• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Nevada Gun Law questions

sk8erord

I have my Utah CFP and will be traveling to Las Vegas. I don't yet have my Nevada CFP, and I know we've lost reciprocity. So I want to make sure I stay compliant with the laws regarding carrying and transporting of a firearm.

I've done some research, and it looks like a weapon can be kept in a vehicle loaded or unloaded so long as it is not concealed on my person, as I don't have a Nevada CFP. It can be carried loaded or unloaded openly, except where prohibited by law (schools, airports, federal buildings, etc), or where posted. Does this seem about right? I don't have a good open carry holster, so I'll pretty much need to keep it locked in the car/glove box while I'm down there, it seems.

Does this look about right? Am I missing anything? Thanks!