to thank her and saw a :shock: look on her face. I immediately looked around the store and saw nothing. I asked her what's the matter and she told me a guy just ran into the store with a gun in his hand, took one look at me, and ran out. I ran to the door and saw nobody outside. She thanked me for having a gun on me. (she made a small hint of thinking I was LEO or security by telling me that "we need more people in my line of work in public." I kind of chuckled and asked what more Parts Profesionals would have to do with crime? I told her all about OCDO and gave her a pamphlet from my truck. I didn't have a lot of time, so I left kinda quickly, but haven't seen her since to talk with her more.​

tcmech

I cannot provide any cites for this but I think you probably shortened your life and lengthened your belt by eating at Taco Bell.

I think your buddy Bob either decided that there was nothing on the menu that looked good after all or had a warrant and thought you were a cop.

eye95

I have been doing Weight Watchers for six months now and have lost 32.5 pounds. There are two fast food restaurants that offer food that does not require prior planning on my part because they offer menu items that do not bust my point budget: Subway and Taco Bell.

rickc1962

Some many years ago, I was working for this outfit over in Winslow, me and my wife would go `bout once a month to the big city of flagstaff to shop, now as I have said a many of times, sense being a Cowboy is who I am, I dress in boots, hat and old time rig, and sense I`m always heeled, some times people tend to look, and some times they even ask `bout what I was carrying. Well seamed to me I would, more times then I could count, someone would talk to my wife, and I would see that Hombre make tracks out of there, so one day I asked my wife what she`d say to them, and she told me they would ask her if I was LE, and she`d say no, he`s a bounty hunter. I`ve often thought it`s funny how many people must have something to hid.

Last edited:

Sc0tt

I wonder if it had something to do with wearing two shirts. Not sure what the connection is but since it was important enough to include in the story there must have something meaningful in regards to those shirts don't you think?

Maybe Bob suddenly felt overly warm and uncomfortable and decided he should go back home and remove one of those shirts?

Maybe Bob noticed someone staring at his shirts, also noticed the person was armed and then suddenly got a hunch that possibly his shirts could become an issue and he remembered he had left his legal firearm at home. He may have went to retrieve his arm just in case he came in contact with someone who was interested in relieving him of one or more of his shirts?

It could be that he meant to put a less valuable shirt on top just in case he dripped taco sauce onto it. While in line he suddenly realizes that the outside shirt was one of his most favorite of his collection so he decided to go somewhere more appropriate to take his shirts off and rearrange them in a more favorable way so when he eats, he doesn't get a stain on the one he likes more?

+1,000 Great

noname762

I wonder if it had something to do with wearing two shirts. Not sure what the connection is but since it was important enough to include in the story there must have something meaningful in regards to those shirts don't you think?

Maybe Bob suddenly felt overly warm and uncomfortable and decided he should go back home and remove one of those shirts?

Maybe Bob noticed someone staring at his shirts, also noticed the person was armed and then suddenly got a hunch that possibly his shirts could become an issue and he remembered he had left his legal firearm at home. He may have went to retrieve his arm just in case he came in contact with someone who was interested in relieving him of one or more of his shirts?

I've got a pair of pants like that. A new pair too wouldn't you know? I've no idea how they got stained. I only know this. They aren't taco stains. :D

It could be that he meant to put a less valuable shirt on top just in case he dripped taco sauce onto it. While in line he suddenly realizes that the outside shirt was one of his most favorite of his collection so he decided to go somewhere more appropriate to take his shirts off and rearrange them in a more favorable way so when he eats, he doesn't get a stain on the one he likes more?

I have a pair of pants like that. And wouldn't you know it they are literally brand new. These pants are extremely comfy and have two extra pockets. So the fact that there are 3 mysterious stains on them...........all I know for sure is they are NOT taco stains. :D

Aryk45XD

user-offline.png

Regular Member Join DateDec 2009LocationSeattle, Washington, USAPosts462
im_yahoo.gif

icon1.png
imported post

About a month and some ago I was at a Renton corner store. When the girl gave me my change, for a split second, my attention was focused on turning the bills all one way. (I fully support OCD as well as OCDO) I looked up to thank her and saw a :shock: look on her face. I immediately looked around the store and saw nothing. I asked her what's the matter and she told me a guy just ran into the store with a gun in his hand, took one look at me, and ran out. I ran to the door and saw nobody outside. She thanked me for having a gun on me. (she made a small hint of thinking I was LEO or security by telling me that "we need more people in my line of work in public." I kind of chuckled and asked what more Parts Profesionals would have to do with crime? I told her all about OCDO and gave her a pamphlet from my truck. I didn't have a lot of time, so I left kinda quickly, but haven't seen her since to talk with her more.​

I was going to mention that non-incident. Thank you.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
My thought was who enters a fast food restaurant, gets in line to "order" and then leaves?? Were the tacos more expensive than Bob thought? Did my OC have anything to do with Bob's decision to dine elsewhere? Did Bob have an ulterior motive for being in the Taco Bell?

I guess I'll never know, but it did seem weird to both me and my wife(who carries concealed) that Bob would enter get in line then decide to leave right after I walked past him with my firearm on my side.

What are your thoughts??

Maybe. On the other hand, who gets in line to rob the place?

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
Maybe Bob suddenly realized they only serve 35% meat in their tacos.

God forbid they use thickeners, anti-sticking agents, and fail to evaporate every molecule of water!

If you measure crap that way a steak is only about 60% meat.

Not to mention that authentic Mexican taco meat has similar additives for the same reasons.

Last edited: