Thread: Constitution was read aloud during Congress

Constitution was read aloud during Congress

I received an e-mail alert from GOA (Gun Owners of America)
    stating the U.S. Constitution was read aloud for the first time ever by the floor of Congress.

http://gunowners.org/a010711.htm

This was one response to it:
    "They are reading it like a sacred text," complained anti-Second Amendment Rep. Jerrold Nadler (D-NY), who told The Washington Post that the "ritualistic reading" on the floor was "total nonsense" and "propaganda."
    Apparently some didnt get the message last November.

LR Yote
    *NOTE: No Longer under the tyranny of Milwaukee County.

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
    Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
    - Frank Outlaw

Quote Originally Posted by LR Yote 312 View Post
    stating the U.S. Constitution was read aloud for the first time ever by the floor of Congress.

"They are reading it like a sacred text," complained anti-Second Amendment Rep. Jerrold Nadler (D-NY), who told The Washington Post that the "ritualistic reading" on the floor was "total nonsense" and "propaganda."

LR Yote
    It's heresy, and maybe treason. He should be tried and sentenced accordingly.

No wait - his heresy is protected by the 1st Amendment.

Of course, we all know that the 2nd Amendment protects the 1st Amendment.

If he was in the Chinese government and said such things against their creed, he'd would have been thrown in prison. In North Korea, he would have been shot. But in New York, he'll probably just get voted back into office.

ETA: And to think New York was one of the thirteen original colonies. What happened?
    Last edited by phred; 01-07-2011 at 05:17 PM.

When I heard that bonehead's remarks I just shook my head. I guess no one clued him in that to many of us, the Constitution is sacred text. The libs just don't get it. Well 2012 is coming. Here in Wisconsin we can help by tossing Herb Kohl.

About time someone in DC read the document they derive their power of governance from. It's 200 some odd years late, but it's a start.

Now they need to follow it.

And yes, Kohl must go!
    In God I trust. Everyone else needs to keep your hands where I can see them.

Centurion
    UNFORTUNATELY, the readers of our US CONSTITUTION did not feel it IMPORTANT to read the ENTIRE document.
    They left out any reference to the MISUNDERSTOOD by many 3/5ths clause ( it was a poison pill to slavery) and the 18th amendment that outlawed the consumption of alcohol.

Many Dems did not attend. Apparently, the Constitution offends them.

Peoples' Republic of Madison, Wisconsin, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by 1FASTC4 View Post
    Many Dems did not attend. Apparently, the Constitution offends them.
    Heck, I have a copy on my Droid phone just to keep me occupied if I'm bored. This version also has lots of notes about the history, historic speeches, failed ammendments, Articles of Confederation, Declaration of Independence, etc. It's great (and free)!

+1
    "In a court trial half the lawyers are wrong." - Captain Nemo

"[There is] a duty in refusing to cooperate in any undertaking that violates the Constitutional rights of the individual. This holds in particular for all inquisitions that are concerned with the private life and the political affiliations of the citizens." - Albert Einstein

gunowners.org ~ lp.org ~ downsizedc.org ~ oathkeepers.org ~ campaignforliberty.com/usa/WI/ ~ goooh.com

Quote Originally Posted by Brendon .45 View Post
    Heck, I have a copy on my Droid phone just to keep me occupied if I'm bored. This version also has lots of notes about the history, historic speeches, failed ammendments, Articles of Confederation, Declaration of Independence, etc. It's great (and free)!
    link please? i'd like to install also.
    "In a court trial half the lawyers are wrong." - Captain Nemo

"[There is] a duty in refusing to cooperate in any undertaking that violates the Constitutional rights of the individual. This holds in particular for all inquisitions that are concerned with the private life and the political affiliations of the citizens." - Albert Einstein

gunowners.org ~ lp.org ~ downsizedc.org ~ oathkeepers.org ~ campaignforliberty.com/usa/WI/ ~ goooh.com

I watched it on CSPAN. Kind of boring though. Each politician read a sentence or 2, and then a person had to come and yield time to the next representative, they'd read a sentence or 2, and then the person would come back and yield time to the next representative. It made it take for ever. I'm sure there was some politicians who were thinking "What are we reading again...I forgot". I think it would have been better if each person read a section of it, rather than just a sentence. And, as said before, they didn't read the whole thing. I think they should have. But, leave it to politicians to take 200+ years to do something, and still get it wrong.
    Rand Paul 2016

Quote Originally Posted by jrclen View Post
    Here in Wisconsin we can help by tossing Herb Kohl.
    Quote Originally Posted by oak1971 View Post
    And yes, Kohl must go!
    Has anyone actually gone in and checked Kohl's pulse lately ??
    I swear he has been dead for the last 10 yrs and just hasnt tipped over yet.

I wouldnt be the least bit surprised to read he has been dead for a number of years and Fiengold would roll him in,then use a taped wooden stick to raise his arm so he could cast his vote one way or the other.Then Fiengold would vote just the opposite so they could cancel out each others vote on key issues.

LR Yote
    *NOTE: No Longer under the tyranny of Milwaukee County.

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
    Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
    - Frank Outlaw

Campaign Veteran GlockMeisterG21's Avatar

What's the name of the app?
    “The 1911 pistol remains the service pistol of choice in the eyes of those who understand the problem. Back when we audited the FBI academy in 1947, I was told that I ought not to use my pistol in their training program because it was not fair. Maybe the first thing one should demand of his sidearm is that it be unfair.” — Col. Jeff Cooper, GUNS & AMMO, January 2002

Founder's Club Member
    Oh! Now that gives me an idea.

Since cops like to scroll through seized cell phones, and seem to be allowed to do it by the courts, I think I'll just set up a folder titled "Cops, Look Here First", the first and only message inside will be:

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects against unreasonable searches and seizures shall not be violated...

Has anyone actually gone in and checked Kohl's pulse lately ??
    I swear he has been dead for the last 10 yrs and just hasnt tipped over yet.

I wouldnt be the least bit surprised to read he has been dead for a number of years and Fiengold would roll him in,then use a taped wooden stick to raise his arm so he could cast his vote one way or the other.Then Fiengold would vote just the opposite so they could cancel out each others vote on key issues.

LR Yote
    Good points.
    In God I trust. Everyone else needs to keep your hands where I can see them.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    Oh! Now that gives me an idea.

Since cops like to scroll through seized cell phones, and seem to be allowed to do it by the courts, I think I'll just set up a folder titled "Cops, Look Here First", the first and only message inside will be:

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects against unreasonable searches and seizures shall not be violated...

+1
    "To sin by silence, when we should protest makes cowards out of men."
    Ella Wheeler Cox

We must contact our lawmakers today, tomorrow and the next day to remind them of Constitutional Carry.
    Laws are not written because of the actions of many, they are wrtiten because of the inactions of many.

Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar

LR Yote
    How ridiculous. Did he not pay attention to the oath of office he had just said?

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny amish View Post
    +1 [Citizen's cell phone post]
    Heh, heh. Why not also set the phone pass word as something too many cops would never think of:
    1. 4th Amend
    2. HEPZ (Heightened Expectation of Privacy Zone)
    3. Warrant Clause
    4. Truth (bwahahahahahaa! Some would never think of that!)

What if you could reset the first screen to say: "This is a computer capable of telephonic and text communication. Get a warrant as for any other computer." As I understand it, Title 18 section 1030 or some such defines a computer so loosely as to be pretty much anything with a chip in it. So, certainly a cell phone would qualify as a computer by the misgovernment's own standards.

Peoples' Republic of Madison, Wisconsin, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by IcrewUH60 View Post
    link please? i'd like to install also.
    I found it in the Android Market. It's named simply "United States Constitution" by Ken Hunt

There is a good free constitution app for iPhone as well.
    Member:
    Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
    NRA