Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking News: Rep. Gabrielle Giffords of Arizona Shot During Public Event in Tucson

Breaking News: Rep. Gabrielle Giffords of Arizona Shot During Public Event in Tucson

House of Representatives
    Arizona Congresswoman Shot in the Head at Public Event

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011...#ixzz1ATQ6b7Nf

my prayers go out to the congresswoman and the others involved. I'm glad they caught the shooter right away.

I read the story on NPR and the comments are already throwing blame at the tea party and gun rights groups.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 01-08-2011 at 02:51 PM. Reason: correction
    "I have a long held belief that a man cannot have too many books, too many wines, or to much ammunition"

~Jeff Cooper~

What a horrible thing to happen. Prayers to all involved.
    Hopefully they caught the right wacko who did this.

Interesting thing in the article, it said an automatic weapon was used. I have to question if that is accurate.
    "To sin by silence, when we should protest makes cowards out of men."
    Ella Wheeler Cox

We must contact our lawmakers today, tomorrow and the next day to remind them of Constitutional Carry.
    Laws are not written because of the actions of many, they are wrtiten because of the inactions of many.

I posted on the Arizona forum and I'll post it here too, Fox news is reporting a gun owned in the crowd fired at the gunman. And my speculation is that this act possibly saved more lives

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonSoul View Post
    I posted on the Arizona forum and I'll post it here too, Fox news is reporting a gun owned in the crowd fired at the gunman. And my speculation is that this act possibly saved more lives
    Lets hope that's the case. After my initial shock of this shooting my next thought was "well here comes another Brady-esq bill."

What a tragedy - lets keep these victims and the perpetrator in our prayers.

From the article:

According to the law enforcement official, the suspect began shouting something before shooting wildly with an automatic weapon. Shots then rang out from the crowd -- a security agent or someone else fired at the suspect who survived.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011...#ixzz1ATz1KmHf

Quote Originally Posted by johnny amish View Post
    What a horrible thing to happen. Prayers to all involved.
    Hopefully they caught the right wacko who did this.

Interesting thing in the article, it said an automatic weapon was used. I have to question if that is accurate.
    The man was 22yr old resident, he used a semi-auto glock 9mm with an extened mag (20rd).

Banned
    IDK why this is in the WI forum.

Politicians have been targets since the first man stood on a rock telling other men what to do.

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by anmut View Post
    From the article:

According to the law enforcement official, the suspect began shouting something before shooting wildly with an automatic weapon. Shots then rang out from the crowd -- a security agent or someone else fired at the suspect who survived.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011...#ixzz1ATz1KmHf
    I'm sure this information will get lightly tossed aside. And I'm sure the spin doctors are going to attack AZ's constitutional carry, that or a fresh new federal high-cap mag ban, For our "safety" of course.

-Landose-

Edit to add- Why is it when stuff like this happends, the anti's start drooling uncontrollably? I mean at the brunt of it all, a person died today and they're just gonna use this as ammo for their anti gun arsenal. Effed up world we live in....effed up world.

Update

Looks like 12 wounded, 6 dead. Sorry 4 the Highjack OP, but didn't see an update. Now back to your regularly scheduled thread.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/01/08/...pt=T1&iref=BN1

Rip
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Quote Originally Posted by Landose_theghost View Post
    or a fresh new federal high-cap mag ban
    On msnbc there was an FBI spokes person saying that the high cap magazine used could only be purchased by law inforcement and military personal. So I don't see how civi high cap mags could be affected

Here Is a link to Jared lee loughner Myspace page where he talks about his thoughts leading up to today's acts

http://animalnewyork.com/2011/01/ari...ewyork+(ANIMAL)

I feel very bad for the Dead innocent victims, this will be another excuse for the anti's.
    Last edited by GLOCK21GB; 01-09-2011 at 10:14 AM.
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Founder's Club Member
    Deleted by Citizen. The poster I quoted thought better of his comment and deleted it, so I deleted the material I quoted and my reply against assassinations and in favor of logic and reason.
    Last edited by Citizen; 01-09-2011 at 04:22 PM.

She was not a LIBERAL Democrat. She was a pro 2A Democrat.
    Last edited by BROKENSPROKET; 01-09-2011 at 10:47 AM.

[QUOTE=Glock34;1438673]
    Maybe I'm wrong but this seem a little over the top.
    Last edited by johnny amish; 01-09-2011 at 11:20 AM.
    "To sin by silence, when we should protest makes cowards out of men."
    Ella Wheeler Cox

We must contact our lawmakers today, tomorrow and the next day to remind them of Constitutional Carry.
    Laws are not written because of the actions of many, they are wrtiten because of the inactions of many.

Quote Originally Posted by johnny amish View Post
    Maybe I'm wrong but this seem a little over the top.
    Agreed, 1000 %

JJC

Disgusting

To Glock34
    Your 2 sentences are contradictory. Not only is the second sentence cold & heartless, but also baseless, un-American , and inappropriate for this forum IMHO. This type of sentiment can only hurt our cause. If I were a Moderator your comment would be deleted.
    Last edited by 6-shooter; 01-09-2011 at 02:37 PM. Reason: Removed offending origional quote of Glock34 from the public view. Thanks Glock34 for reconsidering.

Glock34 - I'd ask you to edit your post for the sake of this forum and the cause. That was totally out of line and will only further the stereotypes we have been fighting so long to change.

Quote Originally Posted by Glock34 View Post
    comment removed for obvious reasons
    Wow, the stupidity and tastelessness of this comment was astounding. Glad you saw the error of your ways.
    Last edited by oak1971; 01-09-2011 at 10:24 AM.
    In God I trust. Everyone else needs to keep your hands where I can see them.

McX
    this incident should NOT be taken out of context by the anti's to push for more stringent gun laws. this incident should highlight that the threat exists anywhere, any time, to ALL people. and the ability to carry a firearm and defend yourself is becoming critical in our society. the nut jobs and whackos continue to grow in number, the threat to society continues to grow in numbers. the police are there to hold the line, and we as citizens are there to protect ourselves, those in proximity to us, and help the police to maintain social order, and defeat threats before they become incidents.

Quote Originally Posted by anmut View Post
    Glock34 - I'd ask you to edit your post for the sake of this forum and the cause. That was totally out of line and will only further the stereotypes we have been fighting so long to change.
    Edited. But for my edit to have any effect. you will all have to delete your replies.

Yes She was pro 2nd her only good attribute. Will I apologize NO. I really Dislike them to the point that I would rather see them all ( out of a Job ) . Than voting to destroy this country, with Higher taxes, unconstitutional Laws, Force health care on everyone, let 25 million Illegals stay here, etc, etc, etc, etc,etc,etc. Will a terrible incident like this happen again ? I hope not. The Dems would pervert it into a weapon to use against us.
    Last edited by GLOCK21GB; 01-09-2011 at 10:36 AM.
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Quote Originally Posted by McX View Post
    this incident should NOT be taken out of context by the anti's to push for more stringent gun laws. this incident should highlight that the threat exists anywhere, any time, to ALL people. and the ability to carry a firearm and defend yourself is becoming critical in our society. the nut jobs and whackos continue to grow in number, the threat to society continues to grow in numbers. the police are there to hold the line, and we as citizens are there to protect ourselves, those in proximity to us, and help the police to maintain social order, and defeat threats before they become incidents.
    I agree, but you know they will...and Jeri will be first on the Band wagon. If only he would have used a cross bow. The Dems will so USE this event to help along an agenda. she was not a Liberal Dem....If your a Dem & you mostly vote along Liberal Party lines then she was a Lib Dem
    Last edited by GLOCK21GB; 01-09-2011 at 10:37 AM.

McX
    Quote Originally Posted by Glock34 View Post
    I agree, but you know they will...and Jeri will be first on the Band wagon. If only he would have used a cross bow.
    agreed also glock, we know how this one will roll; it's always the same, with maddening predictability. the left needs to understand it wasnt the gun that realy killed anyone, it was the deluded ideas in that person that killed, and these people, and their distorted views need to be 'dealt with' by society. and until that day occurrs, citizens must carry firearms for their protection. we didnt create society, and the growing problems, we simply react to an ever increasing threat to us as individuals, and society as a whole.

i didnt create this world, dont punish me for trying my best to live in it.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast