• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Constitution was read aloud during Congress

LR Yote 312

I received an e-mail alert from GOA (Gun Owners of America)
stating the U.S. Constitution was read aloud for the first time ever by the floor of Congress.

http://gunowners.org/a010711.htm

This was one response to it:
"They are reading it like a sacred text," complained anti-Second Amendment Rep. Jerrold Nadler (D-NY), who told The Washington Post that the "ritualistic reading" on the floor was "total nonsense" and "propaganda."

Apparently some didnt get the message last November.:cuss::banghead:

LR Yote

phred

stating the U.S. Constitution was read aloud for the first time ever by the floor of Congress.

"They are reading it like a sacred text," complained anti-Second Amendment Rep. Jerrold Nadler (D-NY), who told The Washington Post that the "ritualistic reading" on the floor was "total nonsense" and "propaganda."

LR Yote

It's heresy, and maybe treason. He should be tried and sentenced accordingly.

No wait - his heresy is protected by the 1st Amendment.

Of course, we all know that the 2nd Amendment protects the 1st Amendment.

If he was in the Chinese government and said such things against their creed, he'd would have been thrown in prison. In North Korea, he would have been shot. But in New York, he'll probably just get voted back into office.

ETA: And to think New York was one of the thirteen original colonies. What happened?

Last edited:

jrclen

When I heard that bonehead's remarks I just shook my head. I guess no one clued him in that to many of us, the Constitution is sacred text. The libs just don't get it. Well 2012 is coming. Here in Wisconsin we can help by tossing Herb Kohl. :banana:

oak1971

About time someone in DC read the document they derive their power of governance from. It's 200 some odd years late, but it's a start.

Now they need to follow it.

And yes, Kohl must go!

JoeSparky

Centurion
UNFORTUNATELY, the readers of our US CONSTITUTION did not feel it IMPORTANT to read the ENTIRE document.
They left out any reference to the MISUNDERSTOOD by many 3/5ths clause ( it was a poison pill to slavery) and the 18th amendment that outlawed the consumption of alcohol.

IcrewUH60

Heck, I have a copy on my Droid phone just to keep me occupied if I'm bored. This version also has lots of notes about the history, historic speeches, failed ammendments, Articles of Confederation, Declaration of Independence, etc. It's great (and free)!

link please? i'd like to install also.

Yooper

I watched it on CSPAN. Kind of boring though. Each politician read a sentence or 2, and then a person had to come and yield time to the next representative, they'd read a sentence or 2, and then the person would come back and yield time to the next representative. It made it take for ever. I'm sure there was some politicians who were thinking "What are we reading again...I forgot". I think it would have been better if each person read a section of it, rather than just a sentence. And, as said before, they didn't read the whole thing. I think they should have. But, leave it to politicians to take 200+ years to do something, and still get it wrong.

LR Yote 312

Here in Wisconsin we can help by tossing Herb Kohl.

And yes, Kohl must go!

Has anyone actually gone in and checked Kohl's pulse lately ??
I swear he has been dead for the last 10 yrs and just hasnt tipped over yet.

I wouldnt be the least bit surprised to read he has been dead for a number of years and Fiengold would roll him in,then use a taped wooden stick to raise his arm so he could cast his vote one way or the other.Then Fiengold would vote just the opposite so they could cancel out each others vote on key issues.

LR Yote

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Heck, I have a copy on my Droid phone just to keep me occupied if I'm bored. This version also has lots of notes about the history, historic speeches, failed ammendments, Articles of Confederation, Declaration of Independence, etc. It's great (and free)!

Oh! Now that gives me an idea.

Since cops like to scroll through seized cell phones, and seem to be allowed to do it by the courts, I think I'll just set up a folder titled "Cops, Look Here First", the first and only message inside will be:

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects against unreasonable searches and seizures shall not be violated...

:)

oak1971

Has anyone actually gone in and checked Kohl's pulse lately ??
I swear he has been dead for the last 10 yrs and just hasnt tipped over yet.

I wouldnt be the least bit surprised to read he has been dead for a number of years and Fiengold would roll him in,then use a taped wooden stick to raise his arm so he could cast his vote one way or the other.Then Fiengold would vote just the opposite so they could cancel out each others vote on key issues.

LR Yote

Good points. :lol:

johnny amish

Oh! Now that gives me an idea.

Since cops like to scroll through seized cell phones, and seem to be allowed to do it by the courts, I think I'll just set up a folder titled "Cops, Look Here First", the first and only message inside will be:

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects against unreasonable searches and seizures shall not be violated...

:)

+1

paul@paul-fisher.com

LR Yote

How ridiculous. Did he not pay attention to the oath of office he had just said?

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
+1 [Citizen's cell phone post]

Heh, heh. Why not also set the phone pass word as something too many cops would never think of:
  1. 4th Amend
  2. HEPZ (Heightened Expectation of Privacy Zone)
  3. Warrant Clause
  4. Truth (bwahahahahahaa! Some would never think of that!)
What if you could reset the first screen to say: "This is a computer capable of telephonic and text communication. Get a warrant as for any other computer." As I understand it, Title 18 section 1030 or some such defines a computer so loosely as to be pretty much anything with a chip in it. So, certainly a cell phone would qualify as a computer by the misgovernment's own standards.

XD40V10

There is a good free constitution app for iPhone as well.