• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

need help with convincing people...

bigdodge25

i have been on my truck forum and someone asked about oCIng and everyone says that iit is the stupidest thing to do. I need help explaining to these people about OC. they are trying to compare us (OC'ers) with tupac. the picture of tupac is on the thread. this is where they are being immature about it.

here is the link to the thread...http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/off-topic/351283-anyone-ever-open-carry-handgun-6.html#post3703732

it starts out on page six but you can go back and read the other pages.

this is what a guy asked me and my response is below his but what do you guys say to his questions or statements?

his statements
-Where does it say the 'gun' (proper legal term is firearm BTW) has to be holstered?
-There are holsters that fit in the waist band just like 2Pac is carrying.
-It is not illegal to carry into a police station. (unless properly posted, but unlikely)
-It doesn't matter whether you're dressed like a banker or a homeless person, carrying your piece on the outside is a big sign that says "I'm a big tough guy, you better not mess with me because I'm a billy bad@$$", but seasoned criminals see it as "I think I'm a big tough guy, but really I'm a newb and you can take this gun from me easily"

You're 19 kiddo, and still a green horn. Get seasoned for a few more years and maybe get a career where you have to draw your weapon out on a regular basis before you start making armchair quarter-back calls.

Riley~~~ "

my reponse

"i might be young but i do read on things....

Sorry i didnt us the proper terminolgy for you i thought you smart enough to know what im sayin...So tell me how you will OC without it being holstered?

it was my mistake about the police stations but I was still correct in a way. you CANNOT OC in a police station if it is inside a courthouse or jail. Also you cannot carry if they have signs posted. if no sign its fair game. i have read posts where guys have carried into police stations and the police dont even bat an eye. BUT like i said in my other posts you have to be sensible when OCing but you probably didnt read the other posts did you... what ive read about so far most people choose to not carry into police stations. it comes back down to being smart like ive said in almost all my posts.

Yes there are holsters like that i kno but leagally you have to have the FIREARM and holster visible. if any part of the FIREARM is hidden thats considered concealed and then you can get into trouble.

It does matter how you present yourself....so for instance a police officer sees a guy dressed a punk with his pants hangin down say he has a hoodie on too. that poolice officer is going to be watching him more closely in a public place than someone how is properly dressed.

And where is everyone getting that because you OC your a tough guy and want everyone to know it?

im young, yes, but i am not stupid. i know how to educate myself on things. "

langzaiguy

-Where does it say the 'gun' (proper legal term is firearm BTW) has to be holstered?
It doesn't legally have to be.

-There are holsters that fit in the waist band just like 2Pac is carrying.
Ok.

-It is not illegal to carry into a police station. (unless properly posted, but unlikely)
Posting doesn't matter, it's not illegal.

"-It doesn't matter whether you're dressed like a banker or a homeless person, carrying your piece on the outside is a big sign that says "I'm a big tough guy, you better not mess with me because I'm a billy bad@$$", but seasoned criminals see it as "I think I'm a big tough guy, but really I'm a newb and you can take this gun from me easily"
This is just silly. More importantly, it can't be substantiated in anyway.

I think it's easy to convince someone of the legality of OC. This is pretty black and white. It's much more difficult to convince someone that it's a good idea to OC. If someone would rather CC, I could care less. You don't need to tell someone how to carry (not that you were) and they don't need to do the same. If someone thinks it's idiotic to OC, all you can do is explain your point of view. If they don't accept it, it's not your problem.

KYGlockster

Activist Member
That guy is incredible.

It is legal to OCarry in a police dept. sherr. office regardless of posting. You just can not CC carry if its posted, but even if you do, all they can ask you to do is leave, there is no Criminal act being commited, and then all you would have to do is put your shirt behind it, and your no longer concealed. You can open carry a long gun as well, you would just have to sling it over your shoulder, however i wouldnt recommend it, and as far as a handgun it has to be visible, and the only safe way to OCarry a handgun is in a holster, preferably with a retetion device of some sort. Where did this guy come from?

KYGlockster

Activist Member
by the way

You can carry in a IWB holster as long as your shirt is tucked in behind it. I have yet to find a law that says you had to carry OWB, it just says it has to be visible. And a firearm is still clearly visible in a IWB holster, as long as it isnt one of those pager pals or sumptin or a tuckable.....Am i correct here??? does ne one know of a law..I know of some states that have the 3 side law, but KY isnt one of them.