• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

AZ Congress women shot

CDT COX

A bystander tackled the gunman before he could kill more/himself. If only ther had been someone carrying to get him before he shot 18 people.

Dreamer

One interesting trend I've noticed on the MSM coverage (Fox, MSNBC, CNN) is that they are ALL saying that because the alleged shooter was writing about "government mind control" in his YouTube and MySpace posts, that is proof that he was "deranged"...

I guess that the boys in the DOD and CIA who spent over $10 million from the early 1950's to the late 1960's on MK Ultra an it's many associated projects (MK-Naomi, MK-Delta, Projects CHATTER, BLUEBIRD and ARTICHOKE, etc) to try and develop mind control techniques, drugs, and technologies must be COMPLETELY "round the bend" then...

I'm just sayin'...

When both "sides" of the media try to equate ANY belief with "insanity", it is most likely the exact opposite of insane...

Last edited:

edrolee

as i said before, when the end does come and the Gov't tell you to mass in certain areas for "assistance" and "protection" go any place ELSE

Dreamer

One of the guys that subdued the guy was carrying a gun. (on the news this morning)

Actually it was a woman--Patricia Maisch. She grabbed the second magazine out of his hands, and pushed him down, and sat on his ankles while two other men helped wrestle him into submission...

Brave lady, for sure...

And there haven't been any reliable reports that ANY of the people in the crowd who actually DID anything were in fact carrying...

Last edited:

KBCraig

And there haven't been any reliable reports that ANY of the people in the crowd who actually DID anything were in fact carrying...

Here's a CNN interview with the guy who was carrying. He was inside Walgreen's, heard the gunfire, and ran toward it. When he got there, he saw the the shooter had already been tackled. His pistol was empty (at slide lock), but as he tried to reload, the lady wrestled the magazine away. Zamudio (the LAC) helped restrain the shooter until police arrived. He was armed, but didn't draw because he saw the shooter had an empty gun, and he didn't want to cause any confusion about who the real BG was.

He said he wasn't worried about the empty gun, because he would have drawn his own gun and fired if necessary, but when he realized that the shooter had a knife, it gave him pause.

Footage: http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/bestoftv/2011/01/08/exp.az.zamudio.witness.cnn?hpt=T1

edrolee

well, they are coming much harder after speech (radio, blogs, internet postings) and talking of limiting ammo sales (via a new gun bill to be introduced as early as today)

i think i read that the guy fired less than 30 rounds? so a congresswoman from NY thinks that buying ammo in bulk to save money or buying a few hundred rounds to take to the range is a threat to free society...........

and they call us nuts

Dreamer

As long as there is reloading equipment available, there is NO WAY they can restrict the amount of ammo you keep on hand, from a practical point of view.

Ridiculous...