• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

HIT THIS POLL: CF News 13: rally could lead to being allowed to openly carry guns

eye95

I prefer that carry be IN a holster, but I voted yes.

BTW, Kudos to the poll author for making the question simple, clear, and to the point.

StogieC

Campaign Veteran
Over 100 people showed up at the event in Melbourne.

They want to be able to carry their gun in a holster in openly and they want state laws changed.

Way to go Melbourne!

Mike

Site Co-Founder
I prefer that carry be IN a holster, but I voted yes.

BTW, Kudos to the poll author for making the question simple, clear, and to the point.

yeah, grammatically, and in fact - apparently one of the rally attendees took the bait from a reporter and handled his handgun outside his holster - let's spread the word folks, this is about the carry of properly holstered handguns - so that is what you do - carry in properly holstered handguns - old speak calmly and logically. that's all we have to do - the gun IN THE HOLSTER is a loud enough amplifier already.

Every gun safety course teaches that unnecessary handling of firearms should be minimized or eliminated. When doing events and speaking to the press, the right answer is that the handling of firearms should is eliminated. Don't even let the press come into you home and watch you holster up when you remove the handgun from your safe.

since9

Campaign Veteran
Please don't think I'm speaking without experience, as I've lived 11 years of my life in Florida. It's where I grew up.

From the article:

Most states allow open carry in some way or another and supporters believe it is their right.

Opponents feel it is a threat to public safety and can be dangerous.

The ban in Florida has been in place since 1987.

So, for 14,000 years, Floridians have been able to keep and bear arms, except for 23 years, less than 0.00164 years (608 times longer).

Did Florida somehow repeal criminal nature in human beings? Murderous intent?

No?

Then why in the world would they EVER deprive law-abiding citizens from the means with which those law-abiding citizens might defend themselves?

I tell you, there are some real nuckleheads behind laws which prevent honest, law-abiding citizens from defending themselves, their loved ones, and property.

"But open carry upsets people." As in "Eeeek! He has a gun!"

Yeah? So what? Half of all Floridians have a gun. Get used to it, or find another country.

See my signature for more.

THANK GOD the "the few who're fearful of reality" number less than 28%. Heaven help our nation should those sheeple ever rise above a third of our population, as we'd be ripe for takeover. Might as well send an engraved invitation to Iran saying Florida's up for grabs.

Damned nuckleheads, and I'm not talking about the Iranians. I'm talking about the 28% of the sheeple in Florida who voted "Guns? OMG!" in the poll.

Last edited:

KBCraig

One of the OCDO members, who is also a Facebook friend, posted pics of himself OC'ing on a pier in Tampa, while "fishing". One of his other buddies commented on the "thousand dollar gun, and ten cent Wal-Mart fishing rod". I don't think he landed any tarpon. ;)

Tess

Founder's Club Member
I lived in Melbourne from 84-93, and I thank those who are actively working for open carry.

since9

Campaign Veteran
I lived in Melbourne from 84-93, and I thank those who are actively working for open carry.

Tess, my thoughts exactly. If you're ever in-country, Tess (sorry for the anti-cshilvoursithdss)

,I'd like to buy you dinner! I even know where to park my napkin, thank you very much (burp).

since9

Campaign Veteran
I have yet to figure out why people waste their time to vote in a poll with the answer "not sure" or "don't know"

If I might put on one of my more Machiavillin hats for a moment, I might BAN be able to answer that question.

Then again, here in the US, we're all about giving each and ever one of us a a chance. Taking my machiavellan hat off for a moment, I agree - it's best place in is the garbage.

TrailRunner

Voted Yes. An Undecided, Unsure option is necessary in a good poll. People are more likely to vote "No" when they are actually undecided then "Yes".. And if it's a scientific poll (this one is not), then that reports to the statistical percentage of the population that can most likely be swayed to one side or the other via arguments.