• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

AZ Rep Gabrielle Giffords and 3 staffers shot at event.

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
The local Sheriff also just answered a direct question on the matter, and stated that there was "no exchange of gunfire".

TFred

Though he did confirm is was all the fault of talk radio and certain vitriolic rhetoric "on certain TV shows".

Beretta92FSLady

As expected, it didn't take long for the Brady Bunch to turn this sad event into something political.

Here is the text of one of the videos this person made. It appears he made this political, or at least, politics was part of the reason he may have carried this out.

"My final thoughts: Jared Lee Loughner! Most people, who read this text, forget in the next two second!
The population of dreamers in the United States of America is less than 5%!
if 987…618 is the year in BCE then the precious year of 987…618 is 987…619 BCE.
987…618 is the year in BCE
Therefore, the previous year of 987…618 BCE is 987…619 BCE.
If BCE years are unable to start then ADE years are unable to begin.
BCE years are unable to start.
Thus, ADE years are unable to begin.
If I teach a mentally capable 8 year old for 20 consecutive minutes to replace an alphabet letter with a new letter and pronunciation then the mentally capable 8 year old writes and pronounces the new letter and pronunciation that’s replacing an alphabet letter in 20 consecutive minutes.
I tech a mentally capable 8 year old for 20 consecutive minutes to replace an alphabet letter with a new letter and pronunciation.
Thus, the mentally capable 8 year old writes and pronounces the new letter and pronounciation that replaces an alphabet letter in 20 consecutive minutes.
Every human who’s mentally capable is always able to be treasurer of their new currency.
If you create one new currency than you’re able to create a second new currency.
If you’re able to create second new currency then you’re able to create third new currency.
You create one new currency.
Thus, you’re able to create a third currency.
You’re a treasurer for a new currency, listener?
You create and distribute new currency, listener?
You don’t allow the government to control your grammar structure, listener?
If you create on new language then you’re able to create a second new language.
If you’re able to create a second new language then you’re able to create a third new language.
You create on new language.
Thus, you’re able to create a third new language.
All humans are in need of sleep.
Jared Loughner is a human.
Hence, Jared Loughner is in need of sleep.
Sleepwalking
If I define sleepwalking then sleepwalking is the act or state of walking, eating, or performing other motor acts while asleep, of which one is unaware upon waking.
I define sleepwalking.
Thus, sleepwalking is the act or state of walking, eating, or performing other motor acts while asleep, of which on is unaware upon awakening.
I’m a sleepwalker—who turns off the alarm clock.
All conscience dreaming at this moment is asleep.
Jared Loughner is conscience dreaming at this moment.
Thus, Jared Loughner is asleep.
Terrorist
If I define terrorist then a terrorist is a person who employs terror or terrorism, especially as a political weapon.
I define terrorism.
Thus, a terrorist is a person who employs terror or terrorism, especially as a political weapon.
If you call me a terrorist then the argument to call me a terrorist is Ad Hominem.
You call me a terrorist.
Thus, the argument to call me a terrorist is Ad hominem.
Every United State Military recruit at MEPS in Phoenix is receiving one mini bible before the tests.
Jared Loughner is a United States Military recruit at MEPS in Phoenix.
Therefore, Jared Loughner is receiving on mini bible before the tests.
I didn’t write a believe on my Army application, and the recruiter wrote on the application; None.
The majority of citizens in the United State of America have never read the United State of America’s Constitution.
You don’t have to accept the federalists laws.
Nonetheless, read the United States of America’s Constitution to apprehend all of the current treasonous laws.
You’re literate, listener?
If the property owners and government officials are no longer in ownership of their land and laws from a revolution then the revolutionary’s from the revolution are in control of the land and laws.
The property owners and government officials are no longer in ownership of their land and laws from a revolution.
Thus, the revolutionary’s from the revolution are in control of the land and laws.
In conclusion, reading the second United States Constitution, I can’t trust the current government because of the ratifications: The government is implying mind control and brainwash on the people by controlling grammar.
No! I won’t pay debt with a currency that’s not backed by gold and silver!
No! I won’t trust in God!
What’s the government if words have no meaning?"

curtiswr

At the gym and CNN is on the TV... already questioning how and why he was able to buy/own the firearm.

Very unfortunate event for everyone involved, especially that they are already being used for political agendas. :(

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

PavePusher

This may seem a bit premature, but it will be asked at some point:

Does anyone know if firearms are/were prohibited in that Safeway store?

What is Safeway's corporate policy?

I'm sure there will be a rash of "knee-jerk woulda, coulda, shoulda" reactions to this tragic event.

To the best of my knowledge, there are no grocery stores of any brand posted in Tucson. I even O.C. at Trader Joes. Anyway, she usually has these events outside, out of the way of the folks entering/leaving the store. Todays weather was beautiful, and the event was outside.

since9

Campaign Veteran
My two cents

Any "Congressman on your own" requires us to protect and defend our own.

No, I don't agree with her personal issues. But yes, I most certainly agree with the fact that first, she's an American Citizen, an elected representative, a Congresswoman...

Am I missing something, here, or are there some of you who would prefer to usurp our system of federal justice as it exists?

Dreamer

I have seen several commentators on MSM claim that this Glock 19 used had "high capacity" magazines because it held more than 10 rounds.

Nobody in the media, or in official press releases has said it had a 32-round mag.

The Glock 19 comes stock from the factory in most RATIONAL jurisdictions with a 15-round mag. That is only one reload in this incident...

I just heard Gerlado Rivera say on Fox "the 9mm is a MASSIVE slug..."... Has he ever even SEEN a 9mm round? He must think that a .45acp is an "elephant gun" if he thinks the 9mm is a "massive slug". What a clueless moonbat...

Last edited:

CalicoJack10

Any "Congressman on your own" requires us to protect and defend our own.

No, I don't agree with her personal issues. But yes, I most certainly agree with the fact that first, she's an American Citizen, an elected representative, a Congresswoman...

Am I missing something, here, or are there some of you who would prefer to usurp our system of federal justice as it exists?

I can't lie and say that there is not a little piece of me that wants to drag his flag burnin A$$ out back and skin him alive, but then again, that is that military side of me talking. OK, maybe a little of the father/uncle in me too. But I believe that our justice system will take care of that for me.

I have seen several commentators on MSM claim that this Glock 17 used had "high capacity" magazines because it held more than 10 rounds.

Nobody in the media, or in official press releases has said it had a 32-round mag.

The Glock 17 comes stock from the factory in most RATIONAL jurisdictions with a 17-round mag. That is only one reload in this incident...

I just heard Gerlado Rivera say on Fox "the 9mm is a MASSIVE slug..."... Has he ever even SEEN a 9mm round? He must think that a .45acp is an "elephant gun" if he thinks the 9mm is a "massive slug". What a clueless moonbat...

That is cause Geraldo is comparing it to his &^%$ size. A 9mm is massive compared to a sewing needle. Besides, this is Fux news (Not a mistype). They are all about making guns look evil.

The key to this all is that people are using this terrible situation to commit the "Ultimate Gun Sin" in my eyes. And that is using the deaths of others to further their political agenda.

10A

Saw a report somewhere (I've looked at way too many news sites today) that said "extended magazine".

Maybe just a 33rd stick?

I saw a report that stated a Glock 19 with a 30 round mag, for whatever that's worth at this point. It was supposedly purchased at a Sportsman's Warehouse. We still don't know much at all, and it seems there are more rumors than facts.

Last edited:

since9

Campaign Veteran
I just heard Gerlado Rivera say on Fox "the 9mm is a MASSIVE slug..."

Oh, joy. Yet another numbnutted anti-gunner weighing in with his/her insanely off-target assessment of reality.

Oh, Rivera? I hit the range with him 20 years ago!!! You mean he's still at it despite having beebn shown the differnce between self-defensive gunners (from which he shot nearly 70 rounds) and criminals, and he STILL DOESN'T GET IT???

Fine. SCREW HIM. If he wants to live in an "I'm so sorry, I deserve to be beaten, robbed, and die!" environment, let him.

Me? No freakin way, period, bar none. I keep record of all interactions, including starewell, parking lot, and various camera angles in and around my apartment complex. If you wanna dance, you're gonna die.*

Have a nice day! :D

*Meanwhile, my neighbors who know both my son and I live in relative freedom from such harm!

Last edited:

since9

Campaign Veteran
I have seen several commentators on MSM claim that this Glock 19 used had "high capacity" magazines because it held more than 10 rounds.

The Glock 19 comes stock from the factory in most RATIONAL jurisdictions with a 15-round mag. That is only one reload in this incident...

I think the point Dreamer is trying to make (or the point that I'd make if I'd been the originator of Dreamer's post) is that magazine capacity has VERY little to do with down-range results provided one is firing into an environment in which one is trained to fight.

ANY well-regulated OC/CC citizen of the United States of America could have stopped this perp cold.

I AM a well-regulated OC/CC citizen of the United States of America, courtesy of your tax dollars.

What the HELL is up with Congress with respect to their failure to recognize and prevent these sorts of tragedies from happing throughout our country?

Gah.

KBCraig

I also saw the report that said it was a Glock 19 with a 30 round magazine, and that there were two rounds left in his magazine when he was stopped. Most reports say he fired "12 to 15 shots" into the crowd. No accounting for the discrepancy.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
SNIP What the HELL is up with Congress with respect to their failure to recognize and prevent these sorts of tragedies from happing throughout our country?

Huh!?!

Don't give Congress another excuse to regulate something.

Besides, its up to the states to make well-regulated militias.

PT111

I also saw the report that said it was a Glock 19 with a 30 round magazine, and that there were two rounds left in his magazine when he was stopped. Most reports say he fired "12 to 15 shots" into the crowd. No accounting for the discrepancy.

Not trying to be funny or anything but 12-15 rounds and he killed six and wounded 12. One heck of a shot if he did that. As I have said this investigation is a long way from being over so anything we hear right now is just rumor. This just shows how one screwed up individual can effect an entire country. No matter what your opinions of those shot it is a very sad day for all America.

KansasMustang

"In a biographical sketch on the site, the author of the post writes that he attended Tucson-area schools and that his favorite books include Adolf Hitler's "Mein Kampf", Karl Marx's "Communist Manifesto," and Ken Kesey's "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest," set in an insane asylum.

This doesn't sound like a Tea Party kinda guy to me folks. Sounds like a lunatic leftist that is bringing about the tragedy kinda thing that'll spark the violence from the left that George Soros desperately need to finish his collapsing of the system. Then the current administration can complete the takeover. Just me sayin it.

eye95

Well, that didn't take long. Some talking head on CNN already accusing the "rabid right" and "lunatic" gun owners for this shooting. Idiots.... we have no idea at this point who the shooter is, or what the motive might be.

I haven't been watching CNN. (I rarely do.) Despite my expectations, they have avoided the "right wing" label, opting instead for mentioning his group memberships, his beliefs, and his mental state. Some will, of course, conclude that he is a right-wing nutjob from these reported facts, but Fox seems to be assiduously avoiding reporting conclusions.

They also seem to be avoiding making this about guns. The story is about a nut who committed some horrific violent crimes.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
"In a biographical sketch on the site, the author of the post writes that he attended Tucson-area schools and that his favorite books include Adolf Hitler's "Mein Kampf", Karl Marx's "Communist Manifesto," and Ken Kesey's "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest," set in an insane asylum.

He also listed as favorites: The Wizard Of OZ, Aesop Fables, Alice Adventures Into Wonderland, Peter Pan, and Through The Looking Glass.

From fantasy to political treatise and what would seem as an inability to reasonably keep the two separate - witness his "My Final Thoughts." There we can see his application of illogical logic, a justification for his actions - the ultimate of imposing one person's will against the many. The crushing blow to him would be to not be right, therefore to have no worth.

He is not a martyr, he is not a hero, he has not struck a blow for humanity as he may well wish. He has earned the contempt and bitter disdain of all - most specifically those of us that see his actions as a violation of a sacred right.

He has lost that which he wished to gain - verification of his own self worth. One way or another, our legal system will put a stamp of finality on him in due course. We must while showing proper respect to those impacted most directly, resolved to not be punished for his misdeeds. He is not fit to walk amongst us ever again.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I haven't been watching CNN. (I rarely do.) Despite my expectations, they have avoided the "right wing" label, opting instead for mentioning his group memberships, his beliefs, and his mental state. Some will, of course, conclude that he is a right-wing nutjob from these reported facts, but Fox seems to be assiduously avoiding reporting conclusions.

They also seem to be avoiding making this about guns. The story is about a nut who committed some horrific violent crimes.

I've noticed that too - hard not to see the difference in that there is generally (some few exceptions) no major media rush to condemn guns.

Why is that do you think?

I'm sitting here waiting for the other shoe to drop, still fully anticipating that it will, and soon. Still I have to hope (hate that word now, maybe postulate is better) that they are beginning to comprehend that it is the action of the person, not the tool used that is of import.