• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Join MOC for dinner 1/26/11 6:30pm

scot623

No promises, but I am going to try to make this one... will depend on school homework and all... Ohh... and babysitter... :)

It's been a while since I've seen you...Memphis Smoke last year I think. It would be great to see you again. I hope it works at that you can make it. You can always bring the kid/s.

tygereye

It's been a while since I've seen you...Memphis Smoke last year I think. It would be great to see you again. I hope it works at that you can make it. You can always bring the kid/s.

Yep, that was probably it, I think that was one of the last meet-ups I was able to get to! As for bringing my daughter, as much as I would love to, it is a school night, and she has to be in bed kinda early, or she gets too tired during class... (her words, not mine.. LOL) I hope I can make it too...

cmdr_iceman71

When I went to reconnoiter the restaurant a few days ago I will say this, the placed was packed and the food was decent; however there were only a few parking spaces left. So if it is a full house already and then we have 45-50 OCer’s show up like last time be prepared to find alternate parking spots.

Onnie

Unless something comes up, I will be there CCing a box of tissues for......well.......everybody know who!

Last edited:

Kindyj

I don't suppose there is anyone from the general area of kalamazoo attending this who could give me a ride? I am legally blind and therefore can not drive myself and it would be quite expensive be taxi. PM if at all possible as i would love to attend.

NHCGRPR45

Unless something comes up, I will be there CCing a box of tissues for......well.......everybody know who!

HAha!! Looking forward to seeing everyone! I will be about 30 40 minutes early to make sure everything is in order. I may just need those tissue's Onnie if its as great a turnout as we had in taylor! But please feel free to OC them, the other board members may need them also! :banana:

Onnie

HAha!! Looking forward to seeing everyone! I will be about 30 40 minutes early to make sure everything is in order. I may just need those tissue's Onnie if its as great a turnout as we had in Taylor! But please feel free to OC them, the other board members may need them also! :banana:

Just my shear presents should bring a large tear to your eye alone! :monkey

I will be heading up 75 from Monroe by myself, wife will not be attending believe it or not she considered it, but wont be off work in time, so anyone needing/wanting a ride
from the down river river or alone I-75 to 696 just let me know and ill be more than happy to pick you up.

Last edited:

NHCGRPR45

Just my shear presents should bring a large tear to your eye alone! :monkey

I will be heading up 75 from Monroe by myself, wife will not be attending believe it or not she considered it, but wont be off work in time, so anyone needing/wanting a ride
from the down river river or alone I-75 to 696 just let me know and ill be more than happy to pick you up.

indeed, it just might. On second thought bring a case!:p

cmdr_iceman71

Had a great time everyone and a big thanks to The Avenue Family Restaurant for having us and donating the free meal gift certificates! MOC represented as usual with wonderful prizes.

Attachments

• DCP_0002.jpg
    DCP_0002.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 113
  • DCP_0006.jpg
    DCP_0006.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 110
  • DCP_0009.jpg
    DCP_0009.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 109

sprinklerguy28

Thank you to everyone who attended. Final count was 39 people. It was great to see those who haven't been to an event lately and also the number of first time participants. The food and service was great and was even able to educate some patrons on MOC and what we do.

TheQ

I very much liked the setup of this restaurant. We weren't tucked off in the corner like in other places or in a different room. This helped us accomplish our goal of allowing people to see us as normal people doing normal stuff.

It was great meeting everyone from the South East area...